Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 22-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Seeker
I have a name

All my life I've had vivid dreams of myself almost living a whole other life, but it's not me as i am now. Right now I'm a 27 year old woman living in the middle of the US. In my dreams i'm an older man could range from 30s-50s. I have loads of kids, it's a different time, i'm living almost everywhere BUT the middle of the US, haha. My dreams seem to focus more in the areas of England, and Ireland. I've had so many dreams I don't know where to start. I have dreams where I die, which i had that dream every night for two whole weeks. (WHY? i wish i knew...)

Last night, someone said my name. I never knew my name in these dreams. If someone said it, it was almost like it was muted. But it was very clear in my dream last night. SO HERE WE GO! (as much as i can remember)

in my dream i was me (27 year old woman from US) went with my parents on a trip to Ireland. We ended up staying with a family there as something had happened with our reservations. Family was Man, Woman, and older kids like late teens possibly, and an older woman. From when i walked in the door i felt like i knew this older woman and it was almost like she felt the same way. But being me, i didn't say anything and was just awkward. During the trip I started to not feel myself, and this urge. Like, in my head i kept saying (you've got to go home, go home, just go home)

I had woken up one morning to come down to breakfast, and my mother said i must be tired from the midnight walk. I asked what she was talking about. She said I woke up around midnight and walked to a house (which i forget the name of but it had a name) i thought they were joking with me, but realised they weren't. I asked why no one stopped me. (don't remember if i got a response.)

The family we were staying with decided to take us to this house(same house i walked to during the night) later that day so we could walk around and take in the views, check it out i guess. When we got there, i felt like i completely changed.The older woman of the family followed me around asking me questions. She called me Robert.

I woke up, and i can't forget her face, i've seen her before.

i'd like to hear your takes on this dream. I can't get it out of my head.
Old 22-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Yaoughta

It seems to be guiding you to resolve a past life issue. It might be something as simple as you died at a younger age, perhaps in your 50's and left a wife and children behind to take care of themselves. How do you feel in these dreams when you have them? Do you feel a longing as if that is where you belong? A midnight stroll could represent your "dreaming self" in that through your dreams you're revisiting your previous life as Robert. Dreams in which you die usually represent change and transformation, but in this case, it could be that your previous self is stuck in this state or that this might have something to do with your life as Robert and your soul is working to resolve or heal this aspect.

Last edited by Yaoughta : 22-02-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 22-02-2018, 02:57 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoughta
How do you feel in these dreams when you have them? Do you feel a longing as if that is where you belong?

I would say that's pretty accurate as far as how I feel during the dreams. Not to take away from the happiness i've found in this life with my husband and child.
Old 23-02-2018, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
holly1213: I can't get it out of my head.
Electric Light Orchestra ~ Can't Get It Out Of My Head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrffDM3hHk8

^that song was from the album El Dorado, which had cover art from the Wizard of Oz (1939).
"But just the same, all I kept saying to everybody was, 'I want to go home.' And they sent me home" ~ Dorothy Gale

i'm just viewing your dreamtime experiences as a confirmation that you
are a 'multi-dimensional' being holly1213. you've likely lived many
distinct lives, both earthly and 'elsewhere'. the key takeaway may
involve the idea of you being pleased in your present incarnation,
and the other(s) you've had access to/recall of... that 'higher vibration'
of happiness may be what enables you to sense the connection.
Old 24-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly1213
All my life I've had vivid dreams of myself almost living a whole other life, but it's not me as i am now. Right now I'm a 27 year old woman living in the middle of the US. In my dreams i'm an older man could range from 30s-50s. I have loads of kids, it's a different time, i'm living almost everywhere BUT the middle of the US, haha. My dreams seem to focus more in the areas of England, and Ireland. I've had so many dreams I don't know where to start. I have dreams where I die, which i had that dream every night for two whole weeks. (WHY? i wish i knew...)

Last night, someone said my name. I never knew my name in these dreams. If someone said it, it was almost like it was muted. But it was very clear in my dream last night. SO HERE WE GO! (as much as i can remember)

in my dream i was me (27 year old woman from US) went with my parents on a trip to Ireland. We ended up staying with a family there as something had happened with our reservations. Family was Man, Woman, and older kids like late teens possibly, and an older woman. From when i walked in the door i felt like i knew this older woman and it was almost like she felt the same way. But being me, i didn't say anything and was just awkward. During the trip I started to not feel myself, and this urge. Like, in my head i kept saying (you've got to go home, go home, just go home)

I had woken up one morning to come down to breakfast, and my mother said i must be tired from the midnight walk. I asked what she was talking about. She said I woke up around midnight and walked to a house (which i forget the name of but it had a name) i thought they were joking with me, but realised they weren't. I asked why no one stopped me. (don't remember if i got a response.)

The family we were staying with decided to take us to this house(same house i walked to during the night) later that day so we could walk around and take in the views, check it out i guess. When we got there, i felt like i completely changed.The older woman of the family followed me around asking me questions. She called me Robert.

when i read your post here, several "dark ideas" spring to mind...
and i'm just not able to bring them into the light, and integrate them
into a 'wholesome' storyline. sorry.
for example, the 'older woman', who you've felt a recognition of/by --
she seems to be 'exploiting' you when your group explores that nearby
home. it's as if she's "using" you, to access that "Robert" character...
perhaps attempting to transform you into a channel for him...
which i find disturbing. :(

here's something more pleasant:
Jim Croce ~ I Got A Name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHVBzLGAIbU
Old 26-02-2018, 01:53 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly1213

Dreams: Your Magic Mirror by Elsie Sechrist
Dreams by Manly P Hall

the only 2 books on dreams which were of any real value ....... the rest are riddled with errors ~ you would benefit from them at this time.

The House you walk to at Midnight is not just a house ...... it is much more.

The "funny looks" you get when sharing a dream ....... are from "egoic fear" and reveal anothers Spiritual level of Consciousness or ....lack there-of ~
Another cannot give you an answer they do not have ....... but ego does try to give some stupid answer anyway, even if it is just a weird look to demonstrate it is in charge of the "person" you look upon.

Self Unfoldment By Disciplines Of Realization ( Manly P Hall ) , If the Wisdom of King Solomon ever returned to the Earth in a body of a man or woman .... it is Manly P Hall ~

The Edgar Cayce Companion by B. Ernest Frejer .......
Old 28-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E

i'm just viewing your dreamtime experiences as a confirmation that you
are a 'multi-dimensional' being holly1213. you've likely lived many
distinct lives, both earthly and 'elsewhere'. the key takeaway may
involve the idea of you being pleased in your present incarnation,
and the other(s) you've had access to/recall of... that 'higher vibration'
of happiness may be what enables you to sense the connection.

how weird is that. i just had to re-add that song to my playlist just the other day. the lyrics fit so perfectly for my dreams.

And I can't get it out of my head
No, I can't get it out of my head
Now my whole world is gone for dead
'Cause I can't get it out of my head

Breakdown on the shoreline
Can't move, it's an ebbtide
Morning, don't get here tonight
Searching for her silver light
Old 01-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Master
hey. look.
if i were to see you acting kinda weird, like sleepwalking,
heading out the door in the nighttime to go exploring:
i'd wanna raise a ruckus.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
hey. look.
if i were to see you acting kinda weird, like sleepwalking,
heading out the door in the nighttime to go exploring:
i'd wanna raise a ruckus.

as far as i know when i sleep walk (which is actually really rare) i've never left the house. i usually talk about something that makes no sense to anyone, ask where the kids are (even when i didn't have a son i asked 'where are the children?'), or look at someone like i've never seen them in my life. Just basic confusion i guess haha come on brain, what're you doing (probably laughing at me)