Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-10-2010, 12:10 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Accidents are a mask. Events are a mask - life is a mask. It's when you care enough to look behind the mask that things start to make a little more sense.

If you're climbing up a cliff and you fall down, doesn't that tell you that you shouldn't be there or you should get trained/equipped properly? Or.........

If a plane crashes, doesn't that affect everyone on board in some way, and if it's on the news then it affects the people that are watching it as well?

If you cut your finger in the kitchen, shouldn't you be more careful?

Tell us how all these are not simply cause and effect in action.......
Old 14-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Rich1987

Yeah I guess that's true.
Old 14-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Tell us how all these are not simply cause and effect in action.......

I rest my case, Mac. It's about looking behind the mask.

So, now we can also get into contradictions. If everything is pre-planned before you become incarnate, then being in that plane crash is part of your karma, it was meant to happen. If you believe everything happens because it was meant to, there are no accidents.

But If you look hard enough, there's much more to it than cause and effect - unless you want to argue semantics of course. No doubt being in that plane crash changes your Life in some way - it has to because every experience does. How it does, that has to depend on the individual. How would you be after a plane crash? Would it affect your thinking in some way? Would the atheist sitting in the seat next to you suddenly believe there was a God after all because their Life had been spared?

To give you one example. Carole Chapman 'found' the Golden Ones after having an almost fatal car crash and a near death experience. The book she wrote afterwards made a big difference to my Life because there was a huge synchronicity there - and the same with a few other people who recommended the book. Probably to many others as well. To my beliefs, things happen in your Life to make you the person you are today - and to me they're not just coincidences because I don't believe in them. Call it cause and effect - the cause was reading the book, the effect was a shift in my beliefs. In which case we're discussing the same thing. For me, the reason (one of them anyway) behind the mask of her having the accident was to give her what she needed to write the book, then for others to read it, and on......

Things happen for a reason - if you care to look for one.

Last edited by Greenslade : 15-10-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 15-10-2010, 01:37 AM
mac

"Things happen for a reason - if you care to look for one." Of course they do - no effect without a cause. I'll reserve judgement about whether they were caused to happen until later....

My life has gone in a particular direction as, from your account, has yours. For every event there was a cause but that still doesn't mean that the events were orchestrated to have a specific outcome... They might have been but equally they might not. We can guess at which are which from their outcomes but guesswork is still all it is.

Any significant event may have a life-changing property but that doesn't automatically mean that a life-changing property was deliberately brought about by orchestrating the event to be significant. Perhaps that's an aspect of karma which many believe is the case?

Taking you words:- "To my beliefs, things happen in your Life to make you the person you are today - and to me they're not just coincidences because I don't believe in them. Call it cause and effect - the cause was reading the book, the effect was a shift in my beliefs." I respond by saying that sometimes certain things happen in life which make you the way you become...

We can disagree until the cows come home but not believing in coincidences seems extreme to me. It implies that any two or more intersecting events have been deliberately brought about - you really believe that for all occasions?

I don't accept - believe - anything unless I get evidence or the guidance of evolved teachers. Others' personal beliefs won't work for me.

We'll agree to differ, eh?
Old 15-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Knower
I agree as well. I don’t talk about it a lot because I know it will probably offend a lot of people. I feel when someone crosses over it is simply their time. Regardless of how old they are and how they happen to come to death.
Old 15-10-2010, 02:49 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephesh
I agree as well. I don’t talk about it a lot because I know it will probably offend a lot of people. I feel when someone crosses over it is simply their time. Regardless of how old they are and how they happen to come to death.

It's down to the same issue - feelings - beliefs....no evidence - guess it's easier to think that way than to look deeper? That's not my way...
Old 15-10-2010, 04:05 AM
Knower
I like to believe we have several "exits" in this life. Depending apon whether or not you have completed what you are suppose to in this life depends on when you are suppose to leave.

I also believe that some lives that result in early deaths are ment to be lessons for others.
Old 15-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Master
I think the idea of everything that happens is meant to be is not quite right ?, if it was we shouldn't interfere with war or stopping someone murdering someone else, after all its meant to happen ?.
Old 15-10-2010, 06:44 AM
earthprowler

i agree totally there are no accidents, everything happens for a reason, you are exactly where you are supposed to be at this very moment. (and it helps to think that when you are stuck in a long line of traffic!)
Old 15-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac

I don't accept - believe - anything unless I get evidence or the guidance of evolved teachers. Others' personal beliefs won't work for me.

We'll agree to differ, eh?

Well Mac, that sounds fair to me. There wouldn't be any use for places like these if we all thought the same, eh? I just make the best sense I can out of what the Universe shows me - no ascended masters, no gurus, no proof.

It's down to choice, psychoslice. Maybe it was meant to happen that you interfere :-)

You're way in the wrong place, earthprowler. Traffic jams here max out at six cars.