Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 25-04-2017, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*

//There is a radiance that remains undimmed through all moments of light and darkness; the One within, the end of all light and all darkness
. || 1

Sutra 1
Fifteen Verses on Awakening (Bodha-pañcadaśikā)

Abhinivagupta
(Kashmir Shaivism saint)

Interesting, did you read the rest of it?

Quote:
Fifteen (15) verses of Wisdom

1. The brilliance of the One Being's light does not vanish in external light or in darkness because all light and darkness resides in the supreme light of God Consciousness.

2. This Being is called Lord Siva. He is the nature and existence of all beings. The external objective world is the expansion of His Energy and it is filled with the glamour of the glory of God Consciousness.

3. Siva and Sakti are not aware that they are separate. They are interconnected just as fire is one with heat.

4. He is the God Bhairava. He creates, protects, destroys, conceals, and reveals His nature through the cycle of this world. This whole universe is created by God in His own nature, just as one finds the reflection of the world in a mirror.

5. The collective state of the universe is His supreme Energy (Sakti), which He created in order to recognize His own nature. This (Sakti), who is the embodiment of the collective state of the universe, loves possessing the state of God Consciousness. She is in the state of ignorance, remaining perfectly complete and full in each and every object.

6. The supreme Lord Siva, who is all-pervasive and fond of playing and falling, together with the Energy of His own nature simultaneously brings about the varieties of creation and destruction.

7. This supreme action cannot be accomplished by any other power in this universe except Lord 'Siva, who is completely independent, perfectly glorious and intelligent.

8. The limited state of consciousness is insentient and cannot simultaneously expand itself to become the various forms of the universe. The possessor of independence is absolutely different from that insentient state of consciousness. You cannot, therefore, recognize Him in only one way. The moment you recognize Him in one way you will also recognize Him in the other way.

9. This Lord Siva, who is completely independent (svatantra), has the diversity of creation and destruction existing in His own nature. And, at the same time, this diversity is found existing in its own way as the field of ignorance.

10. In this world you will find varieties of creation and destruction, some of which are created in the upper cycle, some of which are created below, and some of which are even created sideways. Attached to these worlds smaller portions of worlds are created. Pain, pleasure, and intellectual power are created according to the status of being. This is the world.

11. If you do not understand that there is actually no span of time, this misunderstanding is also the independence (svatantrya) of Lord Siva. This misunderstanding results in worldly existence (samsara). And those who are ignorant are terrified by worldly existence.

12. & 13. When, because the grace of Lord Siva is showered upon you, or due to the teachings or vibrating force of your Master, or through understanding the scriptures concerned with Supreme Siva, you attain the real knowledge of reality, that is the existent state of Lord Siva, and that is final liberation. This fullness is achieved by elevated souls and is called liberation in this life (jivanmukti).

14. These two cycles, bondage and liberation, are the play of Lord Siva and nothing else. They are not separate from Lord Siva because differentiated states have not risen at all. In reality, nothing has happened to Lord Siva.

15. In this way the Lord, Bhairava, the essence of all being, has held in His own way in His own nature, the three great energies: the energy of will (iccha-sakti), the energy of action (kriya-sakti), and the energy of knowledge (jnana-sakti). These three energies are just like that trident which is the three-fold lotus. And seated on this lotus is Lord Bhairava, who is the nature of the whole universe of 118 worlds.

16. I, Abhinavagupta, have written and revealed these verses for some of my dear disciples who have very little intellectual understanding. For those disciples, who are deeply devoted to me, I have composed these fifteen verses just to elevate them instantaneously.

http://reluctant-messenger.com/15verses.htm

Also, from a Buddhist perspective.

False-imagination teaches that such things as light and shade, long and short, black and white are different and are to be discriminated; but they are not independent of each other; they are only different aspects of the same thing, they are terms of relation and not of reality. Conditions of existence are not of a mutually exclusive character; in essence things are not two but one. Even Nirvana and Samsára’s world of life and death are aspects of the same thing, for there is no Nirvana except where is Samsára, and no Samsára except where is Nirvana. All duality is falsely imagined.

http://buddhasutra.com/files/lankavatara_sutra.htm
Old 25-04-2017, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
There is no dark and light.

Yin/yang is male and female, Shiva and Shakti.

Each path talks about them uniting. In Buddhism that is Yab Yum, in Christianity that is entering the Bridal Chamber, in Hindusim it is the union of Shakti and Shiva.

If you believe in a light and a dark then you are still caught up in duality..

More think of it as a sliding scale along a spectrum but in the end, there is only light.

It's also not about seeing them but being.

Yin is female Yang is male btw.
Old 25-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yin is female Yang is male btw.

I really wasn't worried about it. I was just writing about male and female stuff.

More do you understand that they are not separate but truly one?

That to realize oneness one must realize both sides? That they are one and the same?
Old 25-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:
I really wasn't worried about it. I was just writing about male and female stuff.

More do you understand that they are not separate but truly one?

That to realize oneness one must realize both sides? That they are one and the same?

Yes I thought you would say that

Yin/Yang are not separate that's why I said there cannot be light without dark.

Just a little reminder,
Yin is dark, Feminine,
Yang is light, Masculine.
Yin is Earth.
Yang is Heaven.
Old 25-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*

//There is a radiance that remains undimmed through all moments of light and darkness; the One within, the end of all light and all darkness
. || 1

Sutra 1
Fifteen Verses on Awakening (Bodha-pañcadaśikā)

Abhinivagupta
(Kashmir Shaivism saint)

Lovely .... thanks.
Old 25-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes I thought you would say that

Yin/Yang are not separate that's why I said there cannot be light without dark.

Just a little reminder,
Yin is dark, Feminine,
Yang is light, Masculine.
Yin is Earth.
Yang is Heaven.

Dig a little deeper..

Also you didn't answer my question.. What is the One that emerges from the Dao?

Quote:
Duality is found in many belief systems, but Yin and Yang are parts of a Oneness that is also equated with the Tao. A term has been coined dualistic-monism or dialectical monism. Yin and yang can be thought of as complementary (rather than opposing) forces that interact to form a dynamic system in which the whole is greater than the assembled parts.[2] Everything has both yin and yang aspects (for instance, shadow cannot exist without light). Either of the two major aspects may manifest more strongly in a particular object, depending on the criterion of the observation. The yin yang (i.e. taijitu symbol) shows a balance between two opposites with a portion of the opposite element in each section.

In Taoist metaphysics, distinctions between good and bad, along with other dichotomous moral judgments, are perceptual, not real; so, the duality of yin and yang is an indivisible whole. In the ethics of Confucianism on the other hand, most notably in the philosophy of Dong Zhongshu (c. 2nd century BC), a moral dimension is attached to the idea of yin and yang.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang

Or:

Quote:
Principle #2. Oneness — A Holistic View

In that he saw the unity, he was of God;
in that he saw distinctions, he was of man.
— Chuang Tzu

Taoism is a philosophical and religious system built on a holistic view of reality. It unifies all existence with principles that cut across both the seen and unseen dimensions. Its famous yin/yang symbol represents universal oneness with black and white colors rotating in a circle. This iconic image represents the duality of all phenomena — whether summer and winter, male and female, or life and death — as opposing manifestations of the same principle and not to be viewed as independent. Such an appreciation of Oneness is central to understanding Lao Tzu's poetry and is fundamental to his philosophy.

http://www.tao.org/tao.html

Hope this helps.
Old 25-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Dig a little deeper..

Also you didn't answer my question.. What is the One that emerges from the Dao?

Or:

Hope this helps.

One Father Xmas, or two or three. Lol.
Old 25-04-2017, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
One Father Xmas, or two or three. Lol.

As a Qigong teacher I would hope that you would actually add value to the conversation.

If you can't which your posts indicate then please stay out of the thread.
Old 25-04-2017, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
As a Qigong teacher I would hope that you would actually add value to the conversation.

If you can't which your posts indicate then please stay out of the thread.

I did add value, I pointed out that Yin is Female not Masculine like you stated, I also pointed out that Yin/Yang is not just light as you stated.
If I can help you more just shout

I can teach you all about Qigong if you would like, wu wei, wu chi, taichi, yin/yang etc:
Old 25-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
I did add value, I pointed out that Yin is Female not Masculine like you stated, I also pointed out that Yin/Yang is not just light as you stated.
If I can help you more just shout

I can teach you all about Qigong if you would like, wu wei, wu chi, taichi, yin/yang etc:

No you didn't point out yin/yang was not light... You gave a basic view which I then showed if one digs deeper that it is about unity, not separation and that all things are light..

I also didn't mix up yin and yang.. just writing.. thank you

But seriously.. if you can't add value, as running and I have already noticed.. I will ask you to leave and report you to the mods..