Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Nesz

Ex Pentacostal/Holiness minister

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to be a new member to this forum. Not sure if most of you know Astrology goes against a lot of Christian/Theological teachings. Astrology is considered Pagan and abominable. After getting a near perfect Natal chart reading, which depicted my life up to the moment, I realize: I JUST CAN'T IGNORE IT, "Astrological tendencies".
This came after ten plus years of preaching, teaching, and singing the Gospel. In those years I kept finding so many inconsistencies involved with theological teachings, (which is taught as "Thee ONLY Truth" pertaining to our Universe) I had no other choice but to conclude: I JUST CAN'T IGNORE IT, Theological inconsistencies.

Learning more about my constitutional make-up through Astrology has given me the tools and inspiration to take on my own lil universe and improve my life, spirit, and soul...I just hope more people would take the time to see if an astrological assessment can help improve their lives as well.

Thank you for listening, and letting me be a part of your world. I look forward to many productive discussions in the future.

[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000]S. L. Nesbit Jr.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:08 PM
kundalini

Hi Nesz and welcome to the forums. I did not know that astrology clashed with Christian/Theological teachings but it does not surprise me in the least as it's scientific counterpart, Astronomy, also clashed with Christianity back in the Renaissance Period, when the Christian Church were adamant that the Earth was at the centre of the Solar System. Of course, our Sun, Sol, is.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and I hope that you find something that you are looking for here!

Kundalini.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:13 PM
tiltjlp

Glad to hear you "saw the light" and escaped. And since you have a background in being a minister, just a friendly reminder that Preaching isn't permitted. You might want to glance at our Ezpanded Forum Rules. I once joined a Penecostal church in an effort to impress and get closer to a women I worked with. Of course it didn't work.

John
Old 05-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Lapis

Nesz,

Welcome to SF. I've been involved with Astrology (Natal mainly) for 30 years now. Guess why the Wise Men knew somethin' was up? That strange new Star moving across the heavens told them things were changing and they knew it wasn't supposed to be there. So many of these ancient Arts/Sciences were considered dangerous but not for the reasons we were told. If everyone had access to the Arts/Sciences or "Occult" knowledge such as astrology, everyone would learn to think for themselves and become self empowered.

I hope to see you posting some on the Astrology forums soon.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:41 PM
SpiritWarrior

good on you

Hi Nesz,
Its really nice that you have followed your Heart and questioned the teachings and the ways that you were once used to, good on you for being true to yourself.
May you find what you are looking for
SpiritWarrior
Closed Thread