Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-12-2011, 12:46 PM
JimmyTheTulip

Staying "unfocused"

Over the past couple of months I have had quite a few experiences while meditating, but all of them last for maybe a few second and the disapate. For instance, yesterdya while meditating I saw the most vibrant blue eyes looking back at me but as soon as I saw them and focused on them they disappeared. I don't know if it's just a thing where everything I see I start bombarding it with thoughts and questions or what but this happens every single time I experience something during a session. I guess my question is, what are some methods used out there to NOT focus on things you see, and instead just let them happen as they will?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Ascender
try to be in the present verses making an effort to focused

mj
Old 01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
JimmyTheTulip

I try that all the time, but it just seems that when I see something I get excited at the fact that it occured. I'm trying to curb my excitement so that I continue with the experience...
Old 03-12-2011, 02:38 AM
Master
Jimmy... If you'll stop 'trying' so much and sort of step back and just watch it all go on... whatever you are experiencing, the phenomena and the excitement... you'll develop the neutral observing that you want.

Xan

Old 03-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheTulip
I try that all the time, but it just seems that when I see something I get excited at the fact that it occured. I'm trying to curb my excitement so that I continue with the experience...

Hi JimmyTheTulip,

Acknowledge your excitement,,

Go into your meditation, feel excited, sit with it, question it even, gain an understanding of why you feel excited about certain things, consider why it is a part of your journey and maybe,,,, just maybe, you'll manage a meditation where you reach the focus you are reaching for,,, Is this what you want?

When I first started meditating, I sat with a book and pencil,,,

I went deep enough to receive, yet lost my focus enough to record it,,,

Also are you grounding first?

There's no right way or wrong way to meditate,,,

Not all meditations require focus and lead to peace,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 03-12-2011, 08:41 AM
mattie

Appreciate Your Progress

Expect that you will see various different things. Sometimes it might be geometrics or blotches of color. Shift from having disappointment to not seeing them for as long as you want or considering this a failure of yours to giving self a hearty congratulations for making significant progress & seeing new things. Often these images are only seen briefly even when one has gotten used to seeing them.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Master

Take a look into the Eyes thread, Jimmy....