Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-04-2016, 01:19 AM
Ascender
What is the difference between a regular dream and astral projection?

Hi, I know very little about astral projection. Whats the difference between dreams and astral projection? I feel one can astral project through dreams and meditation and that often our dreams are actual astral projections, how does one differentiate between the two?
Old 27-04-2016, 04:35 AM
Ascender
Actually on second thought what is the difference between a dream, a lucid dream and astral projection???
Old 29-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraTherase
Actually on second thought what is the difference between a dream, a lucid dream and astral projection???

Hi SaraTherase, a dream is where your consciousness (AKA soul) is asleep and remains in the body, but you explore different realities.

A lucid dream is where your consciousness is awake (aware that it is dreaming) but remains in the body while you explore different realities.

An astral projection is where your consciousness is awake (aware) and leaves the body while you explore different realities.

A good analogy for the three is as such: dreaming is where you explore your home. Lucid dreaming is where you videotape exploring your home. Astral projection is where you videotape exploring areas outside your home.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 29-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

i have lucid dreamed thousands of times, i been lucid dreaming naturally since child hood.all i can do is offer my educated opinion.

i believe that when you dream, you are acually out of your body and that you are in the astral, your just not self aware.when ever you imagine something or think of anything, they are manifested in the astral, example, of you imagine a white room with no doors, you really create that room, it just exist in the astral.experienced projectors can visit the room in the astral that you imagined if you allow it.if you dive deeper into projection, you will come across a bunch of stories about how sometimes you will run into a sleeping human while projecting.everyone says the same thing about them " they act like they are drunk"
also, have you ever dozed off and then jolted yourself awake?you feel that sensation like your falling.well, i think that falling sensation is acually what you feel when your body falls asleep while your conscience leaves your body.this indicates that when you go to sleep, you are really leaving your body.

now a lucid dream is when you are dreaming, then suddenly relized that you are dreaming, there for you take control of your dream.i believe that dreaming, lucid dreaming and projection all involve you leaving your body and going into the astral.if you want to, i believe you can decide to project str8 from a lucid dream if you wish to do so.

i believe projection is when you consciencly leave your body.you still travel to the place that dreams exist, the astral, you just did it while fully aware of yourself.
Old 29-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hi SaraTherase, a dream is where your consciousness (AKA soul) is asleep and remains in the body, but you explore different realities.

A lucid dream is where your consciousness is awake (aware that it is dreaming) but remains in the body while you explore different realities.

An astral projection is where your consciousness is awake (aware) and leaves the body while you explore different realities.

What makes you think consciousness remains inside the body during dreams and lucid dreams? How can one explore other realities if their consciousness is confined to a physical location? What's the difference between the dynamics of exploring realities "in the body" and "out of the body?"

To the OP, in my experience, it seems all three may be the same experience at the core- consciousness is having experiences in nonphysical realities- the only difference being the quality of one's consciousness.

Low quality consciousness: dreams- one is unable to recognize the dream, is "lost" in the dream per say.

Medium quality consciousness: lucid dreams- one is aware enough to recognize the dream state and perhaps direct one's activities within it, but the dream scenario continues; one is unable to get out of the dream "story;" the subconsciousness is still influencing the experience.

High quality consciousness: astral projection- the subconsciousness is not fabricating a dream scenario, or if attained from a dream or lucid dream, one transcends the dream story, experiencing the astral dimensions free from subconscious manifestations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
i believe you can decide to project str8 from a lucid dream if you wish to do so.

This is correct, and can be done in two ways that I know of- one, the lucid dream is transcended simply by raising one's level of consciousness, and two- the person momentarily finds oneself back in the body with full projection symptoms and projects like a standard astral projection. It's simply a matter of intention as to which of the two occurs. I personally prefer the former.
Old 30-04-2016, 12:38 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
What makes you think consciousness remains inside the body during dreams and lucid dreams? How can one explore other realities if their consciousness is confined to a physical location? What's the difference between the dynamics of exploring realities "in the body" and "out of the body?"

To the OP, in my experience, it seems all three may be the same experience at the core- consciousness is having experiences in nonphysical realities- the only difference being the quality of one's consciousness.

Low quality consciousness: dreams- one is unable to recognize the dream, is "lost" in the dream per say.

Medium quality consciousness: lucid dreams- one is aware enough to recognize the dream state and perhaps direct one's activities within it, but the dream scenario continues; one is unable to get out of the dream "story;" the subconsciousness is still influencing the experience.

High quality consciousness: astral projection- the subconsciousness is not fabricating a dream scenario, or if attained from a dream or lucid dream, one transcends the dream story, experiencing the astral dimensions free from subconscious manifestations.

This is correct, and can be done in two ways that I know of- one, the lucid dream is transcended simply by raising one's level of consciousness, and two- the person momentarily finds oneself back in the body with full projection symptoms and projects like a standard astral projection. It's simply a matter of intention as to which of the two occurs. I personally prefer the former.

i agree, i dont see any reason why your conscincness remains in your body as you sleep, maybe im missing something, but i have never experinced anything that implies that you stay inside your body while dreaming.
Old 30-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Hi, I know very little about astral projection. Whats the difference between dreams and astral projection? I feel one can astral project through dreams and meditation and that often our dreams are actual astral projections, how does one differentiate between the two?

A dream is a unconscious astral projection while a astral projection is where you are consciously awake while having a astral projection
Old 30-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralbeing17
A dream is a unconscious astral projection

How do you know this?
Old 30-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Seeker

Because your consciousness leaves your body every night when you are asleep and returns too the 4th dimension for the night that's the same dimension where you astral travel the only difference between a dream and astral traveling is your unconscious when you dream that's why you can hardly remember a dream while astral traveling is what your consciously aware
Old 30-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralbeing17
Because your consciousness leaves your body every night when you are asleep and returns too the 4th dimension for the night

How do you know this?