Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Master

Putting it diplomatically, I feel there may be some gaps in your knowledge.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroma
I cannot post link to other sites. Search for 'Was Paul a Gnostic?' in google and go to
videos section and watch the video by the asymmetricstudygroup titled 'Was Paul a Gnostic?'
It will clear your doubts.
Here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iagait3Inxg

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Master
Opinions, Opinions, and errant. Borne of disaffection. - Careless of the facts.
Who also disregard Biblical Canon for their own purposes and reasons.
What my thoughts go to, when reading these posts, is about how St. Paul was chosen to bear many sufferings for the Gospel, and who tells of the freedom, and salvation in Christ's atonement for sins.
Which the many who are foreknown of God, the Author of such a great salvation, have recieved so joyfully.
As intended.

I wonder what do these disaffected expect when they leave this sphere, pass from this world, involving the consequences of their words against a chosen apostle, who suffered so much, resolute and persistent in his sharing of Truth, and who was ultimately martyred for his Faith.
biblehub.com/matthew/12-36.htm

"I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak."

But, that's right. They maintain the, "It's all Good" mindset, and disregard any notion of consequences.

The bulk of the writings of St. Paul, in the Bible, consist of the Letters or Epistles he wrote to various churches he founded, or helped prosper in the Faith.

To the Hebrews, the Romans, Corinthians, Ephesians, the Galations, Thessalonians, and, to young St. Timothy.
---------------------------------------------------

1 Corinthians 3:11 - "For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ".

Praise God, and thankfully.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-10-2014, 03:59 AM
Master
I would say Paul was not part of the "Gnostic movement" which became obsessed with disliking the physical world, and thinking Jesus was a divine being who appeared to be human .

There are Gnostics and then there are Gnostics.

Paul said, "It is Christ who lives through me, I die daily". The "I" that dies is the id, the old self, the ego. Christ is the Son, the true self that was shining through Paul's being. Paul even changed his name from Saul to Paul. This was his extreme external transformation from his false-old self, into his new-true Self.

Paul never claimed to be "the Christ" since he was semi-enlightened and not capable in his lifetime to be completely absorbed in that state, but he did talk about his own awareness of that spirit within him. And he gave respect and honor and worship to Jesus who before him was the Christ-incarnate. He never met Jesus as a physical man, but he did encounter the spirit of Jesus in a vision who awakened in Saul an unaware potential for that Christ Consciousness. Saul became more alive, more psychic, attuned, and awake and changed his name to Paul.

Paul was a "Gnostic" in its truest sense, a mystic of spiritual experience who not only had his own awakening, but also sacrificed himself to spread the teachings of Jesus.
Old 25-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Master
From a Catholic page:

"Since he grew up in a strict Pharisee environment, the name Saul was by far the more appropriate name to go by. But after his conversion Saul determined to bring the gospel to the Gentiles, so he dusted off his Roman name and became known as Paul, a name Gentiles were accustomed to."

http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/why-did-god-change-sauls-name-to-paul

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein