Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Deactivated Account

So I guess we have come to the conclusion that smoking doesn't stop our spiritual development?

But what about the perceptiveness to the changes in our bodies (and energy), to other beings such as stones and guides, or the so called "Awakening Symptoms"?
Old 29-02-2012, 02:09 AM
iolite

Suikagirl...

Smoking, especially commercial cigarettes, as well as certain meds (like antidepressants, etc) can have an effect on our abilities. But, if you ARE going to smoke, consider getting some pure tobacco cigarettes (Native American) to reduce the carcinogenics.
Old 29-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Master
You can't really let factors outside of yourself indicate whether you should smoke or not.

You either feel it's alright and not worry about it or you feel it no longer is and have to get to point where you let it go. It's part of the internal dialogue between yourself and spirit and your body... nothing else matters.

They had a cancer hospital in the town where I was born, which given they also had a regular hospital should tell you what kinda town it was, and the lung cancer was 50/50 between smokers and non-smokers.

If you smoked then that was why... if you didn't smoke they didn't know why.

It was a very restrictive town and I felt no body was breathing in life the way they should be.

Make up your own minds boys and girls 'cause it may be the grief you go through trying to stop before it's needed is a lot more harrowing on you than stopping it at a time when it's supposed to happen as a natural consequence of understanding and accepting the reason why you do.
Old 29-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Master
Smoking is the most dirty, filthy stinking habit i can think of, it killed my father, and his father and mother also.
Old 29-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Smoking is the most dirty, filthy stinking habit i can think of, it killed my father, and his father and mother also.

Yes, I dislike the smell too that is why I don't smoke indoors, but do you really think that is what killed your parents?
Old 29-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Suikagirl...

Smoking, especially commercial cigarettes, as well as certain meds (like antidepressants, etc) can have an effect on our abilities. But, if you ARE going to smoke, consider getting some pure tobacco cigarettes (Native American) to reduce the carcinogenics.

Ahhh...unfortunately there is no way for me to buy those where I live, or import them...

I am very much with you in this, especially psych meds which is why I have decided to stop taking them and see how it goes, this way if I have to go back to them at least I will be sure that I in fact need them. Is going to be hell though, but I am hoping going through the withdrawal symptoms will be worth it at the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
You can't really let factors outside of yourself indicate whether you should smoke or not.

You either feel it's alright and not worry about it or you feel it no longer is and have to get to point where you let it go. It's part of the internal dialogue between yourself and spirit and your body... nothing else matters.

They had a cancer hospital in the town where I was born, which given they also had a regular hospital should tell you what kinda town it was, and the lung cancer was 50/50 between smokers and non-smokers.

If you smoked then that was why... if you didn't smoke they didn't know why.

It was a very restrictive town and I felt no body was breathing in life the way they should be.

Make up your own minds boys and girls 'cause it may be the grief you go through trying to stop before it's needed is a lot more harrowing on you than stopping it at a time when it's supposed to happen as a natural consequence of understanding and accepting the reason why you do.

What an interesting perspective! I was very glad when I almost quit without trying, every time I feel like I need to stop doing something the more I want to keep on doing, it also works the other way around, if I need to do something, I will unconsciously do everything to avoid doing it!
I had made myself the "promise" that I would start cutting back and start yesterday to smoke maximum 3 per day, let's just say when the morning was over the 3 and others were long gone as well, same as today!

Could this be attributed to a self-destructive personality perhaps?

Quote:

I am so sorry to hear about your mom and father, which is one of the reasons why I smoke in rooms where just I go to, I've put tape on the doors and a towel on the floor to avoid letting any of the smoke outside, I don't want them harmed by my habit.

I have never been able to understand why it is a "dirty, filthy, stinking habit" as you call it and as many regard it as well.
Old 29-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Master
I had this little story I made up and it was while I was doing a lot of welding and metalwork.

The point of work was where the pinpoint of heat, mixing acetylene and pure oxygen, was melting the metal to a small pool that I would coax across the joint I'd be making and fuse the two into one. This small pool of molten metal was like the world, a molten core of nickel iron floating through space, and when this small pool of metal was the whole of my space, as It worked it's magic of fusion... I was at one with the mission of the earth and it told me it's secrets.

When I had finished that intense and focused work I would brew coffee and roll a cigarette and then sit and review what I'd done tasting the brown and bitter coffee as the earth's blood and drawing deep into my lungs the worlds message from the glowing tip of the cigarette. It was as if I was there with the creation destruction that is the earth rolling through space and I would die as the earth dies and feel her pain and joy as my work echoed and drew a promise from me to understand... I would suffer as the earth suffers.

We might see that the altar that is our body is something to be defiled, debased and abused as we go the longest distance and stand on the edge of it's annilation... then see it's glory and come home... there's an easy parallel to the enlightenment that occurs on the edges of despair... being the easiest bridge to cross.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Master
well it certainly contibuated to my dads death, and his father and mother also, my uncle is slowly dying from inphozimia and he smoked for many years, so to think otherwise, would be ignorant, that is in my case anyway.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Master
Hi suikagirl, Watch someone dying of cancer in front of you, grasping for their breath, and you will then understand why its a dirty habbit, you yourself said you tried to keep the smoke away from harming others.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Shabby

Quote:
well it certainly contibuated to my dads death, and his father and mother also, my uncle is slowly dying from inphozimia and he smoked for many years, so to think otherwise, would be ignorant, that is in my case anyway.

My mother has lung problems and the doctor tells her to stop smoking but my mother has never smoked in her whole life. I am not saying that those that smoke can't die of lung cancer but I believe that the mental state of a person contributes greatly to ones well being.

As long as there are people dieing of lung cancer that didn't smoke or people that smoke that don't have lung cancer we need to look closer into the real cause behind lung cancer.