Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 11-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Very interesting question matt. I tend to agree with Ravenstar's post (above) when saying that it seems cosmically orchestrated and that it gives you what you need. This has been my experience and it's just so wonderful. Also with Xan that when your consciousness is awakened there is an alignment with interconnectedness to everything.

Matt, I also have this weird word "synchronicity" happening often to me. What frequently occurs is that I'm reading and listening to the radio when an unusual word (not currently in the media) will be heard the split second that I am reading it. Sometimes 2 rare words together! It always stops me in my tracks and feels otherworldly/magical BUT I don't understand it, e.g. if it's supposed to be telling me something. What the words say never seem to directly resonate with me (i.e. hold a meaning) and synchronicity is supposed to be about causally unrelated things coinciding in a meaningful manner. It feels like synchronicity in as much that the degree of probability of reading and hearing such odd words together (the very same second) seem highly unlikely. Feedback anyone?
If there is a cosmic orchestration can you imagine the logistical difficulties? One would also have to assume that the free will would often have to negated.
The second part of your post provides a clue to what is happening, you detect synchronicity's because you are primed and sensitized towards certain events.
Let's not forget that anybody else who may notice the exact same event as you do there is probably no notion of synchronicity. For them it is just a thing happening.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:42 PM
amy green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
If there is a cosmic orchestration can you imagine the logistical difficulties? One would also have to assume that the free will would often have to negated.
The second part of your post provides a clue to what is happening, you detect synchronicity's because you are primed and sensitized towards certain events.
Let's not forget that anybody else who may notice the exact same event as you do there is probably no notion of synchronicity. For them it is just a thing happening.

Hmmm logistical difficulties - are you trying to appraise what cosmic consciousness can/can't do? I would have thought such dynamics are well within the scope of something all-encompassing, wouldn't you? Also, why does it have to be all or nothing re. freewill? There is scope for both to co-exist. Can you provide further clarification to show how this cannot be so.

Re. the word synchronicity. No, I'm never primed when this occurs. When I'm reading and listening to the radio, I'm not thinking "hey, wonder if I'll get synched here!". Do you not find it somewhat beyond the laws of probability that I should be reading an unusual word and hear the same word the exact split second? Does this not strike you as more than a little bit weird/odd! It always takes me by surprise. I'd put it down to coincidence if it wasn't so unlikely. The meaning of this escapes me - it happens so often now - just put it down to the cosmos reminding me how magical life can be! Unless you know otherwise?...
Old 31-03-2012, 06:20 PM
awakenflame

I define it as life is in sync with life. It means that you are connected and aligned with yourself when perceiving synchronicity in your life.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:54 PM
HopefulNessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenstar
Hi Matt,

To add another piece to your ongoing puzzle, a synchronicity is a chance encounter that usually seems to be cosmically orchestrasted. Synchronicities seem to come together at a certain time giving us exactly what we need....there is a flow around us...things just seem to happen, showing us there is something much greater at work here that cannot be logically explained. Sometimes it can be felt as an intuitive flash or it can slowly evolve over a period of time.

Sometimes we can have a very emotional dream which helps us gain insight into something and we actively act upon it. Another type of sychronicity is when a symbol of some kind, a song, a word, a phrase gives us insight into a personal problem or situtation.

Thank you for this definition!! I have always called this serendipity but perhaps that was not the best way to put it. I had so many things sync up on 3/29/12 that I felt this huge sense of serendipity and divine intervention perfectly describe by your definition.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattParkman
What causes if anything synchronistic events?
I have between 10 and 50 synchronistic events directly related to my current conscious thought daily. For instance sometimes a word will be synchronized with a word in my thought stream from the backround music I'm not paying attention to. Does anyone think there is a cause or is it luck or random. I think there is a cause.

My synchronistic events are signs/adcs from spirit, from my loved ones on the Otherside of the veil......I get so many that I don't bother keeping track of them anymore as they are part of my daily life, as my loved ones still are also.........
Old 11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
Interesting question. Very chicken and egg-esque. Is it that i am in tune for the synchronicities to happen and notice them, that they happen? Or would they happen regardless and inevitably? Law of attraction?

I like that line in a song that goes, "Follow me and i will come to you."

Or also seek and you shall find. I find my synchronicities come in waves, or go in cycles. Sometimes it will be constant and big ones, other times less so. Is it just a natural way that they come and go? Or is it dependent upon me aligning myself in order to receive them?

Are there certain things that are destined to happen? Where does our freedom of choice cross such a line, and how much power do we really have? Similar questions. Where do choice and destiny meet?

I haven't read any responses yet, but scrolling up now i see some of the ones above seem to address such questions. The Celestine Prophecy has an interesting take on it. Raise your energy vibration basically. Speaking of 'cause', Carl Jung who coined the term synchronicity called it 'an acausal connecting principle.' I guess it has to do with time too. Timing, may be more accurate. As it is sometimes a case of,

"and then, just at that very moment.."

as you probably know, raising your vibration is one of the best ways to connect with spirit, and if they lower their vibration also, then you have "communication"......
Old 11-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Master
i have been experiencing alot more synchronistic events/words etc, as of late, particularly when i come here. as to their cause i'm not sure, perhaps people trigger it...certain psychic "abilities" have also been more prominent too, so maybe it's concurrent with that.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 11-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:

Hmmm logistical difficulties - are you trying to appraise what cosmic consciousness can/can't do? I would have thought such dynamics are well within the scope of something all-encompassing, wouldn't you? Also, why does it have to be all or nothing re. freewill? There is scope for both to co-exist. Can you provide further clarification to show how this cannot be so.

Re. the word synchronicity. No, I'm never primed when this occurs. When I'm reading and listening to the radio, I'm not thinking "hey, wonder if I'll get synched here!". Do you not find it somewhat beyond the laws of probability that I should be reading an unusual word and hear the same word the exact split second? Does this not strike you as more than a little bit weird/odd! It always takes me by surprise. I'd put it down to coincidence if it wasn't so unlikely. The meaning of this escapes me - it happens so often now - just put it down to the cosmos reminding me how magical life can be! Unless you know otherwise?...

I don't believe in coincidence.....there "is" a reason that this is happening....do you keep a list of the words? spirit is either trying to send you a message, "or" they just want you to know that they--perhaps a desceased family member -- is alive and well.......a "hello from heaven".......
Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Rin

Quote:

Events occur on the material level and manipulating that would require logistics and would have to resolve conflicts of interest. My explanation is simple and does not even require cosmic consciousness getting involved.
Old 19-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Experiencer

In my experience, when i think about someone quite strongly each day i see them everywhere i go and when i do theres synchronicity. There is a strong feeling of connection in close contact, makes me feel uneasy sometimes.
Other day i thought of this person and later on i was in this shop, day dreaming in to nothing and this thought popped up and saying turn around there gona walk in, i turned around and what you know, they walked in. But the energy so was so high, we bot felt that connection, i ran.
Same as any thoughts, what ever i think, it gets thrown out to the universe and it comes back down with synchronicity