Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 04-01-2011, 07:20 PM
star-child

Hello all, I have been very interested in Atlantis since reading a book by Diana Cooper who speaks a lot about it. She has a very good Atlantis question and answer page on her site - http://www.dianacooper.com/2012atlan...tatlantis.html

Recently I stumbled across two people on YouTube who speak about their past life regressions to Lemuria and Atlantis.

If you are interested then give them a watch:
Lemuria part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLAAmXhpF0Q
Lemuria part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTDot5M81A

This person has a whole series called The Awakening. It's very interesting and part of this series is his regression to Atlantis:
Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/ReeceJon...37/tCalHtiloms
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/ReeceJon...36/O-Npv33a8M8 (witnesses downfall)

Star-Child.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Administrator
Hello

I put forth some random thoughts I have. Just let things freely flow. Nothing is right and nothing is wrong. Would be wonderous to know the mysteries of the World.

Atlantis is a legendary island the first mentions of it go to writings by Plato. When one talks on something being legend then one thinks on it not existing. One has to wonder if myths and legends do not have some basis in fact. We seem to hold to them strongly and we seem to see them come up and up over and over as history goes along. This too is often from pre written history. WHY ?

We know that the Earth shifts and that there are quakes that split land away or cause the oceans to rise and put it under water. We too know that things like volcanic activity make new lands. It is possible that an island land mass did sink. That the ocean might have claimed it. We know that layers of sediment cover over many things.

Where I find things interesting is when we get to the 19th Century. While the old writings of the Greek scholars are interesting it was still to me a time of worships and beliefs that do not hold up in more modern times. Too Atlantis is but one lost civilization. We can go to the Mu and Lemuria. We too have lost civilizations that we have uncovered on the land that still exists. The Mayan comes to mind. Where it seems to have just vanished. Now did they or is there maybe more logical explanation that one’s simply used up the resources there and moved on , or that a natural disaster took it out and like in our modern times a natural disaster take some place down.

I have read Edgar Cayce and his ideas to there being more highly advanced civilizations where they were way more advanced than man could have been then. There has been talk on crystal cities and even golden cities. We know from Ancient Egypt that Gold was used on even the walls. Gold has been used Churches and other buildings so would a crystal city be that much of a stretch ? It might well have just something that there was a lot of around. Common stone there maybe.

Going way out on the limb would be to maybe think along inter dimensions. Where for a time we are able to see into that whole in space and time. Where maybe such civilizations did in fact exist but just on our plane. We still talk of things such as Pegasus and Dragons. It is not that far of a stretch to feel they were once maybe real. Too the other out there idea is that we are not alone in the vastness of the Universe and that maybe man might be seeds from another place that were placed on the Earth. Could it have been a civilization that came here for time to interact with us and then went back home or were taken back home. There are lost of cases where man seemed to be more advanced in areas an then took what seemed to be steps backwards.

Will we ever find hard based facts and if one did find evidence of a lost continent there would still be room for debate on what it really was. We can do things like Carbon Date things but to that is open to great debates.

Lynn
Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Will we ever find hard based facts
The hard facts will be in, when we stop putting our power into EXTERNAL evidence in the world and all focus our power in our "inside" connection.. then all answers and knowledge will be given.. and you'll go "ohh" for having access to a gigantic wiki database of realities and facts

The hard fact is Atlantis exists today.. not yesterday or tomorrow (though those count too) the fact is a version of Atlantis was destroyed another wasn't.. all realities exist at the same time and they always will.. Atlantis was not destroyed 10,000 years ago.. it was destroyed this second and another one survived

None of that is provable really to the ego, however to a heart based connection to all that is anything is possible
Old 05-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Greenslade, maybe what someone is trying to tell you,( if you would listen before he thumps you on the head with his pipe) is this: The SPIRIT of Atlantis is rising from the depths of the ocean. And all the souls who remember it and what it originally entailed, are reconnecting their energies. Those who were there are linking on the spiritual level and making a grid around the world of that energy. Regardless of WHERE it was, the energy and essence is what draws us to our memories and to each other. Perhaps that is the most important aspect of Atlantis.

Thank you, Summer. That's what I've been trying to say and TheMaster kinda confirms that a little. It's easy to criticise its existence through a perceived lack of evidence, but for me the evidence is of a different kind to what most are looking for. Many are looking for buildings or artefacts they can hold in their hands or point to and say "That's Atlantean". What about the connections people feel, or the list of regressions Star-Child has posted? If regressions are done under hypnosis, are those people lying or relating some kind of fantasy? I'm no expert but I wouldn't think so.

Lynn, all legend is based on fact somewhere along the line. It's similar to children's stories where fanciful notions can have a deeper meaning. Like the rhyme about magpies - one for sorrow, two for joy? If you take a child through the rhyme they end up counting up to ten. Magpies are flocking birds and mate for Life, so one is for sorrow because being alone is bad news for a magpie. Two is for joy because it has a mate for Life. A legend is also coloured by its culture and the story-teller, who might try and make it more palatable for the audience. Remember they came about through illiterate people who had to pass it down through word of mouth. But to my mind there's a bit missing from the process. Would a story-teller colour the story to make it more palatable then teach the audience its true meaning?

After the fall of Atlantis, I believe the Atlanteans went to different locations on the earth or were already in different locations. There's evidence of Atlantean culture in Scotland and its legend tells of giants and the like. There's also areas that look as though they've been nuked - evidence of an advanced culture's war. Thoth is supposed to have been an Atlantean according to both the Egyptians and his Emerald Tablets. Apparently he had advanced sound technology that was used in building - perhaps the same thing that brought down the walls of Jericho. The Sumerians talk of spacemen in their ships, of a people who came from the east and gave them civilisation. That same theme is echoed over and over. Even their gods were very similar, different names (obviously to fit in with the culture) but the exact same roles. This was before history says these cultures could possibly have met. There was an inscription found on a Mayan temple, confirmed to have been carved there the day it was built. It said "Tao T'ien". Tao is 'The Way' as in the Tao Te Ching. T'ien means Heaven. I have a huge slab of a book where the authors have written about all the similarities with the cultures - too many to be mere coincidence.

The Atlanteans would not have used the resources and moved on. They worked in harmony with their environment. What there is evidence of is a comet that hit the earth, shifting of the tectonic plates as you've mentioned, and a nuclear-like war. Whether there was a war or if it was systematic destruction of all that came before is speculation. I believe that if it was war it was planned to happen that way. Part of Atlantis' 'job' was to anchor high dimensional (you touched on that so there's confirmation. More to come :-) beings into the third. If a - for example - sixth/seventh dimensional being came to Atlantis as was slowly 'converted' and their frequencies lowered, Atlantis being there was still a connection back to where they came from. Take Atlantis out of the equation and they have to get on with it. Stranded, essentially.

The Atlanteans didn't value money - they didn't even use it. Gold was used for its properties rather than as a currency or as a status symbol. Gold is a pretty good conductor of electricity. Also bear in mind the human body is a carbon-based bag of water. And being carbon-based, it's not too far from crystal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that the structure of crystal is very similar to the structure of the carbon in our bodies. Gold would have been pretty common, and there are huge crystal deposits in Arkansas. Becker-Hagens also figures Arkansas in its grid system.

Becker-Hagens Atlantean connection. http://www.crystalinks.com/grid2000b.gif I wonder if any of the points on the map would correspond to possible locations of Atlantis? Bear in mind the grid is not an exact representation, the grid moves in the same way as magnetic north does.

If you're going out on that limb, Lynn, shift your tail over a bit and make room for me. It's just what I've been thinking about these last couple of days, and I've got a guy sitting waving a pipe at me and a cheesy grin on his face in my head. Atlantis operated at a range of different frequencies - it had to. There were beings there not just from different galaxies but also from different dimensions. If beings came from different dimensions to be integrated into the third then it had to be capable of resonating at those different frequencies. "Atlantis is waiting for you" is what the voice is saying. Perhaps if 2012 theories are to be believed (or some of them at least) and we are moving into the fifth/sixth dimension, perhaps we will again walk through those gates and go sit by the dolphin pool. We get a glimpse of higher dimensions in dreams and astral travel, perhaps in our imaginations and when we mediumistically connect with Spirit. And according to a Bashar channelling (good stuff, master) if we can imagine it then it's real.

I also get the feeling that this will give Grazier an opening :-)

There was a part of Atlantis that - for want of a better expression - went back to where it came from. I get the feeling that it went somewhere else to do the same job, and that when we are able to perceive and resonate we will find fellow Atlanteans all over the galaxy. It would be naive to think we are the only ones or that we were the first. I also believe that there was a systematic destruction of the culture on this planet in this dimension for a reason, whether that was war or planned. But I also believe the Spirit of Atlantis is still here in the people who resonate with it and will one day find it again. I have to go with themaster on this one - "however to a heart based connection to all that is anything is possible"
Old 10-01-2011, 05:19 PM
cvs

I have no doubt that Atlantis was very very real!

Just because it hasn't been found means nothing, who's to say it didn't descend into the earths magma?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvs
Just because it hasn't been found means nothing, who's to say it didn't descend into the earths magma?
Hmm a big continent or island, being fully taken by the sea, then ''descend into the earth's magma''... just a few thousand years ago.. without any traces left behind.. Ehhrr..

We can find some of the most reclusive rainforest animals, learn about million years old time periods, yet we can't find this human paradise.

Quote:
A volcanic eruption that may have inspired the myth of Atlantis was up to twice as large as previously believed, according to an international team of scientists. The eruption occurred 3,600 years ago on the Santorini archipelago, whose largest island is Thera. Santorini is located in the Aegean Sea about 125 miles (200 kilometers) southeast of modern-day Greece (map of Greece).
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060823-thera-volcano.html
Old 10-01-2011, 05:33 PM
cvs

Im just making a point that just because we cant see it doesnt mean it wasnt there. I dont personally believe it desended into the earth magma either.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:34 PM
cvs

Maybe theres a very specific reason why we cant find it. Maybe we were never meant to find it.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvs
Im just making a point that just because we cant see it doesnt mean it wasnt there.
Of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvs
Maybe theres a very specific reason why we cant find it. Maybe we were never meant to find it.
As in: ''We're not meant to find God?''
Plato was a sinner!
Old 10-01-2011, 06:28 PM
cvs

To me, to find god is to find the goodness in yourself. I see god as all that is good, which spans across the human race and the universe. I see the devil as the doubt to gods certainty, all that is bad.

So in this sense, we are not meant to find god, rather we are meant to be god.

To be good is to do god's work, so to speak.

Anyway, I dont want to send the thread in the wrong direction.

Atlantis sure is an interesting topic :P