Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Master

Energetic Coupling

I saw a program on the Discovery channel some years ago that spoke of two people exchanging their auras while conversing. I tried to start a thread here some months back but couldn't find the right wording thus couldn't find anything on the internet to substantiate such a claim. So I let it drop.

I am currently reading a book titled Less Incomplete by Sandie Gustus and low-and-behold they bring this subject up.

They call it energetic coupling. Even now as I write this I can't find anything on the internet that talks about this.

Here is what the book I am reading, says:

...we couple energetically with someone we are spending time with so strongly that we assimilate their emotions or physical ailments, and begin to experience whatever they are feeling, e.g. calmness, euphoria, grief, depression or even a physical pain such as a headache. Energetic coupling occurs when the bioenergetic fields of two people overlap and interfuse....

Anyone have any leads for me. Perhaps under a different name other than energetic coupling.

What are your thoughts.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:41 PM
lifensoul

The gist of it sounds similar to the process, use and outcome of empathy, in the spiritual sense..not just the psychological sense..
Old 05-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Master

Yes!

Haven't you ever sat and talked to someone and felt the two of you wrapped up in your own little cocoon?
Old 05-05-2015, 06:51 PM
lifensoul

Mmm...a few times...one of them was most striking...literally felt like me and this stranger person i was speaking to were wrapped in a cocoon together...a very strong energy cocoon...the rest were weaker, in a manner that I didn't need to use the word cocoon to explain it...is that what the energetic coupling is? What does it mean? ...often I have been placed in a kind of energy cocoon around myself almost like in preparation to interaction with others...it must have been protective or trance like, going by the circumstances...as if I was kind of also radiating it in an attempt to connect it to some hidden form of that same or similar energy I would be cocooned in, in the other person I would be able interacting with, also must have been protective in nature of me, given the circumstances of interaction..

May be the other times of the 'few times' wasn't coccon kind at all..but were varying degrees of same energy connecting, but then its only retrospectively that I can place them, as opposed to the one very strong one..but then its not really like the person I felt this coccon with was similar to me, I can tell we became almost enemies due to the differences...but then we were never physically saw each other again..

Thinking of it now...seems a bit different to the spiritual healing type, empathy kind given this is more like scanning for and clearing dark spots...the self sorrounding coccon might be the same as above except that this is kind of consciously or actively created..

But the description of the example that the author includes seem to relate more to a combination of psychological and spiritual healing empathy....not the coccon kind. Mixed up with the term energy coupling itself which feels like it could be better described by the rest of the examples.

All different kinds...pick your choice linen

Last edited by lifensoul : 05-05-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:29 AM
Suspended

Yes linen53, sandie's book is very good - it's based on the work of waldo vieira. l've recommended it a few times here. So, lt looks like you were led to it..
lt's also called Auric Coupling.

Last edited by durgaa : 06-05-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Master
imagine doing that without being able to turn off or having desire to share the auric space of another...
Old 06-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Master

durgaa, it was your suggestion and prompted me to buy the book. I've just gotten to it. I have a large library. This book was on my short list of books to read, not the long one. Okay, I looked up Auric Coupling and still got next to zero hits.

Yes, lifensoul, I've had varying degrees of the cocoon experience. Sometimes it's just a cozy feeling, sometimes just a warmth, depending on the person. If the coupling becomes pathological, or unhealthy, as in a energy vampire, my red flags pop up and I break away.

skygazer, I am thankful I can choose to be around people who I can couple with in this way. I meet friends every Sunday and we have a certain low-level coupling amongst ourselves each time we meet. I can see it happening.

I think we couple with just about everyone we come in contact with to one degree or another. Just my thoughts. Nothing I have learned or researched.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Master

Still looking, digging, researching.

Here's a reike article: Anytime we are within a few feet of another person, our auras blend together and a fusion of energy takes place. The physical closeness of people can often cause their auras to mix. More here: http://www.netplaces.com/reiki/treat...l-energies.htm

This one is by a Dr. Lawrence Wilson, he calls it "blending". I don't agree with everything he says but anyway, here's the article: http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/EM...20BLENDING.htm

Under empathic blending I found this: Empathic blending is one of the most common occurrences we see in the field of energetic therapy. As human beings, we are constantly blending our energy with other people. Because we all have energy fields that include thoughts and feelings, we may find that we are thinking another person’s thoughts, feeling their feelings, or experiencing what they experience. Source: http://innerlightsanctuary.com/2013/...thic-blending/

Under energy blending I found this: http://allietheiss.com/blending-intimate-energy/

It seems the information is all over the place.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
durgaa, it was your suggestion and prompted me to buy the book. I've just gotten to it. I have a large library. This book was on my short list of books to read, not the long one. Okay, I looked up Auric Coupling and still got next to zero hits.

Yes, lifensoul, I've had varying degrees of the cocoon experience. Sometimes it's just a cozy feeling, sometimes just a warmth, depending on the person. If the coupling becomes pathological, or unhealthy, as in a energy vampire, my red flags pop up and I break away.

skygazer, I am thankful I can choose to be around people who I can couple with in this way. I meet friends every Sunday and we have a certain low-level coupling amongst ourselves each time we meet. I can see it happening.

I think we couple with just about everyone we come in contact with to one degree or another. Just my thoughts. Nothing I have learned or researched.

that sounds nice, linen. I think you are right about 'coupling' with everyone to certain degree. I wish I'd been aware of this during my sexual exploration days. I shudder to think what I took on and still carry.

Have you tried energy or auric field enmeshment as a word when you google?
Old 07-05-2015, 05:53 PM
Master

Good question.. what else is this called? I myself though Ive heard about this many a time, don't know what other terms is used for it.

Barbara Brennan also I think talks about this in at least one of her books. (she may of used the term energetic coupling too?).