Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 05-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Master
Thanks.

The basis of awareness is the cognition of the object of awareness, thought, and without that object there's no awareness, for the emptiness of mind is one thought....

Is it too ridiculous to suggest we are thought alone? 'A' thought alone?

Is that what it means to say There Is No Self? That self is a thought; the primary awareness of an object?

Is it just too fanciful to suggest that in the absence of a thought there is nothing?

Is it ludicrious to say there is only thought and there is nothing except thought?

Last edited by Gem : 05-12-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Master
Gem... I agree that most books on sacred geometry don't give a sense of real meaning which comes not only from the physical structures but from the kind of intuitive knowing that gets stimulated by contemplating the ratios, spirals and interacting forms.

However, one I found clarifying is: "Sacred Geometry: Philosophy & Practice", by Robert Lawlor. It works not from the buildings and monuments and trying to discern their meaning by tracing backward which most writers do, but from the ratios themselves... such as the Golden Mean... and tracing forward to how man has used them.

You've hinted that you know more about this than you've said. I'd love to hear more specifically what... if there is more, in addition to inspiring harmony and balance in the observer.

Xan

Old 19-12-2010, 06:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Gem... I agree that most books on sacred geometry don't give a sense of real meaning which comes not only from the physical structures but from the kind of intuitive knowing that gets stimulated by contemplating the ratios, spirals and interacting forms.

However, one I found clarifying is: "Sacred Geometry: Philosophy & Practice", by Robert Lawlor. It works not from the buildings and monuments and trying to discern their meaning by tracing backward which most writers do, but from the ratios themselves... such as the Golden Mean... and tracing forward to how man has used them.

It is the way of men to start here in 3d context and work backwards... but inspiration begins unconsciously and rises into form, so the real foundation of geometry is within what is formless... and work forwards into formation.

Quote:
You've hinted that you know more about this than you've said. I'd love to hear more specifically what... if there is more, in addition to inspiring harmony and balance in the observer.
Quote:

Xan

People can see that geometry follows very exacting and unbreakable rules, but perhaps do not see the place where one's mind has no imagery...

The meditation practice shows how a relationship exists as a 'betweeness'... and the mind makes a distinction, but still can not differentiate... leaving no modular elements of location... because 'between' is not a location and since differentiation is not made, there are no 'ends' to be defined.
Old 22-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Master
Our minds cognize form and at the most basic level geometry is the study of the minds ability to formalize perception, and look, life is of our minds perception and the natural world is intrinsically beautiful, which reflects very highly upon us.
Old 22-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Master
Gem: People can see that geometry follows very exacting and unbreakable rules, but perhaps do not see the place where one's mind has no imagery...

Yes... the place of formlessness from which pure geometry arose, and all other forms from that.

Xan

Old 22-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Gem: People can see that geometry follows very exacting and unbreakable rules, but perhaps do not see the place where one's mind has no imagery...

Yes... the place of formlessness from which pure geometry arose, and all other forms from that.

Xan

Great, that's what I'm talking about. I purposely refrained from using points and shapes and what not because the fundamental of 'sacred ratios' is to be understood beyond our modular constructs... thanks Xan... I appreciate the insight.
Old 23-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Master
And if I may, I will move ahead and begin the actual geometric expression which stems from nothing and bring about the manifestation of form.

The sceptics are the most welcome readers, I love sceptics.

Debunkers can't benefit, because they refute it prior to explanation.

No-one has to believe anything... it's pure geometric structure, so it either works or it doesn't.

It has to be explained first.... what empty space is consistant of, because it has dimension, hence is consistant.

but... I'm going out to dinner in a tic... so I'll get back to you
Old 07-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Master
The geometry occurs spontaneously as vivid imagery in the mind.

In the first place the act of perception creates a primal balance which I call the betweeness, and this occurs to the mind as empty space, and in geometry it is the blank page.

There is a constant in this betweeness, because it isn't exactly one space nor is it really two things, but there is a symetry to it primal to the balance which interdefines the formal things which appear in it, or in this case on the blank page.

Betweeness is the comparison of duals and when the perception is made two states occur and we might consider this as space has both expansion and depth, which universally equates to our experience.

So... geometrically the empty page is a dual manifest and inner and outer spaciousness is self similar being the same betweeness, this is where 2=1 so just throw all numeric conceptions out your left ear, because this isn't going to 'add up'...

There is no singular expression as the empty page is primary perception of dual states, so infinity is symbolized thus.

I mostly like using spherical packing, because it's very eloquent, but I choose to conform to the generally accepted 'sacred' model for the sake of popularity in this forum.

The relativity is there in betweeness (or on the empty page) and the representation can be expressed like so.

I hope I was fairly clear and folks find some interest.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Master
Does (or will) your discussion include the sacred geometry of the web of existence and the formation of (quantum) singularities? That's can be "seen" or "known" when we follow the energy...everything is, and everything is encapsulated in any one "thing", place, unit, "betweenness" :)

OK...I suppose that's jumping ahead...sorry!

I am v eagerly awaiting the next installment, after the one above on manifesting from potentiality.

:)
Cheers!
7L
Old 07-02-2011, 05:03 PM
nventr

The sacred ratios are also within Bible stories. When God separates the heavens from the earth, the interconnected circles are vertical. When God separates Eve from Adam, the interconnected circles are horizontal like you have pictured.

Both arks, the Ark of the Covenant and Noah's ark are designs dictated by God and are based on the Golden Mean, a symbol of perfection or Divine Design.

The betweenness is where all the action takes place both on the physical level and on the inner level.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slide01.jpg (22.7 KB, 2 views)