Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-05-2023, 08:20 AM
Master

Why did Meister Eckhart from the 14th Century say

The most powerful prayer, one well-nigh omnipotent, and the worthiest work of all is the outcome of a quiet mind. The quieter it is the more powerful, the worthier, the deeper, the more telling and more perfect the prayer is. To the quiet mind all things are possible. What is a quiet mind? A quiet mind is one which nothing weighs on, nothing worries, which, free from ties and from all self-seeking, is wholly merged into the will of God and dead to its own.

& also

If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:34 AM
He is my favorite. :)

"Nothing in all creation is so like God as stillness."

I dunno how to answer ''why", because he exp'd that personally.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-05-2023, 10:38 AM
Master

Meister Eckhart's saying is very eloquent, very deep.

Very much like a koan.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 05-05-2023, 02:29 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
Pixiedust,

The answer to your question is that Eckhart had achieved the goal of the mystic path…..oneness with God…the unitive state. It is the third step of the path. The first step is the purgative state…with the illumitive state being the second state.
Old 05-05-2023, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
…the unitive state. It is the third step of the path. The first step is the purgative state…
with the illumitive state being the second state.
I'm wondering where you got this info from, Thanks. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-05-2023, 03:29 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm wondering where you got this info from, Thanks. :)

It is pretty common. Simply Google the 3 terms together. I work from IPad, not computer so I cannot copy and paste urls…….many sites will appear..
Old 05-05-2023, 03:46 PM
Master
Quote:
I dunno how to answer ''why", because he exp'd that personally.
Agree
Old 05-05-2023, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
It is pretty common. Simply Google the 3 terms together.
I work from IPad, not computer so I cannot copy and paste urls…….many sites will appear..
Thanks. I guess they would be 'pretty common' to some Christians, esp a Roman Catholic...tho, I doubt that
for the everyday Catholic...ask a few! Don't believe me.
They don't even understand the mystery of the Rosary or The Stations of the Cross exactly.
These things are just not taught in your everyday Religious Instruction.
Sorry, but true. Btw, it's Illuminitive...a typo.
https://fathersofmercy.com/three-way...piritual-life/

I know about tablets and iPads ---they can be so limited!
I don't even know how to bold something on mine.

Old 05-05-2023, 05:05 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Sorry, but true. Btw, it's Illuminitive...a typo.
https://fathersofmercy.com/three-way...piritual-life/
Hahaha…..you repeated my error….it is illuminative….������
That was a good, concise website. Glad that they mentioned there will likely be overlapping or even a different order in the stages. I avoided detail in my original post thinking few would take notice….thanks for posting…
Old 05-05-2023, 05:40 PM
Molearner

By the way, it is worthwhile to mention that this path of the Christian mystics is not as daunting as we might imagine. We read of people like Eckhardt, saints and many others and might think that is not likely for us personally. Anyone that we deem as mystic has taken these steps and many of us have also in varying degrees.

Over time we purge ourselves of destructive and unproductive beliefs and practices. This has provided room for new insights(illumination)…..being more receptive and open minded. Admittedly this process can probably be accelerated by a conscious awareness of these steps. Meditation can serve as a great accelerator of these steps. The unitive stage very likely will come in small bursts….moments that we feel, sense and understand that we are one with God. As our oneness with God becomes more frequent the hold that the ego holds over us will see a corresponding diminishment…..