Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 03-10-2014, 02:52 AM
PhoenixTJ

book recommendations for aspiring healer

I spent most of my adult life as a very skeptical person, but after letting go of that skepticism, I've enjoyed a great deal of healing over the past two years from energetic healing modalities. I've come a long way toward wholeness and wellness, and now I'd like to learn everything I can about healing so I can maybe become a healer myself. I want to know about the different parts and systems of the physical and energetic body, how they are connected to each other, what they do, what kinds of things can go wrong, methods to heal those imbalances, etc. I've picked up a little from those who've worked on me, but there's so much I don't know! What books do you recommend for me?
Old 05-10-2014, 03:38 AM
PhoenixTJ

Um, anyone?
Old 05-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Suspended
You got no response, because there are no books for this. Being a Healer is an individual Journey. It is like the healing you said you done for yourself. Healing is also of the heart, so forget the "systems" and "methods".

Being a Healer has to be a natural part of who you are. Your healing abilities has to come naturally, and can't be forced, or rationalized. Being intuitive is a good start in sharing your healing abilities. Thus go with your heart, and nothing will go "wrong".
Old 05-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Master

You might be inspired by the life and works of the famous healer Harry Edwards ....

Have a look at this website
http://www.harryedwardshealingsanctuary.co.uk

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 05-10-2014, 05:43 PM
Master
I agree with Thunder Bow... Being a healer is a personal journey that should be tailored to you and how you sense/feel/hear/see/interact with the world. I could tell you this or that about healing, but that will be my experiences of it, and should not be your stick of measurement in doing healing work.. That also would limit you in your journey.. What works for me, may not work for you, and may be completely different for you..

Once you get into a groove of healing, you can start to read books about it, to compare notes with others who are healers and have done healing. At first you should find your own way, before you open up to another persons perspective on it.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:44 PM
PhoenixTJ

I won't deny that you can be a purely intuitive healer, but those who've helped me the most used defined systems and method for identifying and treating imbalances, and their intuitions guided the way they applied those systems.
Old 29-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Phoenix,
As a bookseller I'm a little surprised that people will recommend not reading any books on a subject. Sure, there is always the possibility of being confused by a book, but that is always a danger when learning something. So why not read a wide variety of books, pick what feels right, and use your own intuition also? Having said that, these are some of my recommends:
Hands that Heal--Echo Bodine
Hands Of Light--Barbara Brennan
Go Up and Work With God-- Vianna Stibal
The Healing Light-- Agnes Sanford
The Gift Of Healing--Olga Worrall
Pranic Healing-Choa Kok Sui
And the aforementioned books of Harry Edwards
These books are all quite different from each other. Christian, new age, and technical/pragmatic approaches are all represented, so you have some different ways of looking at things. Hope this helps!
Blessings,
Ananias
Old 29-11-2014, 07:00 PM
Garry_F

I will second the choice of Hands of Light by Barbara Brennan. It gives an overview of the energy body and its various layers with which you will be working with as a Healer.

The books by Vianna Stibal give a look into the belief patterns which generate our experience, and how some are maladaptive. Once it is recognised which patterns are healthy, and which patterns are less so, the relevant adjustments in beliefs and attitudes can be made.

If you want a general philosophy of 'health' and what it means to be whole on a spiritual level, A Course in Miracles can provide a lot of inspiration.

good luck on this Phoenix. It has been a recent calling for me too to undertake this Journey.
Old 29-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Garry,

Personally I like Vianna's first books "Go Up And Work With God" v. 1 and 2, more than the later ones, where she seems to have filled up pages with general metaphysics that's available in a lot of other places. Although they are cruder in style than the later ones, the earlier books seem to just be the pure method that she's developed.
Blessings,
Ananias
Old 29-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Garry_F

hi Ananias,

yes, I've seen those two books referenced, but I think they've both been repackaged into her introductory book: Theta Healing. I don't seem to be able to find the two titles you mentioned on amazon.

with that said, if it's the case that the two books were merged into one, then I agree with you wholeheartedly, that that one volume contains the crux of her approach and everything you would really need to practice her particular modality.

but books can only go so far! I read Theta Healing about 3 years ago, but it wasn't until I attended a weekend workshop that I really 'got it'. Of course, I was also ready to 'get it', so a particular timing was at play too :)