Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 10-05-2013, 09:44 PM
bleepjk

Tumbled or Raw?

I was wondering which is more effective, tumbled or raw? I like to give friends and family pieces of rose quartz, I put good intention into each one and program an affirmation before giving it out. But yeah just wondering which style is more effective. Is it different for each stone? Does it even matter? Thanks guys!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleepjk
I was wondering which is more effective, tumbled or raw? I like to give friends and family pieces of rose quartz, I put good intention into each one and program an affirmation before giving it out. But yeah just wondering which style is more effective. Is it different for each stone? Does it even matter? Thanks guys!
That's a tough one, there's so many opinions on the subject it really comes down to preference. Rose quartz is rose quartz regardless of the finish. I prefer raw crystals, I think they have more beauty that way because it has not been enhanced by human hand and it holds it's true form. I love to look at them through a scope an look at the awesome details that would otherwise be lost with a polished crystals. Also, many crystals have unique etchings and shapes that are unique to the raw forms.
Old 14-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Pathfinder

Hello, Bleep!

Quote:
I was wondering which is more effective, tumbled or raw?

Is it different for each stone? Does it even matter? Thanks guys!

Hello, I am not an expert on stones, the post I saw a few years ago here was that cutting, polishing, etc. a stone changes its frequency of vibration.

Just a thought, you might want to look this up.

TT
Old 14-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Master
True Gem cut stones are very powerful and not used for crystal healing . I love raw more earthy and in their natural form .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 14-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:

I have read from many different books/sources that raw stones in their natural form are more powerful than tumbled stones. I have never found any explanation as to exactly why that is believed but it's what I have read. I think you should stick with what you prefer yourself. Your instincts will almost always pick the correct stone and form that works best for you. If I can get the raw version I almost always do. But on stones that are fragile or brittle in their raw version I will sometimes just get the tumbled version so I don't have to worry about damaging the stone as much as I would if it was raw. Stones are very personal and so raw might be more effective for one person but you might work better with tumbled. It's all about what works for you and not necessarily what works for others. Your natural intuition will tell you what form to choose.
Old 14-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Pathfinder

I'd prefer raw, but have access pretty much only to tumbled. My fiance, however, was able to find me raw amethyst for Christmas and put it in my stocking. It's my first and only raw stone. I don't think that tumbled should be discredited though because I believe it's all about the energy and intent and emotion you put into it when using them that makes a stone powerful or not.

Just my two cents worth.
Old 14-05-2013, 09:48 PM
sunshineofthesoul

I like working with tumbled stones as you can easily carry them with you, when you go somewhere. Plus because they are tumbled they are not easy to break if you accidently drop a stone.
Old 15-05-2013, 06:37 PM
bleepjk

Thanks for the answers guys :)