Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 25-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Blooms Bright

lonely days...online covens?

Hi all, I have enjoyed reading many of your post and have learned some valuable information. Therefore, I would like to say THANK YOU for sharing. It is nice to have a positive platform to belong to.

I have been on a spiritual journey for well over a year now. If one was to ask, I would say that I practice a nature based religion. I am and have always been drawn to the earth. I embrace and welcome this connection.

I live in a beautiful, northern state. One could say I live " The Way Life Should be." However, it can be lonely at times. Being located in a remote and rural part of the country it is difficult to find others who are like minded.

So...my question is this... have any of you heard of an online coven or know if they even exsist? Although this would not be my first choice, I guess practicing alone all the time is losing its appeal.

Your advice would be welcomed and appreciated ~ Bright Blessings
Old 25-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Medium_Laura

They exist but can be extremely um... dictated. Be careful joining a coven when you can't actually meet the people. How about look more for Wiccan meet up groups in your area. www.meetup.com
Old 26-09-2011, 01:05 AM
Blooms Bright

Thanks for the info. I have to agree, I would prefer to know the individuals and create a bond naturally with time. And I'm not so sure that I would want to join a coven that would welcome me so quickly. Makes me wonder who else was joined so eagerly. So I will continue on exploring...
Old 26-09-2011, 01:11 AM
Medium_Laura

I have been Wiccan 30 years, no coven. I like that I can share my religion without being a part of a clique. Most covens are very demanding and some won't let you leave at all. Very cult like. Just be ware :)
Old 26-09-2011, 06:17 AM
mattie

Explore Various Options

Many on this site are in situations where, even if in populated areas, they aren’t in contact w/ others who share their views about spirituality.

A search engine for ‘wiccan + groups + online’ resulted in 785,000 hits.
http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

One can be as involved (or not) as one wants. Expect these sites to vary widely, just as all types of spiritual sites do. The Alexa site shows categories of sites & the internet ranking & how much activity these sites have & this can be useful.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/catego...ty/Pagan/Wicca

The top window, ‘Search Alexa’ gives various site rankings.
http://www.alexa.com/
Old 26-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Master
This, more than anything, demonstrates the divide between British and American wicca. The most common model in Britain is solitary with some "working groups", the coven in the true sense is in decline. Wicca never caught on in Britain to the extent it did in America mostly because Traditional Witchcraft still thrives. The major distinction between the two countries is culture and heritage. America was founded as a christian country, while Britain is/was pagan for thousands of years. Christianity has only ever been a thin skin here and, in the Anglican General Synod, it was predicted that the Anglican community will cease to be viable within 20 years. I am a Global Mod in a pagan/wiccan forum and, to the best of my knowledge, no-one is a coven member although some were HPS's at one time. Wicca is a word not often used, it is more usual to call yourself "witch".

A thing I don't understand is the purpose of an online coven. I can visualise an online working group but not a coven. Perhaps someone can enlighten me .
I looked in the Alexa site. A good find for the US, Mattie.
One thing about the site that causes amusement is the "Traditional British" thing. I have fought many an online battle over that but now I just let it go.

Almost forgot. Blooms Bright, check http://www.Witchvox.com for what you seek in your area
Old 28-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Kristine

theres facebook wicca friends thats safe.
sorry, let me check on that as one was really bad though it had many people