Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-01-2015, 03:40 PM
pljames

If we are a spirit having a human expierence.

The question is why? If Adam and Eve was always spiritual why did God create them human? I can understand why humans are human, to learn the difference of good and bad. Cannot the angels know the difference between good and bad as well without becoming human? Curious Paul
Old 31-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Ivy

I tend to read genesis as metaphoric wisdom, rather than being literal.

First separation was light and dark, land and sea etc (the oppositions), through evolution, humans developed a sense of self - so whereas, dark and light are simply being, we are conscious of being, we are able to think about our own existence.
Old 31-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Guide
Strictly from biblical reference, Angels obviously can distinguish between good and evil, or there would have been no "fallen angels" who obviously made some poor choices along the way.
But likely the goal of human was not to distinguish between the two, as such there was still a need for their creation.

But that is just from a biblical perspective...my own personal views on the subject of creation are much different
Old 31-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
I tend to read genesis as metaphoric wisdom, rather than being literal.

First separation was light and dark, land and sea etc (the oppositions), through evolution, humans developed a sense of self - so whereas, dark and light are simply being, we are conscious of being, we are able to think about our own existence.

All animals are conscious of being, we humans have enough brain development to be able to ponder it, and think about it.
Old 31-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljames
The question is why? If Adam and Eve was always spiritual why did God create them human? I can understand why humans are human, to learn the difference of good and bad. Cannot the angels know the difference between good and bad as well without becoming human? Curious Paul

Apparently not even God was able to control good and bad if that intention was to create perfection. The plan went astray. Our view of God is God is all good, not a smidgen of bad, therefore can God know anything but good having no knowledge. Is there lack of this insight that allows all the forms of creation to have a flaw, they themselves must overcome. Yes, it can be overcome.

Remember the movie the Matrix, the intuitive program says, all's I know is man and machine must work together. We must learn. Man and machine I saw represented opposites, good and evil, and neither saw themselves as bad. Both only saw from the perspective of good.

In my view, God cannot comprehend evil. That's my theory. I think both God and Devil are going to have to give up their respective position or should fight it out among themselves and leave us out of it.

I also take it to mean you are saying Adam and Eve where created as described in human form and not a result of evolution. As you noted, Adam and Eve were not put on earth to learn the difference of good and bad. Quite simply what God wanted seems to have failed.

If evolution has a role then you have your answer understand animals are spiritual to. I have a question for pljames. What if humans find life out in the universe. Can anyone accept God makes mistakes, I can. It may require one to say what they don't want to say. I still don't know what illusion is.
Old 31-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
All animals are conscious of being, we humans have enough brain development to be able to ponder it, and think about it.

Yes, I believe they are. But I feel that it is this self-consciousness that genesis is speaking of when it speaks of Adam and Eve.
Old 31-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
It's not that we are spirit living a human experience. We are an exact duplicate of something much bigger than us, but on a smaller scale.
It's like circles within circles. It's just the way life is.
That's my experience anyway. You can look at the stars and learn about yourself and you can look at yourself and learn about stars.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 01-02-2015, 02:04 AM
Master
Quote:
The question is why? If Adam and Eve was always spiritual why did God create them human?
You have confused Their spirit with their physical form. They weren't created human, humans were created so their spirits would have something to incarnate into.