Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin6
"For science to evolve beyond a certain point, the scientist has to evolve too."

Just love that comment !!!

Science is confined to what they can measure with the five senses: Sight, smell, feel, taste and hearing.

I guess you have never heard of theoretical physics.

Quote:
They have no inkling of mans sixth, seventh and eighth senses which are part of the metaphysical world, because not only can they not measure it with their five physical senses, they refuse to even acknowledge the existence of such things.

Mind, understanding and soul are so far out of the reach of science that religion and science will never be reconciled.

Regards
Merlin6

In days of old religion was so primative and science did alot to break down Dogma. Science and Dogma will never be reconciled.

Science goes well beyond the five senses and you'll find that theoretical physics is very similar to Buddhist metaphysics.

You have to understand the minds behind science. Historical Physicists invariably refer to God, imagination, intuition... and scientists are people just like anyone so are just as 'evolved'.

Science is their job, not their religion or spiritual belief.
Old 15-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme2
im one that would applaud but i also can see other possibilities like the dark plasma theory that the bit in between the electrons and protons the empty gap as they say there is dark plasma which is basically conciousness but comes to the same conclusion in a round about way also look out for carl jung and i have a link for you if your interested or 2

Thanks alot for the videos, very interesting stuff.
Old 15-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
I would agree with this perception.

The best QM perspectives that I receive come from studying the Kryon material. Those are channeled works with a spiritual focus.

When we consider energy as spirit, it is easier to appreciate why these sciences are coming together. I also think that it will still take a few generations to evolve the thinking in each area of focus to recognize those similarities.

John

Interesting...I always enjoy reading those channelings. Are they on the SF?

And I think the recognition of the similarities is occurring...not by most but at least by some. I know Thich Nhat Hahn and the Dalai Lama have both spoken on this...the Vedic writings anticipated this by a few millenia...and there are scientists who also appreciate the convergence, but as you say, they are going out on a limb, often, or else they clarify that it is not scientific dogma (LOL) but rather their own musings etc.

Cheers,
7L
Old 15-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Interesting...I always enjoy reading those channelings. Are they on the SF?

And I think the recognition of the similarities is occurring...not by most but at least by some. I know Thich Nhat Hahn and the Dalai Lama have both spoken on this...the Vedic writings anticipated this by a few millenia...and there are scientists who also appreciate the convergence, but as you say, they are going out on a limb, often, or else they clarify that it is not scientific dogma (LOL) but rather their own musings etc.

Cheers,
7L

There are no direct reference on SF to these publications.

Those messages are at the following Internet pages. The main page:
http://www.kryon.com/k_25.html

The getting started page:
http://www.kryon.com/k_25b.html

There is also a page about DNA:
http://www.kryon.com/seminar%20images/DNA%20page/DNA.html

The ones about science that I like the most are 67 my favorite as well as 102, 99, 98, 95, 94, 91, 89, 87, 82, 78, 77, 73, 68, 64, 60, 36, 22, 3 & 2.

I may have missed a few good ones, so if you like science you could read them all.

BTW Lee's last book on DNA was amazing.
http://www.kryon.com/k_66.html

It will become a classic for sure, as I see it. The insights were profound.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 16-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sure... it's ridiculous to assume that scientists are lesser evolved than... what? Buddhists? New age freaks?

If a person is an everyday person he needs to study science to understand nature. And his level od knowledge will be at the level of everyday society.

If a person is a high-level cultivator(ie a high-level Falun Dafa cultivator) he will have a multidimensional vision of the universe and know things that scientists can only dream of. And he is not allowed to tell the world anything about it. That would wreck the human society and it is not allowed to happen.

Why can a cultivator know all these things?

That is because he has severed all his attachments to worldly matters and assimilated himself to the characteristics of the universe(Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance).
If you have no pursuits or other attachments, the universe will allow you to see higher levels and rise up while in meditation.

A scientist is just an everyday person with a pursuit of results and possibly fame and gain too among many other things. That is why he can only see a single dimension since the universe will not let him see anything.

Exceptions of cultivating scientists could have been John Keely and Viktor Schauberger who are both ridiculed by mainstream science for a reason..

I am not saying a preacher of New Age etc has any level of cultivation at all, there are fake preachers everywhere these days and they know nothing.

What is interesting is that many people who don´t believe in afterlife do not understand or accept quantum mechanics which states you have a body in many time-space dimensions simultaneosly...

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.
Old 16-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman
I am very interested in what seems to be the convergence of spirituality and Quantum Mechanics. When I look up a video about QM on Youtube, there are those who applaud what QM is suggesting, and there are those who dismiss it as 'new age bunk' and claim that the so-called 'physicists' behind these videos are not really qualified, or that they skew the facts, that the science is false, etc.

What are your opinions on the subject?

Here are some videos in case anyone is interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adZ-oBi4NO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEpUIcOodnM

My thoughts on this is..that posteria holes are like opinions, and everyone has one
Old 16-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss
If a person is an everyday person he needs to study science to understand nature. And his level od knowledge will be at the level of everyday society.

If a person is a high-level cultivator(ie a high-level Falun Dafa cultivator) he will have a multidimensional vision of the universe and know things that scientists can only dream of. And he is not allowed to tell the world anything about it. That would wreck the human society and it is not allowed to happen.

It amazes me that people think because one is a scientist he must be unevolved, or that becuase one is a scientist he is not cultivated. It's so completely ridiculous, but I understand how pretending such is the case makes the claimant seem grandiose.

Quote:
Why can a cultivator know all these things?

That is because he has severed all his attachments to worldly matters and assimilated himself to the characteristics of the universe(Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance).
If you have no pursuits or other attachments, the universe will allow you to see higher levels and rise up while in meditation.

A scientist is just an everyday person with a pursuit of results and possibly fame and gain too among many other things. That is why he can only see a single dimension since the universe will not let him see anything.

Again, I see how such thinking would make you seem more grandiose, but the premise is untrue.

Quote:
Exceptions of cultivating scientists could have been John Keely and Viktor Schauberger who are both ridiculed by mainstream science for a reason..

It's probably because they're **** at their jobs.

Quote:
I am not saying a preacher of New Age etc has any level of cultivation at all, there are fake preachers everywhere these days and they know nothing.

What is interesting is that many people who don´t believe in afterlife do not understand or accept quantum mechanics which states you have a body in many time-space dimensions simultaneosly...

No, what you are saying is because someone is a scientist they are more ignorant that you, and you make exceptions because you are the authority on who is and who isn't 'cultivated'.

I agree, there's no truth in it whatsoever...

The truth is it doesn't matter if one is a scientist or a garbage collector or practiced falun or meditates or any of that lot. People are people. The only reason one would generalize in deriding a general group like 'scientists' is to inflate their own delutions of grandure and place their own beliefs on a pedestal.

I don't buy it Gauss, but I can see right through it.
Old 16-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme2
im one that would applaud but i also can see other possibilities like the dark plasma theory that the bit in between the electrons and protons the empty gap as they say there is dark plasma which is basically conciousness but comes to the same conclusion in a round about way also look out for carl jung and i have a link for you if your interested or 2

Very interesting onlyme2... for some time now I've had the feeling that the spirit guides I seek use the spaces between particles to manifest themselves in this physical dimension.
Old 16-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It amazes me that people think because one is a scientist he must be unevolved, or that becuase one is a scientist he is not cultivated.

Again, I see how such thinking would make you seem more grandiose, but the premise is untrue.

No, what you are saying is because someone is a scientist they are more ignorant that you, and you make exceptions because you are the authority on who is and who isn't 'cultivated'.

It seems like you would do well to listen to what cultivation actually means.

Cultivation means severring all your attachments(desires and emotions must all be eliminated) to worldly matters.

A person must suffer enormous hardships over decades to reach consummation and to say a scientist or any other everyday person is "cultivated" is a joke.

Does a scientist not sense the taste of his food on his plate, does he not want to have sex, does he not drink alcohol, has he no sense of self/ego(being "right" is unimportant), does he not have any worldly pursuit of honour(fame) and gain in his job and does he never get upset with anyone?

There is not a single scientist like that(if he is not a Falun Dafa cultivator) in the whole world. And I believe many people would agree.

A Buddhist or Taoist monk can also be a cultivator and he works very hard on himself every day for decades to eradicate all his desires and emotions. A Falun Dafa cultivator works extremely hard too every day but with a different pathway to consummation.

You claim I say I am grandiose but I never said anything like that and I take such words very lightly.

My level is limited but I know how hard cultivation is and I understand the universe has its inherent nature restricting everyday people to this dimension because of all their attachments going against the nature of the universe. The best part of it all is that everythin makes beautiful sense too.

Old 16-03-2011, 07:25 PM
William Schuck

Man has been debating the subject of God and creation from the start. However, the conversation is still where it was in the beginning. I do think it is a positive thing to combine science with spirituality. It can be a step in the right direction leading to a better understanding of ones surroundings.

My personal vision of creation is very complex. It would take me a long time to explain how I view the world. I would say that all of creation as we understand it is"ever changing organic energy patterns". Though I see everything as changing patterns I see it through the eyes of the observer in me. The makeup of the observer I cannot talk too I just don't have that kind of information.