Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-01-2024, 12:33 AM
Master
Jesus literal return or spirit return?

I've heard some say that all souls must experience or go through death, and that one of the evidence that Jesus will literally return,
is that he has not yet died. This is one belief.

Others say that Jesus' return is meant as in his consciousness will return amongst human collective consciousness.

A literal return sound very epic to me. But often people's prediction don't always become reality. A rebirth of Jesus in the collective consciousness of humans is fine with me as well. I like both.

What do you think? One, both, neither?
Old 29-01-2024, 08:26 AM
Master

Everything I've read about the after life says we are in small soul groups. Maybe like 8 to 20ish. Each group has contact with maybe 10 or so higher teachers. We rarely see people higher than them. The "elders"... and I would guess there are those higher than them we will never see unless we evolve higher.

Assuming all humans have souls, and some don't come to earth anymore, I don't know maybe there are like 100 billion existing souls or so? Just making a guess. 8 billion on earth.

So I'm not sure what one is imagining Jesus is in all of that and what he is doing. How high, what level he resides in or on, what souls he has contact with. Is Jesus God, the highest level? or where I don't know.

How would one soul or God take care of 8 billion souls? Or 100 billion? Lets just count the souls on earth right now. There are 8 billion, if Jesus spent just 1 minute with each one it would take Jesus 15,216 years to get to spend one minute talking to each person. We die in like 100 years if we are lucky. How is Jesus talking to 8 billion souls? Millions at the same time? To just spend one minute with one billion souls would take 1,902 years. Lets see 500 million would take 950 years. 250 million = 475 years, 125 million = 237 years, so maybe one could spend one minute a lifetime (100 years) with about 61 million people. That's like the population of the UK.

Something else I wonder is do we have freedom in heaven to do what we want? Is Jesus forced to care for others all the time? Could he just chill and relax and I dunno sing songs or be by himself not worrying bout others. Even like God. Some say Jesus is God. Does God get a vacation? If God has to take care of us all the time, seems like we are in charge of God in a way.

I know some school teachers they get so burned out. Also, when their classes get bigger and bigger adding students it gets more and more stressful. Imagine you are Jesus and more and more souls keep getting made. Can he pass some off to someone else? Or would he be forced to answer to each one who prays to him? What do most of us want to do in heaven? What do we think we will be doing? Do we want a job helping those who are lost for eternity and more and more get added to our "class" or would we rather be laying down by an astral lake with a few we love enjoying a heavenly afternoon without a care in the world?

I want to be free in heaven to do whatever I like whenever I like with whoever I like lol. I would hope Gods or God is having a good time as they are the highest! Having fun. Teaching others, helping others can be fulfilling but would want to do it 24/7 with no time to themselves?
Old 29-01-2024, 08:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Jesus will literally return,

What do you think he has been doing the last 2000 years? Or where is he now and with who? Jesus told the apostles he would return during their life time. It's in Matthew I think. I don't remember the exact quote..oh here it is:

MATTHEW 24:34
KJ21
Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled.

He told them his second coming would take place before their lifetime was over.
Old 29-01-2024, 02:48 PM
Master

hi maisy well jesus said the 'comforter' would come in his absence... so someone is running around talking to people... i always assumed that contrary to popular opinion it was jesus himself lol...

anyway he says that in the end, many will come to him, and he will say 'be gone, for i knew you not'. So that kinda says, there are some people he won't talk to. Only it is not a matter of him not talking to them in my mind, as a matter of them not wanting to talk to him. They want what they want and that doesn't include having him in their life, despite all words they say contrarily to that... so... he just isn't going to visit people who don't want to see him.

So that says to me, your numbers are way off. If he doesn't visit simply everyone there is more time for each of those he does visit lol...

also in my view we are on a cycle rather than in linear time (the groundhogs day theme) so time doesn't quite work out as simply anyway...

another thing about generations... if a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day, and if again we reincarnate a lot, a 'generation' in a cosmic sense would be much longer than 30 or 60 years or whatever the number is these days.... it might be much much much longer at that...
Old 01-02-2024, 11:51 PM
Master
Yeah, I don't think God is a human to require sleep. God's breath is our spirit.
We require sleep to return to spirit.
But one who is in alignment with their spirit, requires no sleep.
No human can or has to be in alignment 100%, 100% of the time.
That is the job of Spirit.
We are here to expand greater allowed realisation of all that we do want to be do or have.
And that requires contrast, variety, relativity, duality, etc. But we don't have to suffer all the time. Or suffer at all even. We can realise all our desires while remaining mostly in joyful alignment with our spirit.

Most people are so used to suffering, that they don't even realise how much effort is required to suffer. It is way easier to simply allow unconditional love/joy, being in alignment with our spirit or greater non-physical Source Consciousness, which is always being pure positive energy.
But having never done so, it may seem difficult at first. Like changing any habbit requires some effort and focus. Thinking habbitually practiced energetic thought patterns of unconditional love/joy, requires some consistent effort and focus. But once those thoughts grow, it becomes easier and easier. And eventually habbitual. Like a constant happiness generator running on automatic.

Many things which are out of alignment has to be let go. So we can more fully more easily and effortlessly maintain our connection with God Source. We are always connected, undisconnectable. But we have variables of allowance/resistance, alignment/misalignment, positive/negative emotions indicating those for us. As primary indicators. And manifestations being secondary indicators.
So the leverage is to feel emotionally better, think about feeling emotionally good/joy.
The more attention we give that, consistently focus on it. The more the habbitually practiced energetic thought pattern expands and results in primary manifestational indicator of alignment, as good feeling emotions.
Old 04-02-2024, 01:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Jesus told the apostles he would return during their life time. It's in Matthew I think. I don't remember the exact quote..oh here it is:
MATTHEW 24:34
KJ21
Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled.
He told them his second coming would take place before their lifetime was over.
If you read Matthew 24:3, Jesus' disciples asked a compound question. It reads:

As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, (1st question) and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” (2nd question) .

Don't feel bad: I suspect most people have a hard time recognizing compound questions.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-02-2024, 02:15 AM
This topic is being brought up quite often lately. I wonder why?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-02-2024, 04:59 AM
Master
Quote:
"" The Coming of the Son of Man
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
""

Sounds like He's going to come visit earth on a giant spaceship.
Old 04-02-2024, 05:09 AM
Master
Jesus literal return, or spirit return?

"Saul, of Tarsus" a man who was prosecuting Jesus' followers, had his trip to Damascus, in present day Syria, interrupted by none other then Jesus. Jesus had already been crucified so we might want to reflect on that 'meeting' as it relates to the original poster's question.

As for that abrupt meeting: it changed "Saul, of Tarsus". Because of that event and how it changed his heart, instead of being a persecutor of Christians, he is known today by some as Saint Paul and by some others as Apostle Paul.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 04-02-2024 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
[b][color="Indigo"] Jesus literal return, or spirit...
... as Apostle Paul.
Yes, I heard it said that one of the proofs that Jesus will literally return, is that every soul MUST die or go through death. And since Jesus has not yet died, as his soul was taken to heaven, after someone who was not Jesus, but resembles Jesus, was crucified. Meaning Jesus has to return to earth to live and die eventually.

But this believe does not worship God as humans, obviously, it assumes that Jesus is a human being.

It's one theory I've heard about.

Most nonduality speakers say that the absolute is definitely not a human being. Infact, some go as far as to say, that the absolute is not even a consciousness. But that is one of the three different approaches to God.

There is the idea that God literally manifested as Jesus Christ in human flesh.
Some say that an archetype of God manifested.
And some say that God is never going to manifest, but everything is connected or extension or breath of God. And God being a non human entity, with either free will or no free will, depending on perspective.