Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-01-2015, 03:52 PM
pljames

God talks to me.

God talks to me through my emotions. I sense his presence. It's a wonderful sense. The reason I use the word sense is it's a different feeling than the (word feeling). My whole body and spirit knows he's there (without doubt). If you wish, it's like a (gut feeling) and you really cannot explain it in words. Thoughts please. Curious Paul
Old 28-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Guide

He? Emotions? I believe emotions are person/ego related. As far as i know god talks trough spirit but signs as well usually. God is everywhere and allways so if u feel that, great.
Old 28-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Molearner

[quote=pljames]God talks to me through my emotions. I sense his presence. It's a wonderful sense.

pljames,

Yes, absolutely. God speaks to us and for us....all of us.....through emotions. Consider the spontaneous nature of tears......we do not will them or use our intellect to make them arise suddenly. These tears can come from an experience of love, joy, admiration, etc. They are like a sudden jolt of grace. The tears come because we are suddenly humbled....wondering how we can deserve any experience such as this. Being humbled is a recognition of God.......recognizing that He is great and that we are small. If we attempt to control these tears we are denying the face of God to others...that is a program of the ego. Therefore we have the experience of crying freely when we are alone because there is no danger of showing what others might perceive of as being weakness. But when we are in the presence of others we try to control ourselves indicating we are too proud to be humbled. The kind of tears that I have speaking of are called tears of abundance.
Tears that are generated by such things as sorrow are called tears of deprivation. They can also be a sign of God if they are an admission that we need something from a higher source. They are a plea for the presence of God. I hope this helps in some way to continue to trust your emotions as you have indicated.
Old 28-01-2015, 10:48 PM
pljames

Emotions.

Molearner,
No one has ever shown me how to control my emotions. I want to believe God gave us them to tell us we are doing something wrong. These new emotions or sensations are wonderful to me and makes me emotional in a great sense or feeling. I also feel blessed (totally). I feel as a newborn child with the experiences of a seventy-two-year-old man. My faith is growing. But I know Satan has his eye on me and he will try to destroy that faith. But it is written, "Love thy God with all thy heart mind and soul, and in doing that you are obeying the law".

With that said, Satan is defeated. Thoughts, please. Curious Paul
Old 29-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljames
Molearner,
No one has ever shown me how to control my emotions. I want to believe God gave us them to tell us we are doing something wrong. These new emotions or sensations are wonderful to me and makes me emotional in a great sense or feeling. I also feel blessed (totally). I feel as a newborn child with the experiences of a seventy-two-year-old man. My faith is growing. But I know Satan has his eye on me and he will try to destroy that faith. But it is written, "Love thy God with all thy heart mind and soul, and in doing that you are obeying the law".

With that said, Satan is defeated. Thoughts, please. Curious Paul

pljames,

God is also giving us emotions to tell us that we are doing something right......the tears of abundance that I spoke of. God is letting us know that He recognizes our affirmation, acceptance and recognition of Him. As far as Satan goes.........read again the temptations of Jesus in the wilderness. Satan would only give his best temptations to Christ and this should let us know that these are the same temptations that we will encounter. You have to go beyond the literal wording of those temptations and understand how they apply to each one of us. You also have to understand how Jesus met these temptations. We are to use those same methods. Do not get hung up on the law...that can become overwhelming and impossible to follow. Instead remember the 2 great commandments that Jesus spoke of.