Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 14-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Master
That is a BIG outlook Animus !

Here is one I don't think I have posted before. It's a glacial valley near where I will be Samhain Eve - lots of "doorways" . It's called High Cup Nick. Legend has it that the devil stamped his hoof there to leave the impression. To me, it is Gaia's Temple

Old 14-10-2011, 06:40 PM
iolite

We visited Salem on a trip up to Maine for a wedding more than 17 years ago. We visited Laurie's shop -- very small and kinda disappointing. Although I did find a really sweet book for my small niece (Fairy Wings). I wanted to visit the House of Seven Gables, but we simply ran out of time. We attended a showing of the Salem Witch Trials and visited the memorial to the victims, which I found very peaceful and sad. I'd love to visit Salem in October sometime. We went in late August or early September.
Old 20-10-2011, 01:56 AM
johnatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman

To me, it is Gaia's Temple

I found that so... smile worthy. I like how you made it your's and not what the legend was <3 you guys help me out so much
(Now I am intending on saving my money and not wasting it on tourism in Salem.)
Old 24-10-2011, 06:11 PM
LadyMoondancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatre
Okay, Basically. I am following Laurie Cabot's videos on youtube and I just think she is the cutest old woman ever! Her glasses... <3

But, I also see a TON of unnecessary negative comments and videos. My question for you all on this side of the fence is: Is she really a fake who wants your money or is she a genuinely good witch?

since we as Pagans (Neo- or traditional) and Wiccans or Witches, are trying to find acceptance in society, we need to get rid of stereotypical labels. Why is it necessary to point out she is "old" and label her as "cute."

And yes Laurie is the genu-wine article.

ps - "old" people are just like you, we just have lived a bit longer.
Old 24-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Master
"we just have lived a bit longer."

Better make that a lot longer in my case
Old 24-10-2011, 06:29 PM
LadyMoondancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"we just have lived a bit longer."

Better make that a lot longer in my case
rof****!

I do agree with the assessment of the commercialization of Witchy/New Age tour spots. They may be nice places to visit, to soak up the history, and perhaps experience some of the energy there - but you really should find your own "power spot." Which might be in your own backyard!
I live 20 miles south of Niagara Falls, which is a huge power spot, and one of the most commercialized places around!

well, this old crone - ick - I hate that word - I prefer "Queen" needs some more caffeine. Just waking up this afternoon after working a 12 hour overnight shift.
Old 24-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Master
Did I not explain the classifications in my "home" forum ?

D.O.C. - dizzy old crone
D.O.S. - dusty old sage.
Old 24-10-2011, 06:39 PM
LadyMoondancer

nope, I didn't see that - maybe I wasn't wearing my bi-focals - and well, yes, there are times I am dizzy.
but I'm still a Queen. Dizzy and nutty, but still a Queen!
Old 24-10-2011, 10:11 PM
dragon charms

Oh this is a funny thread! Thanks for the laughs!!!!

(signed)
DOCDC

hahaha
Old 25-10-2011, 08:49 PM
LadyMoondancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon charms
Oh this is a funny thread! Thanks for the laughs!!!!

(signed)
DOCDC

hahaha

yeah, we old farts and old hens have a sense of humor. just don't like being labeled by younglings. (love to johnatre, no bad feelings here).