Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Time

One of the hardest things to do when talking abotu something, is to NOT assume they know what your talking about. IMO its best to give instructions, or information as if you are telling that person for the first time ( especialy if they arent familiar with you OR that situation). THis leaves less room for error.

An example would be, when teaching meditation for example, you go through breathing, mabey some visualisation, or other techniques, but becasue you think its " common knowledge" to ground yourself, you forget to mention it.

Something that sort of goes with this, is giving people enough room for their own opinions. Sometimes the best information is from someone who is unfamiliar witht he certain situation, who can not over anylize it. An example is an auto mechanic. Te truck starts to steer very hard, and wont turn. Some mechanics would instanly think its the drive train, or something wrong witht he steering column. But someone else might suggest " di dyou check the fluids?"

THis goes for more then just spirituality as well, and also goes hand in hand with treating people how you want to be treated. Respect, earns respect. THis goes with spirituality as well. A great example is homosexuality. While somepeople dont agree with this, its respectful to not shove your veiws down their throat. But at the same time, the other person should have the respect to at least let you speak your mind about it.

For me, a great example is vegetarianism. I dont get it, i see it as moot and ,lots of the reasoning is ignorant IMO. But i would never, ever try to tell a vegan they are wrong, id never tell them that their whole belief system is flawed. I ,may state the reasons as to why i dissagree with it, and discuss it, but I persoanly cant turn around to a vegan and say " sorry yoru wrong, what your doing is wrong, and your just as stupid as the whole vegan life style". i wouldnt feel good about some one saying that about my beliefs.

ITs a delicate balance: Keeping an open enough mind to not be ignorant to others beliefs, and to still tactfuly and respecfuly give your opinion.
Old 26-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentledove
Well, this sounds great, but I have to admit I have no idea what kundalini is.

Can it help with this procastination tendency I'm observing in myself?

For basic procrastination I'd recommend some cognitive stuff eg this which has a chapter on it, although it's rather caustic. If it turns out to be more involved (about serious emotional reluctance etc.), any of the three I posted before are great.

Kundalini is a divine energy field underlying your bodily form and nervous system that can be woken to produce ecstasy, healing, strong mystical experience, enlightenment etc. The word comes from India but the process appears to be cross-cultural. Meditations of specific kind waken it, but it can also be woken unintentionally eg. by NDE or trauma, or meditation not aimed specifically at it. More here.

It's very intense and culminatory so you wouldn't use it for procrastination! (That would be like trying to summon Athena to scratch an itch on your big toe. ^_^)
Old 31-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Enthusiasm without expectation is a good one.

Also, surrender ALL results to God...the good, the bad & ugly. (this is from the Gita)

Feeling gratitude always helps - it increases receptivity.

Very effective: Everything anybody says is true

These seem deceptively simple, but they are imo/experience not so easy to maintain consistently in practice, sometimes even to remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentledove
These are all excellent! Hey, though is everything anybody says always true...to you? I can see how it will be true to them. I can see how this would cause you to look for the truth in what they say which will broaden perspective immensely...still...

Hi gentledove,

Thank you.

This is why it is a technique, and the essence of the technique is that it has to be 'true for me'. I know this is 'counter-intuitive', because we are taught to 'think for ourselves', 'be an individual', reason and compare 'values', don't let others 'control' your thoughts, etc. - and this is the source of much conflict - because it creates internal conflict when presented with any stimulus that is different than our own unique view. This phenomenon alone is the impetus that accounts for much interpersonal conflict - self-comparison and refutation (self-protection) of 'what is not like me'.

In the employment of this technique, I'm accepting 'the other' truth as true for me - as my own truth. I am not looking for truth - truth is coming to me. I'm simply receiving it openly without internal resistance. If I 'stop the flow' to judge and compare to 'my' beliefs/values/ideals - I'm at that moment no longer listening, but invoking ego/separation/comparison. I'm responding in my mind to my own self-comparison that is arbitrary at best, all about myself (exclusion of the other) at worst. If others' experience is necessarily true as an 'authentic reality', valid for them - and let's face it - it is for them anyway, and my beliefs or values are not going to change that, nor should they necessarily 'in the moment' - it becomes part of my reality instantly through oneness.

I don't have to USE it - including in the moment as a reflective foil for an automatic ego reaction. The potential for utilization is completely another issue that prevents people from seeing the efficacy of this technique. Many don't realize that if they react internally there is inherently a demand to utilize the input, a demand that is being met when we automatically react. Then we are bound and restricted by our own demand (that others should be like us, have our own experiences, values, beliefs).

This is about a genuine poise in receptivity, instantly gaining real insight into another reality. There is an expansion of self by inclusion, instead of limitation of self by reactive comparison, with attendant exclusive judgments - invalidations, negations (or the opposite, praise of likeness). This technique - a functional enactment of oneness allows one to instantly see through a subjective identification with another's reality - what are their values, motivations, goals, fears, outstanding qualities, world view, preferences, aversions, deceptions and peculiarities. It increases intuition especially about other people, is very useful conversationally, but works well for other 'identities'.

Access becomes instantly available by this 'technique'. Also - this kind of careful listening often indicates if, when, what and how to respond. Oneness more spontaneously informs or 'creates' appropriate response in the moment, because this listening may include ones own higher reality - the functional instrumentality of the subjective linkage to the other reality. It is the listening to the truth, of and in another's truth which initiates a greater more expanded truth. This can be done anywhere, like in line at the store - just listening to people - without inserting yourself (your own mind) in any way. Not as easy as it sounds, but there is a lot of opportunity for practice.

~ J
Old 31-05-2011, 09:19 PM
gentledove

Quote:
This can be done anywhere, like in line at the store - just listening to people - without inserting yourself (your own mind) in any way. Not as easy as it sounds, but there is a lot of opportunity for practice.

Yes, I can well imagine!

I do still have a tendency to judge some behavior as wrong (murder, torture, etc. and I admit it sometimes sickens me when I hear other people talking about harming others without seeming to have any sense of caring for their pain).

I agree with you though that maintaining an open mind, trying to understand something from someone else's perspective and holding an attitude that something can be learned from everyone and every experience is a magnificent way to expand our awareness into the unknown. You are a true pioneer Jytoir! Yay!