Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 04-01-2019, 11:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This makes sense. Conversely, if something of major importance happens in your life then have a look at the transits for that day and see if there are any significant influences.

For example, my mother died unexpectedly some years ago, and when I later checked my chart for that day I found that Saturn was on my natal Pluto in the 8th house.

Peace.
Obviously I have only scratched the surface of Astrology, so I am on a bit of a shaky ground here.
It has also been awhile since I had major transits involving Pluto.

But as I remember them, my ‘outer’ life circumstances became pressure cooker intense – bringing about ‘crises-of-consciousness’ (within my psychological country). My life had became like a movie, where through ‘external circumstances’ I was shown contrasting extremes.

So on one hand – the intense experience of a loss iamthat & facing our own old age and mortality, but then on the other hand the empowering and energizing vision of - ???

Old 05-01-2019, 03:20 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
I'll try to be brief but there is so much.

1. First there are two kinds of astrology. Most commonly we are concerned with the astrology of the personality. This is matter of birth time conditioning. What does this mean? When we breath we do more than draw in air. We also breath in "energies". The physical body is a part of the ethereal. The physical breathes air. The ethereal breathes those energies which are present in the moment. So... When a baby takes it's first breath of air it also takes it's first "breath" of ambient energies. This is why the birth time is so necessary. Is a particular planet in line of sight *above the horizon?) with the new baby at the time of birth? This is why it matters. There is much more to it but this will suffice here.

An interesting side note here which, if we consider properly, will serve to confirm what we say is the curious idea of certain human behaviors peaking at the time of the full moon. This is because the moon's energy is very low in the spectrum. It is also because of the fact that the moon is illuminated by light from the sun but also by that which is reflected back from the Earth. This has the effect of strengthening a lower band of Earth ambient energies. In line of sight sensitives or others who are susceptible in this range will react. This effect is no more than a small example of the way astrological study is valid.

2. The less well known astrology is that of the soul. This is virtually unknown except for only a few on Earth. This is nothing to do with the personality. It tells the story of the soul in this lifetime specifically. There are differences in the way the chart is constructed. These are substantially so. It is also true that the constellations are read differently for a soul chart than for a personality chart. The two are quite different.

The birth time is essential for a good chart for reasons stated above. The true astrologer will not be content with just drawing a chart and interpreting it. This effort is best and most useful when combined with the predictions for the life in question. It is possible, indeed it was once a common requirement, that the fortune of the new baby be told so that during the early years proper preparation could be made.

It is also interesting to note here the mechanism by which a human being is connected to the Earth. Each of us has seven principal chakras. We really have 49 in total counting the minors. These are wheels of energy but a better description is to say they are connectors. Now consider the Earth as a whole. The Earth is constructed in much the same way that each of us is. The Earth has 49 concentric shells ranging from hard physical to above the highest mental planes and into the divine too. Of these seven are principal just like our bodies. Now know that each of these Earth planes has a chakra too. Now consider this. Each of our bodily chakras is connected the the corresponding subtle plane chakra of the planet. This is the reason that we are often so very attuned to others in the world. When we say "we are one" it is much more than just a slogan. But regarding astrology these interconnected conduits play important roles. It is through these that large groups of people on Earth tend to behave in similar ways. Now one last consideration. A man or a woman has an astrological chart (destiny). So do large groups of people. Nations are defined in part by astrology. Races are likewise. Even religions are included. The oneness of the planet and all who ride upon her cannot be overstated. These topics are for the advanced student though. It is OK to mention such things here because a glimpse of the larger helps us to understand, to visualize what is really going on in the world.

Those who study the words of various prophets will find correlation in this. Prophets are in tune with the same energetic patterns as are astrologers. It is all tied together.

Lastly when a chart is drawn up, be it exoteric or esoteric, it is the intuitive interpretation which tells the tale. When selecting an astrologer consider this element. The astrologer is both a technician and a psychic. Make your selection with care.

Do Christians accept astrology? The three kings from the east were advised by astrologers that it was the time. The star they followed was a metaphor for certain heavenly signs which answered a very old prediction. They undertook a long journey because they knew from old prophesy that the Christ had been born. They saw in the heavens the long awaited conjunction and knew it was time. By the way The Christ is not an invention of Christian scripture. "Christ" in Greek is "anointed one". In the religions which were ancient when Judaism was born there were references to a certain "World Teacher" that had from time to time come to the Earth. The Christ of the Bible was another advent of this great soul. I'm getting off track a bit I guess.....

I tend to wander a bit because there are so many things that really are tied together forming a coherency unsuspected. The big picture is best.

This response is not a good one but hopefully it reveals a few things that make the topic one of interest.

Thank you for this kind response
Old 06-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Suspended

Because they don't understand it.
Old 15-01-2019, 05:23 AM
Master
the "Relegious" few believe anything that is not associated with their beliefs or in their text book is considered "Witch Craft" "Devil Worshipping " ect. It's okay if people don't believe in Astrology , or Crystal Healing and Auras & Chakras ect. I for one have a interest in it and want to learn more . everything can't be considered Taboo when usually it was taken out of context and changed overtime.
Old 15-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Knower
There are no 'random' events in this universe I think.

One of the most fascinating and cool stuff I know is the number 108, the
holy number in both hinduism and also in Buddhism. This number have some scientific meanings which literally is surrounding us in a real way.
The Sun and the Moon....

Watch these video's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8kc9W4i57U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AxmZ_mqDPc

Quote:
Ancient Vedic texts dealing with cosmology also say that distance between Earth and Sun is 108 times the diameter of the Sun and distance between Earth and Moon is 108 times the diameter of the moon. Diameter of Sun is 108 times that of earth.

What are the odds !?

In astrology the duality pair of SUN and MOON is very important. One call
them the "two Lights"

http://www.ancientpages.com/2017/06/...ands-of-years/
Quote:
In Indian culture, number 108 has a very special significance. The Sanskrit language has 54 letters, both representing the two genders and they are also called Shiva (masculine) and Shakti (feminine) respectively; whe nwe multiply 54 by 2 (genders), the product is 108.

The default number of repetitions of mantras in yoga and buddhism is 108.
The japa mala's (beads) is 108 that lay people and monks are wearing.

Quote:
The largest stupa in Kathmandu, Nepal known as Bodnath Stupa is decorated with 108 images of Buddha

Yes this is also reflected in temples of varied kinds...often threre is 108 steps up in the steps leading to temples..or 1008 and so on....

Quote:
The sum of the numbers 108 gives a total of 9. By multiplying each number by 9 and summing the result, according to the indicated scheme, we get 9!

9 x 2 = 18 (1 + 8 = 9)
36 x 9 = 324 (3 + 2 + 4 = 9)
285 x 9 = 2565 (2 + 5 + 6 + 5 = 18 = 1 + 8 = 9)

Some mathematics or numerology stuff.....

In Vedic astrology
the zodiac is divided into 108 parts and is very important in the Navamsha chart, that always is read along with the birthchart....

https://shrifreedom.org/yoga/importance-of-108/
Quote:
here are 12 rasi (sun signs) of 30 degrees each in the zodiac. These rasi are connected to the Adityas (12 Sun gods) and the rasi are said to give the results of the Sun. The Sun is karaka (significator) for the 1st and the houses 9th houses. When you take each rasi and divide it into nine amsas (divisions) it creates the Navamsa (9th divisional chart). 30 degrees divided by nine gives 9 signs of 3 degrees and 20 minutes each. With each of the 12 signs containing 9 amsas there is 108 amsas. This Navamsa shows the inherent qualities of the soul, a native’s dharma (purpose), bhagya (luck), and one’s spouse. The Navamsa is the 108 sign chart held in high esteem in Vedic astrology and a Vedic astrologer doesn’t read a birth chart without the navamsa sitting next to it.

Reading the above link one is blown away with the yogic references to the SUN Purusha (soul) and prakriti (it's reflection) in yoga scriptures. Which is mirrored in the fact that the sun and moon is exactly equal when seen from the earth. As related in the videos above....

We live in a very symbolic realm here on earth where astrology have it's symbolic role to play in the drama....

Last edited by Bindu* : 15-01-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Old 15-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Knower
The shri yantra

Quote:
"Sri Yantra: On the Sri Yantra there are marmas where three lines intersect, and there are 54 such intersections. Each intersection has masculine and feminine, Shiva and shakti qualities. 54 times 2 equals 108. Thus, there are 108 points that define the Sri Yantra as well as the human body. The angle formed by two adjacent lines in a pentagon equals 108 degrees. Pentagon: The angle formed by two adjacent lines in a pentagon equals 108 degrees

The shri Yantra is the physical symbol for the universal mantra OM.

If one chants the mantra OM into a device that do convert sound into physical pictures the mantra OM appears.....

https://www.thewayofmeditation.com.a...aling-mandala/
"When “Om,” the Hindu primordial sound of creation, is intoned into a tonoscope it forms in the substance the Sri Yantra,1 the visual representation of the Om chant and the vibration behind the cosmos itself, the “sound” of the aetheric medium or “fabric” of space"
Old 15-01-2019, 04:32 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
There are no 'random' events in this universe I think.

One of the most fascinating and cool stuff I know is the number 108, the
holy number in both hinduism and also in Buddhism. This number have some scientific meanings which literally is surrounding us in a real way.
The Sun and the Moon....

Watch these video's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8kc9W4i57U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AxmZ_mqDPc

What are the odds !?

In astrology the duality pair of SUN and MOON is very important. One call
them the "two Lights"

http://www.ancientpages.com/2017/06/...ands-of-years/

The default number of repetitions of mantras in yoga and buddhism is 108.
The japa mala's (beads) is 108 that lay people and monks are wearing.

Yes this is also reflected in temples of varied kinds...often threre is 108 steps up in the steps leading to temples..or 1008 and so on....

Some mathematics or numerology stuff.....

In
the zodiac is divided into 108 parts and is very important in the Navamsha chart, that always is read along with the birthchart....

https://shrifreedom.org/yoga/importance-of-108/

Reading the above link one is blown away with the yogic references to the SUN Purusha (soul) and prakriti (it's reflection) in yoga scriptures. Which is mirrored in the fact that the sun and moon is exactly equal when seen from the earth. As related in the videos above....

We live in a very symbolic realm here on earth where astrology have it's symbolic role to play in the drama....

Interesting...
Old 16-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Because they are scared of it, because if astrology is true, then that means that someone put all those forms and drawings in the sky on purpose.
Old 16-01-2019, 02:29 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit3
Because they are scared of it, because if astrology is true, then that means that someone put all those forms and drawings in the sky on purpose.

We humans learn habits when young that stay with us all out lives. We generally are taught that spirituality is available only through religions so we readily accept such things as Jesus appearing in a bright light to the Apostles three days or so after his death. We don't think anything of it. We accept and believe it without question. If Jesus had openly taught astrology then Christians today would teach and accept it. Same with Jews if Moses had come from the mountain with astrological laws from God. Same with Muslims had Muhammad been told about astrology by Gabriel. The critic will say that had astrology been true that it would have been taught but I think that it was deemed necessary to present to the people sets of beliefs, doctrines, that were easy to understand only requiring obedience. Astrology is too scientific. It requires real effort to understand. It is far too complex to be commonly taught. Still there are hints of astrological functions in religions. For instance the three Persian Kings were notified by astrologers who had been watching the heavens for who knows how long for the sign of the "redeemer". "Christ" is from old Greek meaning "anointed one". The esoteric title for Christ is "World Teacher". It is this great entity that was prophesied. It was this "teacher" that the astrologers of the east "Persia" had been watching for. There had been a prophesy of the time and place of the birth. The travellers did not watch a star in the sky to lead them literally as in navigation. They knew where they were going. The bright star was a conjunction of several. The Persian astrologers saw it and that's how it happened. Much later some men told the story making it sound like some kings saw the star but omitted the astrologers who saw the star before the kings did. So now we find spiritual elements accepted in Christian and Muslim lore because they are given as being fact while the science of astrology behind the fact was forgotten or omitted.

We know about astrology now. It has been with the Earth ever since the off worlders began teaching Earth humans a very long time ago. It is interesting to note that it was these "aliens" who began the tradition of temples in the ancient world. Temples were not originally for the worship of gods. The original purpose was that they were teaching centers for the people. Off world humans (humans from other star systems) operated these in order to teach the basics of civilization to those humans which had been installed in the Earth by them through genetic manipulation using different evolutionary Earth models as the basis during long ages past. One of the sciences they taught was astrology. The reason? Astrology informs us about how the universal subtle (spiritual) forces (energies) are distributed in the physical universe. It was then and always has been a philosophical discipline. In the temples they taught a simplified form of astrology. This was in two forms. First was the science which served to educate the people regarding seasons of the Earth so that various activities could be better coordinated. Second was the form of astrology which was to do with temporal prophesy. This was that which became the astrology of personality which is still used today. They did not teach any higher forms of astrology. This was far beyond the needs of the time. But as we look around the world today we see ancient sites that were all constructed so that seasonal indexes of the Earth's rotation can be discovered. etc etc.... this aspect was given to Earth men by the elders who had taught so long ago. So... as we look around the ancient world we find temples and other sites. Both were to do with the study and practical use of astrology. It's all very simple if only we had knowledge of our true history.

Interesting to note that those old temples were used in this way for tens of thousands of years, in differing periods of the Earth but when the off worlders decided to leave they taught Earth adepts to serve in their places. But after they left the Earth men slowly modified the purpose of the temples from learning/teaching to worship of those who had been there but then left (gods). This is how the idea of priesthood began. Those who were supposed to carry on teaching anointed themselves priests and the benevolent alien humans became "gods". This is the way that religions began on Earth. We've been worshipping God ever since but astrology has moved to the sidelines. It's all to do with we humans being creatures of habit.
Old 16-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Master
Some things to consider...

One, astrology is mostly associated with horoscopes and belief in this relies much on selectivity. Descriptions are vague and many people could relate. Stuff like ''You have a current dilemma at work'' or ''You are at a crossroads..'' Well most people do if they read that.. in some way! The prediction is in the eye of the beholder. And this is not in the slightest manner comparable to genuine synchronicities, significant events in dreams, meditation etc. where you can be gob-smacked by what has occurred. I take issues with sun signs myself.

Two, society changed. Many societies have become very agnostic/atheistic, thanks to religious dominance that has led to allergic reaction in people, as well as obsession with rationality and materialism. In some ways this is a reaction of the former, but it's also a consequence of focussing so hard on material observation and obsession.

Third, churches have tried to destroy astrology or at least ridicule it and place it within the box of 'superstition'. They team up with science when they can, just like in the 17th century where the early Enlightenment thinkers were mostly Christians! Much of our western science context is rather similar in ways to Christianity. For instance, we are supposed to believe in a beginning and an end, of the universe and of life..

If society as a whole is not open enough to spirituality, then astrology will be among the 'victims'.
Astrology is also an easy target because it is at the surface not very mystical.