Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Suspended
NightOwl,
Thanks for sharing your beliefs about Christ.
I resonate with the idea of Jesus being an anointed one.
In the religion I grew up with, anointing with olive oil or water is done in healing, blessing & in the temple... I'm not sure of the symbolic meaning, though.
I've heard that olive oil comes from careful nurturing, growth & pruning of olive trees - to then compressing & extracting many olives to get olive oil...
- basically a process & a lot of work...
I can see the symbolism of spiritual development.

Psychoslice,
I see Christ similarly... although I'm still learning.
Hey, I think I want to put your quote on my fridge...
"That's it in a nutshell, we just need to let that nut grow!"
It's true, & yet it reminds me of this picture of me with a "nutty" expression, acting like I'm giving a commercial to an actual cereal name, "Nutty Nuggets."

Shabda,
What an awesome quote!
Like the guy in Princess Bride said, I believe about those of us on this forum...
"Love is what brings us together today."
Old 31-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Master
It is the arrogance of both sides on this board! The arrogance and ignorance of who and what Jesus or Christ Consciousness is.

I agree with everything everyone says. It all rings true. Christ is the omnipresent Christ Consciousness reflected into all creation, our mediator between our human self and God our Father-Mother. Yes. Christ is the babe in our manger, untouched by the carnal world waiting to be born as the Son of God. This pattern is written into every soul. Not just Jesus.

But by the intuition and the teachings of the ascended masters or "yogis" of Sri Yukteswar, Paramahansa Yogananda, Lahiri Mahayasa, and Mahavatar Babaji and even the great American psychic Edgar Cayce, Jesus WAS born of a virgin. Jesus WAS born 2,000 years ago. Jesus WAS The Christ prophesied by the ancient Jews. Jesus' life was completely fashioned and patterned by God for us to follow. God does not like stories written for man to follow and say oh yeah this didn't really happen but God wanted a story written, even a fantasy for us to follow. No! That is not God! God works in the ether! Through worthy instruments. Does the Shaman dance a little less for you? Or does he put on a gigantic frenzy of power and magnitude to stimulate the senses?!!

The One Heavenly Father sent and created Jesus specifically to live through every passage of the New Testament as a "written" a "living" example. He did die. He was buried. He did resurrect. He did ascend. Jesus overcame the material world long long before he was Jesus. And God chose him to be the Christ to bridge the East and West, and bring a "gospel" a teaching to the poor Gentile world (Roman Empire). Jesus did not teach the Hindus (they had Bhagvad Krishna and his yogic science), he did not teach the Buddhists (they had Guatma Buddha and his Dharma path). Jesus came to the Jews and for the Gentiles.

I hate when people will side with the philosphical views of Jesus' life and then pee on his life and say it was a fairy tale written by old men but they have no comment on Buddha or Krishna. And they lived before Jesus. There is a collective attack on the Man Jesus because who the people should be fighting are the zealous extremists as in every religion! There are extremist Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, etc. but do I disbelieve in their masters? No! Because I know they existed and God has worked through many souls, many who can claim to be The Christ or "buddha" whatever you prefer
Old 02-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
It is the arrogance of both sides on this board! The arrogance and ignorance of who and what Jesus or Christ Consciousness is.
Are you not on this board too?
Quote:
I agree with everything everyone says. It all rings true. Christ is the omnipresent Christ Consciousness reflected into all creation, our mediator between our human self and God our Father-Mother. Yes. Christ is the babe in our manger, untouched by the carnal world waiting to be born as the Son of God. This pattern is written into every soul. Not just Jesus.
Good way of putting it... written into every soul.
Quote:
But by the intuition and the teachings of the ascended masters or "yogis" of Sri Yukteswar, Paramahansa Yogananda, Lahiri Mahayasa, and Mahavatar Babaji and even the great American psychic Edgar Cayce, Jesus WAS born of a virgin. Jesus WAS born 2,000 years ago. Jesus WAS The Christ prophesied by the ancient Jews. Jesus' life was completely fashioned and patterned by God for us to follow. God does not like stories written for man to follow and say oh yeah this didn't really happen but God wanted a story written, even a fantasy for us to follow. No! That is not God! God works in the ether! Through worthy instruments. Does the Shaman dance a little less for you? Or does he put on a gigantic frenzy of power and magnitude to stimulate the senses?!!

The One Heavenly Father sent and created Jesus specifically to live through every passage of the New Testament as a "written" a "living" example. He did die. He was buried. He did resurrect. He did ascend. Jesus overcame the material world long long before he was Jesus. And God chose him to be the Christ to bridge the East and West, and bring a "gospel" a teaching to the poor Gentile world (Roman Empire). Jesus did not teach the Hindus (they had Bhagvad Krishna and his yogic science), he did not teach the Buddhists (they had Guatma Buddha and his Dharma path). Jesus came to the Jews and for the Gentiles.

I hate when people will side with the philosphical views of Jesus' life and then pee on his life and say it was a fairy tale written by old men but they have no comment on Buddha or Krishna...
Is God more interested in somebody's version of "his story" or in the spirituality of here & now?
Personally, I resonate more with the spirituality of here & now, so I interpret scriptures by personal application.