Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 04-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Precognitive Dreams

Has anyone experienced dreams that later come to pass? When you have these dreams, how literal are they, or do your dreams show you things only in symbols?

I've had many precognitive dreams in my life. Usually things are shown to me as half literal and half symbolic. I've never gotten a sense of needing to change the future from these, however, but rather to be aware of why these things are coming to pass.

For instance, for many months leading to the attacks of September 11, I had dreams about people being carefully watched as they did business in various marketplaces. I would see people in full body burkas (so they could have been men disguised as women) sitting together and watching people in an open air market in the middle of a modern city.

The morning of the attack, I dreamt that I was searching for all the albums by Jefferson Airplane. It was important the name "Airplane" was in it and not "Starship". Then at the end of the marketplace (it looked as if I were at a flea market in the middle of a street in New York) a building had collapsed. I ran to see what had happened. Smoke was billowing out of a hole in the ground. I went down into the hole to see a bright purple light through a doorway. I wanted to enter to find out what was happening. I was stopped and told I couldn't go through or I wouldn't be allowed to come back. But everyone who was in the building was on the other side, and they were okay. They had agreed to do this together.

I came out of the hole to see rescue workers trying to find people, but couldn't. I then woke up, 30 minutes before my alarm would normally go off. I went back to sleep. When my radio alarm kicked on, the station was breaking the news about the first plane. I remember being surprised at how angry other people were about the whole thing while I was only sad that it needed to happen.

That was my only "big" precognitive dream. The rest I've had have all been of my personal life or of others I know, but they are similar, with a mix of real and symbols.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Guide
(Before going into business for myself) I used to have dreams about being fired from whatever job i was working at about a week before getting fired.
As I worked a number of short term jobs over the years, I had many jobs and this dream occurred many times to warn me.

May not be a big society shaking precognition, but it was something that happened often enough to prove the phenomena to me ;)

Rawn
Old 04-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Ascender

(Usually things are shown to me as half literal and half symbolic.)

had a lot of these some so beautiful like best computer generated movie ever

so real they looked but as you say 1/2 symbolic

the scene symbolic the people real guess could not be all real since

that would make the message less meaning full and more open to wrong

interpretation in ways
Old 04-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Suspended
At 911 I was working at the Grand Canyon. In the months before 911 I had visions of the tourists freaking out when I arrive for work in the morning. I was camping out at the time in the national forest.

When 911 happened, a coyote was sitting in the middle of my medicine wheel when I woke up. When I arrived at work all the tourists were freaking out over the attacks.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:10 AM
Experiencer
Hi SoulNinja,

I get both symbolic messages and exact real visions of the future in my dreams. Either way it gives me a way to mentally prepare for the most probable future. Sometimes it's a warning about a possible future of mine, and that's when such message can helpful to be able to circumvent a certain event.

Boson
Old 05-01-2015, 12:20 AM
Master

I have received warnings in dreams, and woke up frantic to pass the message on to the right person. I will not go in details but in at least one instance crimes were averted.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Master
The stories of 911 remind me of Edgar Cayces story about not wanting to get into a lift because he saw that no one in the lift had an aura, and then the lift snapped a cable and everyone in it was killed. What I find amazing is that all this information could be known by all the souls involved in 911 and in the lift. Also similar stories about people who simply couldn't get on a particular flight that then crashed, as though their soul said they weren't in agreeance. So much order in our world is hard to believe with our small conscious view, and hard to remember and believe when some big accident or tragedy takes place.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Master
Hi SoulNinja - Welcome to the forum. I dreamed about the US Kansas City Bombing the night before it happened in keen detail. I also dreamed about Princess Diana's death the night before it happened as well. I tend to have precognitive information come to me outside of dreams. Does this happen for you? Such as I was at a bank the other day early in the morning and got a very strong urge to drive directly to the police department because something felt off, like someone was going to rob me. Later that day I drove by the bank just minutes after it actually was robbed! Police were surrounding the building and had the parking lot taped off. It hit me that I had an uneasy feeling earlier that morning.

911 was a horrific event that will be forever etched in people's brains. Sounds like you received precognitive information surely in your dream before the event.

Blackraven
Old 05-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Augadelume

I have dreams in which I just get glimpses of the future and it can be anywhere from the next day to months later I have no control over it and its just glimpses never a full on vision or premonition
Old 06-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Master
Like Rawnrr, I've had precognitive dreams about events that were going to affect me personally, both in pleasing and unpleasant ways. Sometimes friends of mine were included.

Can't remember any "big event" disclosures or foreknowledge.

But one thing I sometimes consider is that I've rarely (if ever) heard about a big-event vision or dream where the person who had it was able to prevent death or injury of the numerous persons who (it was implied) would be involved.