Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 01-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Guide
How do I know if I astral projected?

There are times (mostly as a child) where I dreamed of flying over homes and towns. I have a sort of scary memory of flying in space around planets and feeling scared. How do I know if it was a dream or astral projecting? Is there any way to tell the difference?
Old 01-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Seeker

I'm not an expert but I have had one definite astral projection into the RTZ for about 1 minute or so but I think you would know if it was when you have one, I was told once if you are questioning whether or not you APed then you probably didn't but it may of been a lucid dream. I'm also not saying that you didn't, I'm just using my examples
Old 02-01-2012, 03:13 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bater
I'm not an expert but I have had one definite astral projection into the RTZ for about 1 minute or so but I think you would know if it was when you have one, I was told once if you are questioning whether or not you APed then you probably didn't but it may of been a lucid dream. I'm also not saying that you didn't, I'm just using my examples

Thanks! I was so young but I remember crashing down into my body and waking up. Seemed so realistic but it could have been vivid dreams. The space thing is like a nightmare. I don't remember dreaming it, but I have some weird memory of flying in space by planets and being afraid. It's scary to think about it now, gives me the creeps. But maybe it was a dream and I just don't remember.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Lauraye

Angel1

My first experience was when I was 8 years old, I remember looking down at myself before I crashed back into my body, this has happened many times as well as lucid dreaming. I just wonder why some people are gifted, I would love to learn more - if I can controll it!! Sorry for butting in to your post, I hope you don't mind.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraye
My first experience was when I was 8 years old, I remember looking down at myself before I crashed back into my body, this has happened many times as well as lucid dreaming. I just wonder why some people are gifted, I would love to learn more - if I can controll it!! Sorry for butting in to your post, I hope you don't mind.

No you didn't butt in at all! I love speaking to people on these topics. I love hearing what others have to say too. I have absolutely no friends other than traditional Christians who can not relate to me, nor do they want to, when it comes to anything spiritual.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Guide
Now I do remember dreaming as a child and as an adult, and being aware I was dreaming.

In one dream there was a brick wall about ten feet in length (funny how I remember this, I was probably only 7), and I was running around the wall in a circle being chased by a monster. At one point I knew I was dreaming, and I said to myself "I have to get out of this dream." So I stopped running and started banging my head into the wall to wake myself up. And when I woke up, I was banging my head into the wall.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Lauraye

Angel1

I enjoy finding people to talk to this about as I myself feel isolated when it comes to discussing spiritual well being! Anytime I can help just post!! I will be hear for you. When I was younger and now through my adult life, my dreams have been very real, not all of them can be good either!! 'Normal' dreams can symbolise things that are happening in my day to day life but the others feel as if it drains my energy- strange I can wake up tierd and sore - as if the traveling I do in my dream is very real on my physical body! Xx
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraye
I enjoy finding people to talk to this about as I myself feel isolated when it comes to discussing spiritual well being! Anytime I can help just post!! I will be hear for you. When I was younger and now through my adult life, my dreams have been very real, not all of them can be good either!! 'Normal' dreams can symbolise things that are happening in my day to day life but the others feel as if it drains my energy- strange I can wake up tierd and sore - as if the traveling I do in my dream is very real on my physical body! Xx

Awesome! And I can relate to some stuff you are talking about too. Oftentimes I will have soooo many dreams that I wake up tired, as if the dreams were keeping me up all night.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:08 AM
FlyingLight

It's not that easy, but practice remembering your dreams as soon as you waker up. Usually, after an AP or a LD memory of the experience vanishes very quickly so this little "exercise" will help you for sure :)
Old 08-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Master
I have so many dreams of me flying but I am not sure that is necessarily Astral Projection. I tend to only count conscious projections as OOBE's because with a dream it is just too hard to tell. Actually last night I had a dream I was flying up wards near huge sky scrapers and suddenly some Chinese looking man dressed in ancient looking religious clothing was flying upward parallel to me but he was in a meditative sitting position and I was flying like Superman.

I looked at him and said "Master!" he smiled and then for some reason I lost my voice and could not talk anymore. We were both flying up wards extremely fast and he came to wards me and I forced myself to wake up. Oddly enough this is the first dream I have turned Lucid and not had anything grabbing me in months. I forced myself to wake up cause I know these Astral hitch hikers are still around and figured it was probably one of them trying to get me to let my guard down.