Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 07-11-2011, 02:50 AM
Great people are often irritated and abrupt with people ---Jesus, Mother Theresa, St. Theresa of Avila, me....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Master
I've never been very impressed with her. My mom used to watch her on Montel Williams. I would view out of curiousity on occasion and then found a couple of her books in the cheap sale bins. I read one, it was interesting for a bit, but then seemed to get more outlandish as though she watched a Jetson (cartoon) marathon and got her ideas from that.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
LuvChild

I've enjoyed many of the books I've read by her, some were too boring to finish though, but the ones that I did really helped me look at my life a lot differently. However, after reading through the many comments here that are not exactly pro-Sylvia Browne, I don't feel this is the right place for me to discuss her now.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvChild
I've enjoyed many of the books I've read by her, some were too boring to finish though, but the ones that I did really helped me look at my life a lot differently. However, after reading through the many comments here that are not exactly pro-Sylvia Browne, I don't feel this is the right place for me to discuss her now.
Well, I'm pro- Sylvia. Learning to ignore others is an art.
Esp, when you are the appreciative one.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Master
I have not read any of her books, though i have heard of her before. The one time i heard her was on Coast to Coast, it was George Noory and he was talking about some mining disaster. George asked her if the 13th miner was alive or dead (the other 12 had died) and she said he had died.

Then later after a break George got breaking news that the 13th miner had survived and was alive. So ok, no big deal, psychic's aren't always right, to be sure.

The thing that really got me and threw me off though was when George asked her again about it, and she completely denied that she said what she did, even George Noory was kind of taken aback by this. Just the way that whole exchange and situation played out gave me a weird sense, didn't get the greatest vibe from her, maybe that is not being fair, but i listen closely to all coast to coast guests and consider myself to have a decent intuition and judgment of character, of course i am probably not perfect, and that's just my opinion. I know that is a small sample size from which to judge a person, but i have no further use for her after that. Not to say she might not have her positives, but there are too many other authors, people out there for me to be bothered much further with her than that.

I don't mean to upset any of her supporters or anything, haven't read any of her books as mentioned so i am not qualified in that sense to comment, but i always remember that Coast to Coast show with her. Wonder if someone could dig up that interview from the archives somewhere. It was a few years ago now. Think the mining disaster was in the U.S. also if memory serves correctly.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:03 PM
coolchic101

I have never invested in a reading with Sylvia Browne because it is not within my budget range. However, I did read many of her books and I found them to be insightful. I think many people give up their power to psychics and then they get disappointed when they hear what they do not want to hear or if the psychic was "off" or "wrong". Then they disparage the psychic giving them a bad name. Readings should only be for entertainment purposes. Even the best psychics in the world can be wrong because they are only human. Before I read others, I will tell them that it's for entertainment only, I do not guarantee my accuracy and readings should not take the place of going to a health care professional, counselor, or therapist.
Old 13-06-2012, 07:23 AM
primrose

I was fortunate enough to meet a true psychic. he only charged $10. this was a few years age. I took all my friends to see him, all were amazed. He used tarot cards but said they were only a tool. He had no particular time limit and as two of us at a time were there he would actually give us both information.I've gone off topic since this is about Sylvia Browne, all I can say is she does'nt come close.
Old 13-06-2012, 09:04 AM
spiritualized

I don't like her - read one of her books & thought it was awful. A lot of fear mongering as well.