Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-10-2016, 02:12 AM
Master
NO ONE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CLAIM AS BUDDHIST TEACHER

Dear Sir ,
Perhaps 2500 years ago there was a great man said to be named as Mr Siddharta perhaps had a realization on the nature of human suffering and he tried to explain and share it to mankind ....

and SAID TO BE there was a quotation in formal Buddhism Text itself that before Mr Siddharta passed away , he was quoted saying that " LET MY TEACHING BE YOUR TEACHER "...together with another quotation SAID TO BE quote " BELIEVE NOTHING NO MATTER WHAT YOU HEAR OR READ , EVEN FROM MY OWN MOUTH UNLESS IT AGREE WITH YOUR OWN REASON AND COMMON SENSE" ......

With these message , is common sense his realization is just like an gossip , a rumors and just a mere information not even to be accepted as a guide for own exploration ....he never recorded saying " LET YOUR TEACHER TEACH MY TEACHING ".........but soon after his death and until today , there are millions of people with an ordinary mind , feeding on his information transforming into a knowledge , creating into various culture / traditions and even benefited from it........calling themselves to be a BUDDHIST TEACHER / MASTER with various title and recognition , even claiming to reach a high level of realization .....TEACHING Buddhism itself instead of being just a reporter......... .

Transforming perhaps the greatest discovery of mankind into a factor causing human to continue suffering of confusion for thousands of years and perhaps even thousands more to come .....and now their afford is supported by another group of in formal studies known as Buddhist Scholar.

Are You a Buddhist Teacher? WHAT IF You are part of this greatest misinterpretation of mankind ?

If Buddhist Organization hold on text that said to be Mr Siddharta words as referral , then NO ONE HAVE RIGHT TO TEACH BUDDHISM .....Mr Siddharta's explanation should be served as just a mere information for own exploration of own mind and now millions of people are taking advantage by teaching it ... they became the teacher instead of the "teaching" of Mr Siddharta .

Buddhism perhaps NEVER was a form of Knowledge …..In my current mind , realization is a natural process of awakening of mind not a form of knowledge …..realization is not a form of knowledge …..So HOW COULD YOU TEACH IF BUDDHISM IS NOT A FORM OF KNOWLEDGE ?.....and I am here challenging this mind therefore I am exploring these Buddhist Teacher and Buddhist Scholar's reason of teaching Buddhism.

I am considering to pursue this matter and to stop anyone calling themselves Buddhist Teacher. I am seeking help from anyone / organization that with the same mind to support this afford for the sake of the future world .My email is [email protected]
Sincerely
Ee Chuan Seng
Melaka , Malaysia.
Old 25-10-2016, 02:34 AM
Master
Hi there! Long time no see and I hope you've been well.

You know, I think I can see what you mean because Truth is simply just Truth and regardless of any schools or not, people can arrive at it through direct experience. I totally get it in those simplified terms.

Without getting into the various religious politics within the schools and traditions of Buddhism, I can also say that understanding basic principles as taught by others (whether you want to call them a teacher or not) or by books, or by personal direct experience can be beneficial. It certainly was beneficial to me.

It doesn't have to be so black and white. I wonder why you have such an agenda with people called "Buddhist teachers." Perhaps instead of thinking of the title of "teacher" you can see them, or anyone else/anything else for that matter, as simply serving as pointers to your own enlightened path.

Would it satisfy your sensibility if the the term "Buddhist Teacher" was removed and the people that share their understanding of Buddhist philosophy are called something else? How about simply "Buddhist Commentators?" (I can come up with a gazillion nifty titles if you are looking for more, hehe)

But in truth, aren't we all each other's teachers and pointers? For instance you are teaching me empathy, compassion, patience, and most of all not to be fixated on an idea or a label.

Blessed be. =)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 25-10-2016, 05:32 AM
Master
" BELIEVE NOTHING NO MATTER WHAT YOU HEAR OR READ , EVEN FROM MY OWN MOUTH UNLESS IT AGREE WITH YOUR OWN REASON AND COMMON SENSE" might be the greatest thing he ever said. It leaves anyone reading these words free to find their own truth, unrestricted by any religious thought or philosophy. I for one have found my own truth, and it isn't Buddhism.
Old 25-10-2016, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
.... If Buddhist Organization hold on text that said to be Mr Siddharta words as referral , then NO ONE HAVE RIGHT TO TEACH BUDDHISM .....Mr Siddharta's explanation should be served as just a mere information for own exploration of own mind and now millions of people are taking advantage by teaching it ... they became the teacher instead of the "teaching" of Mr Siddharta .

Buddhism perhaps NEVER was a form of Knowledge …..In my current mind , realization is a natural process of awakening of mind not a form of knowledge …..realization is not a form of knowledge …..So HOW COULD YOU TEACH IF BUDDHISM IS NOT A FORM OF KNOWLEDGE ?.....and I am here challenging this mind therefore I am exploring these Buddhist Teacher and Buddhist Scholar's reason of teaching Buddhism.

I am considering to pursue this matter and to stop anyone calling themselves Buddhist Teacher.
Do the ancient texts indicate who is authorized to speak on behalf of 'Mr. Siddharta' and to act as guardian of his legacy?

Why do you feel that you have the right to go after those spreading the word of Buddhism?
Old 25-10-2016, 06:32 AM
Master
Teachers of Buddhism.

For the good of the many, for the happiness of the many, out of compassion for the world, for the welfare, the good and the happiness of gods and men. Let no two of you go in the same direction. Teach the Dharma which is beautiful in the beginning, beautiful in the middle and beautiful at the end. Proclaim both the letter and the spirit of the holy life completely fulfilled and perfectly pure.[*N1*]

He also hoped that after his final Nirvana the teachings would continue to spread and he instructed his disciples, both ordained and lay, accordingly.

I shall not die until the monks, the nuns, the laymen and the laywomen have become deeply learned, wise and well-trained, remembering the teachings, proficient in the lesser and greater doctrines and virtuous; until, having learned the teachings themselves, they are able to tell it to others, teach it, make it known, establish it, open it up, explain it and make it clear; until they are able to refute false doctrines taught by others and are able to spread the convincing and liberating truth abroad. I shall not die until the holy life has become successful, prosperous, undespised and popular; until it has become well proclaimed among both gods and men.
Old 25-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Master
Just look around you ......and explore this "Buddhist Teacher"...is not for us , is for the future world ....
Old 25-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Just look around you ......and explore this "Buddhist Teacher"...is not for us , is for the future world ....

It might not be for you CSEe but it seems to work for millions or more around the world and that's their choice
Old 25-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Master
CSEe, what put the B in your bonnet over Buddhism, my friend?

You said, "Are You a Buddhist Teacher? WHAT IF You are part of this greatest misinterpretation of mankind ?"

What exactly is it about Buddhism that makes you say that? I'm wondering.

Old 25-10-2016, 04:56 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Perhaps 2500 years ago there was a great man said to be named as Mr Siddharta perhaps had a realization on the nature of human suffering and he tried to explain and share it to mankind ....

and SAID TO BE there was a quotation in formal Buddhism Text itself that before Mr Siddharta passed away , he was quoted saying that " LET MY TEACHING BE YOUR TEACHER "...together with another quotation SAID TO BE quote " BELIEVE NOTHING NO MATTER WHAT YOU HEAR OR READ , EVEN FROM MY OWN MOUTH UNLESS IT AGREE WITH YOUR OWN REASON AND COMMON SENSE" ......

Mr Siddharta's explanation should be served as just a mere information for own exploration of own mind...

Aren't you a Buddhist teacher? You are explaining what you feel Buddhism is in a Buddhism forum.
Old 25-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Dear Sir ,

With these message , is common sense his realization is just like an gossip , a rumors and just a mere information not even to be accepted as a guide for own exploration ....he never recorded saying " LET YOUR TEACHER TEACH MY TEACHING ".........but soon after his death and until today , there are millions of people with an ordinary mind , feeding on his information transforming into a knowledge , creating into various culture / traditions and even benefited from it........calling themselves to be a BUDDHIST TEACHER / MASTER with various title and recognition , even claiming to reach a high level of realization .....TEACHING Buddhism itself instead of being just a reporter......... .

Transforming perhaps the greatest discovery of mankind into a factor causing human to continue suffering of confusion for thousands of years and perhaps even thousands more to come .....and now their afford is supported by another group of in formal studies known as Buddhist Scholar.

Are You a Buddhist Teacher? WHAT IF You are part of this greatest misinterpretation of mankind ?

If Buddhist Organization hold on text that said to be Mr Siddharta words as referral , then NO ONE HAVE RIGHT TO TEACH BUDDHISM .....Mr Siddharta's explanation should be served as just a mere information for own exploration of own mind and now millions of people are taking advantage by teaching it ... they became the teacher instead of the "teaching" of Mr Siddharta .

I am considering to pursue this matter and to stop anyone calling themselves Buddhist Teacher. I am seeking help from anyone / organization that with the same mind to support this afford for the sake of the future world .My email is [email protected]
Sincerely
Ee Chuan Seng
Melaka , Malaysia.
I like people who know everything about Gautama Buddha's teaching and are willing to share it.

But what they say is very true:
Different folks, different strokes.

Truth is not the same for everyone.