Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Knower

Quantum Mechanics and Spirituality

I am very interested in what seems to be the convergence of spirituality and Quantum Mechanics. When I look up a video about QM on Youtube, there are those who applaud what QM is suggesting, and there are those who dismiss it as 'new age bunk' and claim that the so-called 'physicists' behind these videos are not really qualified, or that they skew the facts, that the science is false, etc.

What are your opinions on the subject?

Here are some videos in case anyone is interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adZ-oBi4NO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEpUIcOodnM
Old 12-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Experiencer
im one that would applaud but i also can see other possibilities like the dark plasma theory that the bit in between the electrons and protons the empty gap as they say there is dark plasma which is basically conciousness but comes to the same conclusion in a round about way also look out for carl jung and i have a link for you if your interested or 2

life is like having baths
the longer your in it the wrinklier you get
Old 12-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Experiencer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvzsjcBtx8

http://www.dapla.org/
also on my page called my theory on sf is a few links about hollographic universe etc hope u enjoy

life is like having baths
the longer your in it the wrinklier you get
Old 12-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Ladofthelight

Many people have a disposition to fear that which they do not understand, and that which challenges their closely held beliefs...
Old 12-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman
I am very interested in what seems to be the convergence of spirituality and Quantum Mechanics. When I look up a video about QM on Youtube, there are those who applaud what QM is suggesting, and there are those who dismiss it as 'new age bunk' and claim that the so-called 'physicists' behind these videos are not really qualified, or that they skew the facts, that the science is false, etc.

Hi,
This is an interesting subject, indeed. And to fully understand it, we have to look at ourselves. How we behave, and how we identify ourselves with ideas, dogma and all kinds of mental structures. People are very passionate about what they think science should be, and what God should be. People have pre-defined standards that they defend, to the point that they go to war for them.

And there is a war.

The war between science and religion has crept into science itself and split it into two conflicting factions - the materialistic science and the non-materialistic science. The Darwinists vs the Einsteinists if you like. Or the Evoulutionists vs the Creationists. But it IS the age-old war between religion and science going on. And in ALL wars there is always one truth: Truth is the first victim.

It is very naive to believe that there really exist some clean, undisturbed and untouchable scientific lab somewhere who devotedly work for the Progress Of Humankind and whom tell humankind whatever they find, regardless of what it is, and that the eternal questions (What happens after Death, Who are we really...etc.) are to be answered soon, and when that thappens it is told to us all on mainstream media. It's simply does not work this way.

For science to evolve beyond a certain point, the scientist has to evolve too. We have to raise our consciousness, to be open for new views.
You could say, that beyond a certain point, we must leave the objective reality. The objective reality is an illusion, real proof lies within us, in our own experience of the proofs.

But the materialists refuse to go beyond this point.

They refuse to let go of their ego-based view on reality. And of course there is an ego-based view also on the religious side.

On the internet, the war is very apparent. Lots of videos are made with the sole purpose to ridicule quantum mechanics. And they can, because the materialistic science is the ruling science, backed up by bankers, governments and societies who have economic interest in all the gigantic, rigid structures built up. The whole farmaceutic industry, just to mention one example, rely on materialistic science.

In their world, everything must be proven in in the objective reality, or it doesn't exist. But quantum mechanics has proven (for those who are open) that the objective reality itself is an illusion! Do we have a problem here...?

Now I will have a look at the videos, and I will come back after that.
I give you a video too, this is the best I have heard so far on this subject:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS_x6WJ-z0A
Old 13-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
For science to evolve beyond a certain point, the scientist has to evolve too

there is no problem with our scientific knowledge. we all know a world envisioned by newton that things are objects that exists in the background of absolute space was inaccurate.

but we hold on to this worldview because this is how we feel for the most part of our lives.

seldom you'll see a person who feels that he's body is extended in space and of the same stuff as the fabric of spacetime. (theory of relativity worldview)

more seldom that we we meet people who feels that they are pure potentials, infinite and eternal beings. (quantum physical worldview)

Old 13-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Master
Sure... it's ridiculous to assume that scientists are lesser evolved than... what? Buddhists? New age freaks? I see how the assertion of lesser evolvement makes the claimant seem more evolved, but the whole idea is an exersize of vanity, generalization and fundamental egoizm.

If someone is interested in physics the he goes to university and learns formulae and theory and if a person is interested in eastern guruizm he learns Buddha and some others who I can't remember.

I only read a little bit of Krishnamurti, Thich and recently some Ramana (remember a couple)... and I stumbled across Alan Watts recently on you tube... and I've read up on chaos theory the Feynman Lectures and generalized theoretical physics... but to sum up my learning would be some tiny fraction (though more than watching the rabbit hole)... but I've never noticed greater and lesser evolvement.
Old 13-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid

there is no problem with our scientific knowledge. we all know a world envisioned by newton that things are objects that exists in the background of absolute space was inaccurate.

but we hold on to this worldview because this is how we feel for the most part of our lives.

seldom you'll see a person who feels that he's body is extended in space and of the same stuff as the fabric of spacetime. (theory of relativity worldview)

more seldom that we we meet people who feels that they are pure potentials, infinite and eternal beings. (quantum physical worldview)

Who are "we all"?
I am addressing the "fundamentalists" on each side. There are scientific fundamentalists as well as religious fundamentalists. There is also a sane core of science as you propose, who is open to quantum mechanics and all the new possibilities.

But this sane core can be corrupted by the fundamentalist mindset, fueled by the conflict with religion. Much money and prestige is invested in these rigid structures.

Science is constantly at risk of corruption, because of these mighty bankers investing in a certain type of science. And scientists who are working in these hierarchies are not allowed to go into "dangerous" areas, or they will lose their jobs, and be black-listed so they cannot get a work anywhere else either.

This is junk science! But is has so much influence and power! And that's my point. When we talk about science, most of us neglect the human beings behind it. We just talk about "science" and we are kind of blind to how science can be misused.
Old 13-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Merlin6

"For science to evolve beyond a certain point, the scientist has to evolve too."

Just love that comment !!!

Science is confined to what they can measure with the five senses: Sight, smell, feel, taste and hearing.

They have no inkling of mans sixth, seventh and eighth senses which are part of the metaphysical world, because not only can they not measure it with their five physical senses, they refuse to even acknowledge the existence of such things.

Mind, understanding and soul are so far out of the reach of science that religion and science will never be reconciled.

Regards
Merlin6
Old 13-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman

I would agree with this perception.

The best QM perspectives that I receive come from studying the Kryon material. Those are channeled works with a spiritual focus.

When we consider energy as spirit, it is easier to appreciate why these sciences are coming together. I also think that it will still take a few generations to evolve the thinking in each area of focus to recognize those similarities.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/