Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-05-2019, 08:48 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Thanks, I'm not getting why they are laws though, I'm a little dense
I would call them Elements, do you mean Natural Laws?

Sure natural laws.
That would have been to easy for me.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Sure natural laws.
That would have been to easy for me.

Lucky you, some of us find things not so easy....
Old 09-05-2019, 09:12 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Lucky you, some of us find things not so easy....

I meant to easy to type.
You easily came up with it.

I just believe the mystery of it all and the not knowing is where the excitement in life is. Every day a brand new day that will mysteriously unfold.
Keeping an open mind to things revealed.
If all mystery was gone then all sickness and horrors people go through would be gone with the mystery.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I meant to easy to type.
You easily came up with it.

I just believe the mystery of it all and the not knowing is where the excitement in life is. Every day a brand new day that will mysteriously unfold.
Keeping an open mind to things revealed.
If all mystery was gone then all sickness and horrors people go through would be gone with the mystery.

The mystery is nothing more than ' Cause and effect '
Old 10-05-2019, 05:49 AM
Suspended

The greatest mystery of all is how these animals writing on this forum can think there are no mysteries. These human animals who are on a giant floating ball in an infinite space, whose life is dependant on a massive ball of burning gases, and on this massive burning ball burning at 27 million degrees Fahrenheit which we call the sun, each second about 700,000,000 tons of hydrogen are converted to about 695,000,000 tons of helium and 5,000,000 tons of energy in the form of gamma rays. This provides the conditions for life to continue on this planet and these human animals. We depend on the sun where Hydrogen atoms get compressed and fuse together, creating helium in a process which we call nuclear fusion.

Then down here on earth, where everything is made up of 99.9999% empty space with very small atoms and particles in them, we perceive all this mostly empty space with less than 1% particles as objects, We see sidewalks, trees, grass. We can walk on these things, feel them, smell them. touch them. Yet they are 99.9999% empty space. Then also these things are brought into our brains through our senses as waves. Light and sound waves. We don't perceive these light and sound waves though. No our brains translate these waves into perceptions using trillions of calculations a second. But yea no mysteries....???

Last edited by Rain95 : 10-05-2019 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:49 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

The others don't know it either..

You have complete freedom to continue telling yourself you are everyone and everything and are One with trillions of galaxies, and know all there is to know about these galaxies. I am entirely free to consider such beliefs ludicrous. I consider them delusions of grandeur committed by talking mammals who think they're somehow the main deal, the key species, bigger than gods and angels, to understand everything spiritually. Can't you see that such belief systems are a bit arrogant..?? Just because people experience bliss, peace, and timelessness in meditation and feel peace beyond that doesn't mean you can make the conclusions that you have..

Lets be a bit more humble and modest shall we..?

As usual, you are putting words in others' mouths, but that's OK... I'm OK with you believing what you do.

Feel free to consider other people ludicrous as well. I don't mind either.

JL
Old 10-05-2019, 06:52 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I do agree with you Altair. People in meditation get this feeling that they are one with everything and that they know everything. My opinion is that this experience is just a strong feeling. One meditates until one is overwhelmed by ones strong feelings of bliss. It does not make you God however.

Well we are fortunate that things don't depend on your, Altair's or my opinions. And unless you have experienced what the Ancients pointed to, there is nothing that says you, Altair, myself and others aren't the ones who are "delusional" - despite beliefs and thought systems.

As to God, I'm sure God can take care of God Honza
Old 10-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Well we are fortunate that things don't depend on your, Altair's or my opinions. And unless you have experienced what the Ancients pointed to, there is nothing that says you, Altair, myself and others aren't the ones who are "delusional" - despite beliefs and thought systems.

As to God, I'm sure God can take care of God Honza

Delusion can be quite overwhelming. I do not claim to know the truth. But there are those who claim they do. Who is more likely to be delusional?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
The greatest mystery of all is how these animals writing on this forum can think there are no mysteries.

People think they've figured ALL of it out... ''because the book'', ''because the guru..'', ''because the meditation..''

But I bet that everyone is just barely scratching the surface. Nobody knows the absolute truth, nobody understands God
Old 10-05-2019, 10:52 AM
Master
I think somewhat the original question of 'Is it fair to say that essentially God is a mystery''? has morphed in a way where if there was a God-realized individual then they should know the inns and outs of the universe.

It doesn't work like that . I heard a quote once where a similar question was asked of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj and he answered in such a way where he said why would I want to fill my head with such things .

So lets first stick to the original question in regards to whether God is a mystery .. and the answer is No, God is not a mystery in regards to there is God-Realization ..

Secondly from an individual perspective it could be asked if the individual knows everything about everything then I would say the answer is no .

Thirdly, if the questions was put across in such a way as ''is it possible for there to be answers to all questions relating to the workings of the universe'' then I would say yes, it is possible but all answers would be spread across the entire universe so to speak in regards to all that exist as individuals or collectives ..

x daz x