Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-02-2017, 08:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Thumbs up Only Human

I have asked this before in different places and generally been told that mediums and psychics ARE ONLY HUMAN!
OK, but how is it that a psychic, like my late wife, can be so powerful, authoritative, wise and broad minded while giving a Reading and then be so fragile, vulnerable, "normal" and limited when back down in their normal, ordinary state of mind?
This is NOT a complaint about my late wife!
I am simply trying to understand what happens to psychic/mediums at different times and under various circumstances. I saw my late wife as almost Super human while Reading and then she was very normal or even below normal when not reading someone. We both have been in support groups and I knew a lot about my late wife's "rocky" past so there is plenty of info to explain her "less than OK' periods BUT how does that work with the EXTRAORDINARY mind set she had while READING someone?
I am not psychic but I can somehow see that, while Reading, a person may be in or coming from a much higher state or element of their being or consciousness so that alone could explain why a Reader is apparently invulnerable while in Trance and just plain and ordinary or even less, when out of Trance.
I never had the courage to ask my late wife about this stuff while she was still on this side!
Maybe I just need to check out some books from the library and read up on medium-ship!
I'd really like for some actual medium or psychic to respond to this post from their own, actual experiences.
thank you,
jim
Old 12-02-2017, 01:01 PM
I'll give an example of how my mediumship goes when I'm at a circle.

Before we start we all sit around having a chat about mundane things & then it's time to start. Some circles like to start with some meditation, maybe a prayer but at my favourite circle we don't.

We are then paired up, are told whether we are to conduct a psychic or mediumistic reading and what, if any, the particular goal is, and then we begin.
I sit quiet for a moment and then my mind starts to feel what I have to say if it's psychic, or a connection if it's mediumistic. I then give the reading.

When the reading has finished I take a moment to let my mind clear and then we rejoin the circle.
We will talk about how it went and the results we had.
At that moment we could happily go back to chatting about whatever, it's not like our mind is constantly geared up for action.

You might be thinking it seems like we're in a normal everyday state of mind at the circle but when we need to we can flick a switch in our mind & we're off giving a reading, for me & everyone at the circle that's how it is.

I, and I know those at the circles I attend, don't think of ourselves as anyone different, or special compared to anyone else. What we do may seem that way to those on the outside, but to us, mediumship is just a form of awareness that many other people don't, or in some cases, can't get in tune with.
I believe anyone can become a medium to a less or more degree.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:56 PM
Experiencer
^ this for sure

Also when we're giving readings it's spirits thoughts and wise words we are passing along, which is likely why you felt she was so amazing during readings, and so 'normal' when not doing readings. It wasn't her thoughts and words she was passing along, it was spirits.

Also a rocky past can make a Medium great, real life experiences will make a medium relatable and have a larger reference for Spirit to work with. having a rocky past I believe is beneficial to a Medium and their abilities, not a deterrent.
Old 13-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Administrator
I was told many moons ago that mediums do suffer with health related issues more so than psychics.everyone is psychic but not all psychics are mediums.
i can only speak for myself here i was born seeing and hearing spirit so it is second nature for me.as for my health well im due in march to have my 32nd operation,i have always worked with people and put their heath before my own i have always been the same.because i am also a Healer.
i have looked after others all my life.
psychics work with the energy .we are not all born with the good fortune to have a Healthy and happy life i am one of four yet i am the only one that is a medium and the only one to have so many operations.
so you can take from that what fits for yourself.

Namaste
Old 13-02-2017, 04:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Coming back down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG
I'll give an example of how my mediumship goes when I'm at a circle.

Before we start we all sit around having a chat about mundane things & then it's time to start. Some circles like to start with some meditation, maybe a prayer but at my favourite circle we don't.

We are then paired up, are told whether we are to conduct a psychic or mediumistic reading and what, if any, the particular goal is, and then we begin.
I sit quiet for a moment and then my mind starts to feel what I have to say if it's psychic, or a connection if it's mediumistic. I then give the reading.

When the reading has finished I take a moment to let my mind clear and then we rejoin the circle.
We will talk about how it went and the results we had.
At that moment we could happily go back to chatting about whatever, it's not like our mind is constantly geared up for action.

You might be thinking it seems like we're in a normal everyday state of mind at the circle but when we need to we can flick a switch in our mind & we're off giving a reading, for me & everyone at the circle that's how it is.

I, and I know those at the circles I attend, don't think of ourselves as anyone different, or special compared to anyone else. What we do may seem that way to those on the outside, but to us, mediumship is just a form of awareness that many other people don't, or in some cases, can't get in tune with.
I believe anyone can become a medium to a less or more degree.
Hi Tony: I highlighted your comments above. My late wife would sometimes still be in "Trance" or altered after a client left our apartment and I'd ask her a few questions or just let her "come back down" when ready. She was pretty "normal" in both states but often felt worn out or drained after a Reading. I never understood why. I truly loved and respected her work which sometimes included Psychic Fairs and Private parties and she always helped or uplifted her clients - except the angry or fearful skeptics! She had a very soft, kindly and caring manner as a Reader which pleased a lot of others and she always sent them home with a large, fascinating and colorful drawing and tape recording of the session. I still have several of her sketch pad Readings for me but gave most of her art and Reading/drawings to her kids.
I am enjoying this discussion and getting some clarification and comfort from it.
I am struggling with the fact that my late wife crossed over with what I would now describe as UNFINISHED business in the emotional realm. She seemed to "fall apart" near the end and I could see that it had a lot to do with old, unhealed emotional wounds - some of which I knew about during our time together and some of which I learned about after she left here but had happened before I met her. (We both had 2nd marriages.)
Owing to my own work on my unfinished business, I recognized what was happening to her towards the end but did not know how to help her start doing her Original Pain or Grief work on those now emerging bottled up and damaged feelings. I was still working on some of mine! She needed to VENT and get painful things off of her chest but it was too late by then as she was just too worn out and in constant pain! Dealing with past, buried trauma is about the most mysterious, yet common element of human life and I just don't know why society is so pathetically IGNORANT about Original Pain work. It's as though holding in and DENYING our pain is some kind of noble accomplishment when it's about the worst things any culture can do in my opinion and is the basis of all crime and violence in the world! Oh well........there must be a reason that Divinity sets things up this way!!!!!!! I have no answer for it and I have done a LOT of Original Pain work!
As far as I am concerned, healing emotional pain is the most important aspect of life and yet the least honored.
Old 13-02-2017, 05:09 AM
Deactivated Account
Higher mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenifly
Also when we're giving readings it's spirits thoughts and wise words we are passing along, which is likely why you felt she was so amazing during readings, and so 'normal' when not doing readings. It wasn't her thoughts and words she was passing along, it was spirits.

IMO, it was always her giving the Reading but from a higher part of her self which we sometimes called by various names like: David, Rho, Nadine, Susie (her inner child) and Rene.......different names but still Irene in a different aspect or persona. Spiritual/mystical stuff can boggle the mind!!!

Quote:
Also a rocky past can make a Medium great, real life experiences will make a medium relatable and have a larger reference for Spirit to work with. having a rocky past I believe is beneficial to a Medium and their abilities, not a deterrent.
IMO, a "rocky past" can give a Reader more heart and empathy for the sad or hurting Sitter/Client and Irene was generally very kind to those who came to her - even mean and nasty skeptics. She always tried to HELP her clients and let them take something of value away like a large drawing and tape recording of the session.
Old 13-02-2017, 05:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 OUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
well im due in march to have my 32nd operation
Namaste
OUCH!
Old 13-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
My late wife would sometimes still be in "Trance" or altered after a client left our apartment and I'd ask her a few questions or just let her "come back down" when ready. She was pretty "normal" in both states but often felt worn out or drained after a Reading. I never understood why.

From my experience so far that's unusual, but it's interesting to hear. That said I have seen a few mediums who do take longer, when conducting trance mediumship, sometimes up to a couple of minutes, to return to "normal" than the rest of us.

I can completely understand the drained feeling. A circle will last no more than two hours but sometimes it can feel as exhausting conducting readings as doing half a days work on the tools.
It's not unusual for me to come home from a circle and eat a sandwich & a chocolate bar, that however is unusual for me, I don't like eating late in the evening and I don't like eating too much chocolate, but I crave the energy boost after an evening of reading.

Quote:
she always helped or uplifted her clients - except the angry or fearful skeptics!

Fear of the unknown is the worst fear of all to some people.

Quote:
Dealing with past, buried trauma is about the most mysterious, yet common element of human life and I just don't know why society is so pathetically IGNORANT about Original Pain work. It's as though holding in and DENYING our pain is some kind of noble accomplishment when it's about the worst things any culture can do in my opinion and is the basis of all crime and violence in the world!

I agree.

Quote:
As far as I am concerned, healing emotional pain is the most important aspect of life and yet the least honored.

Again, I totally agree.

Quote:
I am enjoying this discussion and getting some clarification and comfort from it.

That's good to hear
Old 13-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I was told many moons ago that mediums do suffer with health related issues more so than psychics.

I've heard this myself more than once & not so long back I met a couple of mediums who not only repeated this but were actually suffering various health problems they believed were caused by mediumship.
If this is a related "thing" it seems a little unfair. A medium does what they do to help others, only to suffer the consequences of doing so
Old 13-02-2017, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenifly

I agree. Having a varied life & lots of different experiences is defiantly a plus side, even if some of those experiences aren't what we'd like to have had.