Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-07-2011, 07:16 AM
K.O.

Higher self and lower self?

When it comes to things that are called spiritual things definitely vary in peoples accounts of things and even descriptions of things... One thing I have encountered in this forum is "higher self" and "lower self"... Now, the "higher self" I am not new to, but the "lower self" I am not sure of (not sure of what "higher self" is referred to in this forum either...).

Someone who would like to try and express what they are? The difference between them? Because I am not sure how people in this forum use the words.
Old 13-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Eudaimonist

I'd like to know this too. I suspect, though, that different things are meant by different people.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 13-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Master
"higher" and "lower" are value judgements. i don't find my primate based self to be "lower" than my spiritually intellectual self. they're part and parcel of a whole. i love my little primate self ... she's an innocent savage with finely tuned instincts. she's all about survival which translates nicely into my spiritual intellectual self who also wants to survive but in a way different than my little savage.
Old 13-07-2011, 02:54 PM
SerpentQueen

I never really got it either - thought it was a silly new age term. But then I asked Source. I will share what I was shown. Your mileage may vary.

First, read this article, as it pretty much articulates what I was shown:
http://www.realitysandwich.com/lost_marble

Higher self is the marble. The marble is the only thing missing in the reflection. It is what they mean when they talk about the Observer.

Except there's more...

Consider that all the information of what happens in a black hole, or inside a universe, is contained on the outside surface. That is where the higher self resides - on the surface. Like the marble. If you understand the concepts of dimensions - in the scientific sense, that is - eternal Observer that is your higher self is formless because it resides in a different dimension. But like in Plato's Allegory of the Cave, it is the shadow... we, here, (if you want to call it "lower self", okay)... are merely the 3D holographic display cast by the shadow. The higher self lives in a dimension that is outside of time itself.

And there's more yet...

I was shown that I share a higher self with one other, the person I call my twin flame. We are like... forever entangled quantum particles. Together, we are creating this reality we are experiencing as 3D. It's like a lover's game played out over an eternity, by two immortal, bored beings. And this creates the Trinity - the two of us forever embraced on the outside of the marble, as the marble itself is the top of the triangle; we (in 3D, flesh and blood, the entangled quantum particles) are the two other points in the triangle.

As I said, your mileage may vary. Take what resonates, and forget the rest.
Old 13-07-2011, 06:45 PM
K.O.

Alright, thanks for the answers :)

The concept "higher self" or my "total self" or my "Being"... I have intellectually understood as... Hmm... Say that my total self is a body... Then my consciousness is a small body part of this total self, this Being... And that I can incarnate higher parts of this Being inside myself and eventually become one with this Being...

But at the same time I guess you could say that I am already one with it in some sense... It is just words really, so it's not that I truly understand it... But perhaps you could say "I am not one with my Being, but still I am one with it" (since it's me)... So there's a difference in the meaning of the expressions, but the expressions turn out to consist of the same words...

Although this incarnation, as I have understood, is something that few have gone through...

Anyway, this topic is perhaps meaningless since it mostly consists of words with little understanding from my part... This "higher self" people use completely differently perhaps... So anyway, thanks for the replies :)
Old 13-07-2011, 08:16 PM
thunderseed

The term lower self does not really resonate with me.

We are spiritual light existing in matter, when we (souls of light) are incarnated into human shells, we now exist physically and spiritually. We, on earth, have the splendid chance to learn to balance matter with light, and both literally and figuratively speaking, bring heaven to earth.

Therefore when we begin to view our basic human instincts as "wrong" it is damaging to the spiritual process. We came to earth to enjoy human senses, there is nothing wrong with that, we have the ability to feel physically, to spread love, we have the tools (our shells) to do this. Our general purpose is to bring the higher frequencies to mesh with the physical plane, in 3d existence. I think, when people are referring to the human analytical ego side as "lower" it is damaging because there is no acceptance and balance existing in the two. It is important at the same time to realize the human side of ego, can be destructive without the activation of light, but it must be accepted, and loved.
There is no such thing as dark, as dark is light.
Fear is the only negative thing which exists, and it is what manifests, yet fear is part of the human side and always will be, it has to be accepted. The polar opposite of fear, is love. The human journey into love and light is an important one. We have much potential, and have amazing roles here.
Old 13-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Dawn

First off just let me say 'whoa'. Like one of those huge as, epiphany type of 'whoa' moments.

I've actually had to take a couple of minutes to regain my composure or else I would've started crying (which can happen when I have one of these big spiritual moments, where it's just "right").

As of late I've actually been tangling with this particular subject. Especially when writing around here. For lack of a better way to say it, plain ol' physical me would start writing a reply or asking a question, then spirit me / soul me / my higher self (whatever you want to call it) would kick in, take over, and write whatever was most needed to answer my, or someone else's question. Mind you, I'm not use to that feeling, like physical me's consciousness would take a back seat and this new calmer, older, wiser, tranquil consciousness would descend on me, take the driver's seat (as if the body is a car, and my consciousness or soul is the driver) for a few minutes.

It annoyed me a few weeks back when I was writing out something and commented about spirit me / soul me / higher me, and someone replied 'there is no 'other you' there is only 'you'. It really irritated me because, yes, I'll admit now that it does 'feel' like me, but I've been in this body, in this realm, with this consciousness for almost 30 years now. I know how I feel, think, behave, and act. This older, wiser, calmer presense isn't me.
However, after reading the whole 'marble' story, (by the way mucho Thanks SerpentQueen! ~*hugs*~) it's like 'DING!!!' Kind of makes me want to smack my palm against my forehead and go 'how in the world could I have ever forgotten about this?!'. It's like forgetting yourself, who you are, what you are, why you're here. But, on the other side of it, I get it. I understand why.

I guess I still need some more time and interactions with my 'higher self', as it were, before things just slide into place, to be comfortable, for me to truly be 'me' again, despite this body and this physical world I'm currently a part of. I keep on bouncing between the consciousness of 'me' that's been in this life, in this body, for 29 years, and the consciousness of the 'real me'.

If nothing else, I'll say this much. At least I'm finally 'waking up'.
Old 13-07-2011, 11:48 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.
When it comes to things that are called spiritual things definitely vary in peoples accounts of things and even descriptions of things... One thing I have encountered in this forum is "higher self" and "lower self"... Now, the "higher self" I am not new to, but the "lower self" I am not sure of (not sure of what "higher self" is referred to in this forum either...).

Someone who would like to try and express what they are? The difference between them? Because I am not sure how people in this forum use the words.

In my understanding, the term "Higher Self" simply refers to that part of a person that is consciously connected to the God-force... i.e., that which gives it life and vitality! I don't adhere to "lower self"... that's a pajarative term. I would say human self or finite self... the part of us that expresses in the confines of flesh here in 3-D expression with all the limitations it implies.
Old 14-07-2011, 04:31 AM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
However, after reading the whole 'marble' story, (by the way mucho Thanks SerpentQueen! ~*hugs*~) it's like 'DING!!!'

Awesome! Glad to know I'm not the only one in the insanity/totally sane bin.
Old 14-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Eudaimonist

SerpentQueen, I understood none of what you said. Do you think you could try explaining it in a different way?

eudaimonia,

Mark