Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 22-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Master
Panspermia?

Green Plankton is found to be living on the outside of the the International Space Station.

They are wondering where it is sourced from, but, that isn't the real issue. Is it?

The real issue is that Plankton is living out in Space, on the side of the I.S.S. !
Reconsideration of the Panspermia theory is underway. Apparently, microbes also may survive travel on asteroids.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2730997/Are-ALL-aliens-Discovery-plankton-ISS-proof-life-Earth-came-outer-space-claims-scientist.html

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Master

It could of been some guy/girl not washing there hands before putting a peice of the I.S.S. togher . I would think they could look at the plankton's d.n.a. Any thing from some where else would probly have a much different d.n.a.
Old 24-08-2014, 01:37 AM
Master
Well Rat, they are saying it is marine plankton, or "Diatoms", specifically. But, that's not the point.
The point is, it is life out in space, in the space environment, alive.
Which is causing a retake on the validity of the Panspermia Theory.

That, life is possibly seeded on planets by the means of asteroids which hit them. Being carried thereon. From one planet to another by debris caused by impacts.

The question arises though, what about the heat generated on entering an atmosphere, but, I think the assertion is made that the microbes may be protected inside of the vehicle or body.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-09-2014, 08:55 PM
BlueTurtle

I read lots of popuar science books, and watch documentaries, simply for entertainment - to me it's more entertaining than soap operas or sport :P

So many now seem to be talking about panspermia with much more confidence - I saw an interesting one where they simulated in a lab, the trauma of an asteroid impact, and showed pretty conclusively that bacteria inside it, while 99% or more would be wiped out, that would still leave plenty of survivors to start reproducing once they'd landed.

They even found earth microbes on the moon, on one of the early landers - a camera on it had gotten some bacteria or something on it before launch - and a later Apollo mission landed nearby, and they retrieved the camera, that had been sat on the moon in a total vacuum with no atmospheric protection from radiaton - and when they got it back to earth, they found the microbes had survived, and started happily reproducing once they were back home.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Master
Yes, very interesting. Reminds me of that line in the movie, "Jurassic Park", where the character states that, "Life finds a way..!"

BTW, regarding that, the actor who plays the Professor or chief scientist and creator of the Park, Richard Attenborough recently passed on. His brother Sir David, who is the famous Naturalist, survives him.