Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 22-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Guide
Quotes By Robert A. Heinlein

Considered to be one of the great masters of Science Fiction literature, Robert A. Heinlein wrote a prolific number of novels, including the classic STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND. In his novel TIME ENOUGH FOR LOVE, he philosophises about various topics:

1. Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

2. Nursing does not diminish the beauty of a woman's breasts; it enhances their charm by making them look lived in and happy.

3. A generation which ignores history has no past----and no future!

4. What a wonderful world it is that has girls in it!

5. If you don't like yourself, you CAN'T like other people.

6. It is better to copulate than never.

7. Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.

8. The more you love, the more you CAN love----and the more intensely you love. Nor is there any limit on how MANY you can love. If a person had time enough, he could love all of that majority who are decent and just.

9. To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.

Last edited by Explorer21 : 22-11-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 22-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Guide
10. Copulation is SPIRITUAL IN ESSENCE----or it is merely friendly exercise. On second thought, strike out "merely." Copulation is not "merely"-----even when it is just a happy pastime for two strangers. But copulation at its spiritual best is so much more than physical coupling that it is different in kind as well as in degree.

11. Touch is the most fundamental sense. A baby experiences it, all over, before he is born and long before he learns to use sight, hearing or taste, and no human ever ceases to need it. Keep your children short on pocket money----but long on hugs!

12. Yield to temptation; it may not pass your way again.

13. It is impossible for a man to love his wife wholeheartedly without loving all women somewhat. I suppose that the converse must be true of women.

Old 22-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Smile

I love them!! Thank you!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Guide
Smile

Miss Hepburn, thank you for your appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I love them!! Thank you!

Old 22-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Experiencer
I love these, too! Robert Heinlein was way ahead of his time; as a matter of concept, I would say he was on Mars time for the thrust of his sexual appreciation is a true advancement beyond how sex is viewed on Earth. It's hard to pick a favorite from these quotes. Number one could not be said better and more simply. And number five is absolutely true. People who are easily liked by others radiate self appreciation, and what they give off is felt at a cellular level. The only barrier to true self awareness are barriers erected within the experience of divine self love.

Yield to temptation, oh yes! Denial impedes the vision. If our soul wants to take a big bite out of life, just do it and enjoy the chance to witness more unfolding.

There's so much emotional health in all of these statements, John. I totally enjoyed this wonderful post and I will now have to see about finding a copy of Time Enough For Love.

Touch is absolutely necessary to communion, and it can be an etheric or virtual touch for the divine knows itself in all, physical and nonphysical. Everything becomes beautifully sexual when one enters nature deeply without preconceptual analysis. And sexuality is our divinely human gift to another. It's a communion of god/goddess touching its own face, mapping its pure love body, expanding by feeding the heartfield with unities sparked by love, reverence and bright joy.
What is a question but a call to the Universe for its answer? Who are you but a call of the Universe to be heard? Unity is the true foundation of our unfolding reality. We all belong together within the kaleidoscope of our perceived singularity.
Old 23-11-2015, 01:49 AM
Guide
Starflower, it's a joy knowing that these quotes by Robert Heinlein inspire you, as they do me. Yes, Robert truly was on Martian time, as well as Pleiadian time, when it comes to relationships of all kinds, and he was way ahead of most people in that regard. He makes that very clear in novels such as STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND and THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS.

In the latter, Robert vastly broadens the whole concept of marriage to that of Polyamory: A woman can have as many husbands as she likes, and a man can have as many wives as he likes. It is a Polyfidelity form of Polyamory, meaning being faithful to all of one's partners. This kind of marriage is very Pleiadian/Martian in nature (in channeled messages, Pleiadians, who colonised Mars millions of years ago, say that their sexuality is very fluid and free and includes Polyamory and Polyfidelity for those who choose them).

Starflower, I am glad to know that you'll look for a copy of TIME ENOUGH FOR LOVE. I deeply resonate with what you say about Touch and immersing oneself in Nature. Just like Robert Heinlein, the space people who met George Adamski said that Touch is the primary and most important sense that includes all of the other senses.

r]I love these, too! Robert Heinlein was way ahead of his time; as a matter of concept, I would say he was on Mars time for the thrust of his sexual appreciation is a true advancement beyond how sex is viewed on Earth. It's hard to pick a favorite from these quotes. Number one could not be said better and more simply. And number five is absolutely true. People who are easily liked by others radiate self appreciation, and what they give off is felt at a cellular level. The only barrier to true self awareness are barriers erected within the experience of divine self love.

Yield to temptation, oh yes! Denial impedes the vision. If our soul wants to take a big bite out of life, just do it and enjoy the chance to witness more unfolding.

There's so much emotional health in all of these statements, John. I totally enjoyed this wonderful post and I will now have to see about finding a copy of Time Enough For Love.

Touch is absolutely necessary to communion, and it can be an etheric or virtual touch for the divine knows itself in all, physical and nonphysical. Everything becomes beautifully sexual when one enters nature deeply without preconceptual analysis. And sexuality is our divinely human gift to another. It's a communion of god/goddess touching its own face, mapping its pure love body, expanding by feeding the heartfield with unities sparked by love, reverence and bright joy.[/quote]

Old 23-11-2015, 02:15 AM
Guide
Here is an excerpt from TIME ENOUGH FOR LOVE by Robert Heinlein:

"We went in, and my upset was swept away by greetings. We were kissed all around----two beautiful young women, one of whom I recognized when I heard her name, Ira's daughter Hamadryad and she looks like one, the other a statuesque blonde whose name, Ishtar, was familiar to me through talk, and a young man as beautiful as the women and who seemed familiar, though I could not place him. Even the twin flametops insisted on kissing me since they had not greeted me that way earlier.

In Boondock, a kiss of greeting is not the ritual peck it usually is in New Rome; even the twins bussed me in a fashion that made me certain of their sex----I've had poorer kisses from grown women whose intentions were direct and immediate."

Old 23-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Guide
Another excerpt from the science fiction novel TIME ENOUGH FOR LOVE by Robert Heinlein:

"I think Dora would have entered easily and naturally into polyandry......and would have managed to convince me that that was the only happy solution by the way she herself treated it.

Nor would she, in adding more husbands, have been breaking her marriage vows. Dora had not promised to cleave unto me only; I won't let a woman promise that because a day sometimes arrives when she can't.

Dora could have kept four decent, honorable men happy. Dora had none of the sickly attitudes that interfere with a person loving more and more; Helen had seen to that. And, as the Greeks pointed out, one man cannot quench the fires of Vesuvius. Or was it the Romans? Never mind, it's true. Dora probably would have been even happier in a polyandrous marriage. And if SHE were happier, it follows, as the night the day, that I would have been also----even though I cannot imagine being happier than I was. But more big male muscles would have made life easier on me; I always had too much to do. More company could have been pleasant, too, I am forced to assume-----the company of men whom Dora found acceptable. As for Dora herself, she has enough love in her to lavish it on me and a dozen kids; three more husbands would not have used up her resources, she was a spring that never ran dry."

Old 23-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Guide
Heinlein spaced us out,
Knew what love was all about,
Cosmic his vision!

Old 23-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for sharing those excerpts, John. Reading them was a pleasure. I can't help but imagine what society would be like if beings innately each other as intimate and precious, rather than as someone to compete with or deny. This is a big leap from where society is today and I think it is best appreciated by looking at the whole context that Heinlein pulls together via his novel.

I have reread Heinlein's, Stranger in a Strange Land just this year and it was fascinating how Heinlein unfolded the clash of cultural mores between Earth and Valentine Michael Smith, the Martian. And from my perspective, the differences begin with our taboos about touch, intimacy and relationships.

Dora, from Time Enough For Love sounds like a woman who so knew herself with love that she had more than enough to give multiple sincere partners. I, myself have considered how wonderful it would be to have a married home with more than two adults. The narrator in your excerpt makes a good point about how more hands would make the work lighter and there would also be more people to love and care for their children.
What is a question but a call to the Universe for its answer? Who are you but a call of the Universe to be heard? Unity is the true foundation of our unfolding reality. We all belong together within the kaleidoscope of our perceived singularity.