Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 10-01-2011, 08:54 PM
green

Question tarot decks

Do you think all tarot decks are meant to be used, meant to be read from? or some decks are only decorative and more of works of art and something like a collector items?

Green
Old 11-01-2011, 06:48 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Green:

I believe They are all meant to be used.

I have found that the majority can be linked to the Ryder/Waite.

My personal favorite is the Dragon Tarot--although I now have (5) different Decks.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 11-01-2011, 07:03 PM
green

i agree Terra that most decks more or less linked to the Ryder/Waite, but some not.

for myself i just have some decks that i love very much but i can't use, they don't make any sense... if this makes sense. yes i use them sometimes for meditations and other things, but not for readings.

thanks for your answer

G
Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
tragblack

I'm sure there are decks for both purposes. However, I have never seen one that looked as if it was meant to be a display or collectors' item...
Old 11-01-2011, 07:31 PM
green

i can't remember the name at the moment, but few days ago i was in a shop and they had there a deck of tarot that was in black and white only. and the lady at the shop told me that this is a collector's item. ok. did't bought it though. but i must admit i have some decks at home that i can only admire the art work but nothing more then that.

maybe it is only me?

G
Old 15-01-2011, 05:38 AM
Madeine

I think they all should be used.... but not all decks click with all people, and not all people will click with all decks.... I have a feel for one of my decks that I just don't have for the other decks....
Old 15-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Mothwing

I only have two decks. The Ryder-Waite I use, and the other I bought only because one of my favorite artists created it (Royo). I've never used it because it doesn't call to me that way. I just like to look at it, hehe! So I think it depends on the user. All decks are intended for use, I think, but not everyone will use them. And that's okay.
Old 15-01-2011, 10:19 AM
green

i kind agree mothwing, at the end it is up to the user....

G
Old 15-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Uhmar

some decks are meant to be read intuitively..it is like reading a beautiful picture.

does the picture tell you a story...
does it evoke emotion or feelings within you
then apply all that to the person you are reading for and voila great reading

especailly in past present and future reading
Old 15-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Master
I started with the Rider-Waite tarot but to be honest, I found it hard work. Then my daughter bought me a birthday present, The Sacred Circle tarot which is based on Celtic Pagan Mythology and that hit the spot from day one. The artwork is stunning and uses a variety of real historical sites in the British Isles as background. The book that came with the tarot is A5 and over 300 pages. It describes the historical site and any associated stories, the mythology and symbolism, and divination meanings. Well worth a look !
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/sacred-circle/review.shtml