Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
prettypolly

How to cleanse cards

Hi all

I am getting my first set of angel cards shortly and wondered how you cleanse them? I am going to be sleeping with them under my pillow for a week but just wondering how you cleanse them?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Quagmire

Without knowing anything at all I suggest either do it with your mind (just imagine them get cleansed) or maybe some holy water (works pretty well on vampires on tv )?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Deactivated Account

prettypolly,

There is a book in with your card deck, which tells you what to do before your use your cards for the first time. There could be other ways that people have of cleansing their cards... which hopefully someone will have a specific answer for you.

Just curious, why are you going to be sleeping with your cards under your pillow ? I have never heard of that before

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Just curious, why are you going to be sleeping with your cards under your pillow ? I have never heard of that before

I would guess it is to become one with the cards energy (or something like that).
Old 01-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Deactivated Account

thanks Bjoorka, I have heard of sleeping with crystals under the pillow for a variety of reasons... you could be right.

Expect Miracles !

Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Quagmire

I have a theory that this applies to everything because your mind is more open when you sleep and therefore your energy patterns have an easier time to interact. You can say if it is a healing crystal then you invite some of that healing energy to be part of your own energy. I also think that this is true if two persons sleep body to body. You kind of gets more aligned... once I thought up the concept of sleepdating in my head because I though speed dating was kind of stupid (and shallow).
Old 01-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Interesting on the sleep and energy patterns interacting idea, I have heard that with the healing crystals and healing energy. Thanks for the reminder on that.

Expect Miracles !

Old 01-02-2012, 09:01 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings PrettyPolly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypolly
Hi all

I am getting my first set of angel cards shortly and wondered how you cleanse them? I am going to be sleeping with them under my pillow for a week but just wondering how you cleanse them?

Thanks

Sleeping w/ them under your pillow is a very good way to infuse your Cards w/ your personal energy.

If it is a new Deck--then there is no need to cleanse them (right away). If the Deck is used--then you should Sage the Cards (individually). I like Holy Female Sage (aka SweetGrass)--but Male Sage is more common and works just as well.

Good luck w/ your new Deck!

Peace and Love on your path to discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...
Old 02-02-2012, 06:07 PM
prettypolly

Hi everyone

Sorry for my very late replies on this! My booklet says to cleanse them under moon light so that is what I am doing tonight :-)
I am going to sleep with them under my pillow yes and like Bjoorka and everyone else said it is so I feel one with the cards and sleep is a good way to infuse my energy into the cards.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Master
some people 'knock' with closed hand, on set three times in between readings...