Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 14-12-2014, 09:25 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
Very cool! I would love to see this spread. It sounds really interesting.

I'm just waiting or feedback to see if it works then I'll post it. I'm quite excited
Old 15-12-2014, 01:32 AM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Hi Everly
I find it easier to do my own spreads as its easier to remember the card positions, as a tarot newbie (ish) I find having to keep referring back to something for a card position interrupts the flow.

Don't get me wrong I have every intention of eventually mastering the Celtic cross etc but i feel by just learning the cards and the way they flow, for me, is enough to for my old brain to contend with at the moment

Here's my unasked-for advice... Stick with your own spreads, and don't hesitate to use the cards intuitively rather than memorizing someone else's meanings. I teach my students to read intuitively, not by using whatever "traditional" meanings they stumble upon. And there are as many meanings as there are writers about tarot. One source says X about a certain card and another says Y.

(I've never found the Celtic Cross to be helpful at all, but I have a friend who uses only the Celtic Cross spread.)

Point is, go with your flow, not someone else's. And if you try to master someone else's spreads or meanings, it's about that person and not you. A reading comes from you, so just go with it and do it your own way.

If you're secure enough in yourself to create your own spreads -- and it's clear that you are! -- then you're good enough to follow your own thoughts, emotions and intuition regarding the meanings of the cards. Be flexible enough to allow the meanings to change, too.

Good luck and go get 'em! I have a strong sense that your skill is far better than you yet give yourself credit for.

Edited to add: The spread will work. They all work. It's all about you trusting yourself.
Old 15-12-2014, 03:19 AM
Pathfinder

As this spread was already tested on me, I can say that it works amazingly well. Go on, Pisces Moon! You've created something very special.
Thank you again.
Old 15-12-2014, 10:41 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
Here's my unasked-for advice... Stick with your own spreads, and don't hesitate to use the cards intuitively rather than memorizing someone else's meanings. I teach my students to read intuitively, not by using whatever "traditional" meanings they stumble upon. And there are as many meanings as there are writers about tarot. One source says X about a certain card and another says Y.

(I've never found the Celtic Cross to be helpful at all, but I have a friend who uses only the Celtic Cross spread.)

Point is, go with your flow, not someone else's. And if you try to master someone else's spreads or meanings, it's about that person and not you. A reading comes from you, so just go with it and do it your own way.

If you're secure enough in yourself to create your own spreads -- and it's clear that you are! -- then you're good enough to follow your own thoughts, emotions and intuition regarding the meanings of the cards. Be flexible enough to allow the meanings to change, too.

Good luck and go get 'em! I have a strong sense that your skill is far better than you yet give yourself credit for.

Edited to add: The spread will work. They all work. It's all about you trusting yourself.

Thanks Everly,
When I started with tarot I basically learned the keywords, joined some forums, invested in Tarot 101 by Kim Huggens and 21 ways to read a tarot card by Mary K Greer, then just went from there.
I have been warned that the CC is a nightmare waiting to happen but I do like a challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglaya
As this spread was already tested on me, I can say that it works amazingly well. Go on, Pisces Moon! You've created something very special.
Thank you again.

Thanks Aglaya
I'm pleased it made sense to you.
Old 15-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Everly

I don't think the Celtic Cross is particularly difficult. I think a lot of information about tarot deliberately creates a sort of mysterious, secretive difficulty around it. My bias is toward the simple and the positive. Don't let the ohh-this-is-hard folks affect you.

Barbara Moore is a good source for tarot. She writes for tarot creators and is able to reconcile meanings with the creator's vision. The result is grounded, sensible "instructions" that demystify while keeping the metaphysics of it all. See if one of her books grabs you.