Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 12-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Experiencer
Question Tower reversed - help interpreting?

So I did a simple, past present future tarot reading (drew the cards online though, I'm never sure how "accurate" online readings can be, but since you get to select the cards, I figure it must still hold its purpose... Only major arcanes were available for the reading, not the entire deck).

I need help interpreting... this doesn't look promising at all, seems like I'm in for another big upset and not out of the woods :(

I asked about the likeliness of something happening and of it being desirable, lovely, successful (something I would like to happen, but that I don't have much hope for... not sure it would be for my higher good either, so I figured the cards could even tell me if it is likely/desirable).

I got the World reversed (past), The Star (present) and the Tower reversed (future).

The world reversed makes sense to me in the past (including recent past). I see the rest of the reading as having to let go of these hopes, as they are from the ego and not from my higher-self/for my highest good. To just accept the changes that happened and to move forward to something new, that could be better for me. I have a hard time accepting changes, ugh....

On another note, could it mean that I need to start thinking more positively and to work on my self-esteem for things to start working in that area? (Thus, no, not likely to happen and/or to bring satisfaction/happiness unless I become more confident?). I'm thinking maybe more the first interpretation is the right one though, as I've had the reversed hangman and reversed hierophant for a similar question pertaining to that, recently....

What do you think?
I hate the Tower card! And I'm never sure how to interpret it in reverse.
Kinda new at the tarot still, I usually use oracle cards.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Pamuya

The World reversed in the past...unfinished business. Things did not turn out as you had hoped. The Star is putting yourself in the spotlight, working on yourself. Your hopes, your dreams. The Tower reversed for future is something is going to happen that will get your attention and alter your course. Not as strong as the Tower upright, but it will change your view on things. The Tower does not have to be something as you view as bad, it is a wake up call, something that effects ego, and the walls you have built up around you.

Try not to view cards in a positive or negative light, it may effect your ability to see a message that the cards may be sending. Blocking your intuition. Just a friendly suggestion.
Old 13-12-2013, 02:30 AM
Master

The World reversed often indicates an incomplete journey to me. My teacher described it like going on a big hike, and collapsing on a nearby bench because you don't think you can go any further, and then you look up and cringe because it's obvious there's more ahead haha. The important thing to remember is that you CAN complete the journey - you just don't feel like you can. The lesson is to learn how to muster up your faith in yourself and soldier on.

The Star is very much a love and light card to me - I tend to visualise it as a bright star in the sky that inspires artists and guides people where to go in life. It frequently also shows up in my readings as a 'healing' card, usually after times when my self-esteem is very low and I need to rebuild.

Tower reversed usually indicates to me that the spirit is trying to lead you in one direction, but you want to go in another (kind of like a horse fighting the bit). If the tower upright is like the Spirit backhanding you to where you need to be (whether you are prepared or not), the tower reversed is like Spirit grumbling but giving you an opportunity to work your way out of the mess by yourself. I used to be terrified of the Tower card until someone described it to me with a focus not on the building crumbling, but on the brilliant white light that represents the direct intervention of the spirit. The good news is that it is the ONLY card in the Tarot where spirit directly intervenes, the bad news is that it's usually an uncomfortable experience because we've gone to so much effort to build up our belief structures and it's always a shock to have them come down. Does that help? :)
Old 13-12-2013, 03:00 AM
Experiencer
Thank you so much guys.... The world reversed is absolutely spot on... I was given the chance, a few times, to have what I want but I self-destruct, I run away, by feeling I'm not good enough and sensing I'll get hurt. Then I regret, but the damage is done. The same thing has happened every time I am given another chance (although I believe I had some good reasons to feel this way... at least originally). In hindsight, if I tried to tolerate the discomfort a bit longer and had more faith in myself and in the possibility of a positive outcome, it might have worked out for the best... quitting just before finishing the race? But maybe not, it's so hard to tell if it's mainly my insecurities that are the problem, or if it just wasn't right for me to begin with.

Does it look like I'll have yet ANOTHER chance to try it out again (even though it's so uncomfortable and stressful... uncertainty of outcome, not knowing if the hard work and pain is gonna be worth it in the end or not, is hard to tolerate too)? I feel like I was given too many chances already...
Old 15-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Master

I'm a big believer that we can change our own destinies. Tarot can be a powerful tool but you must also learn to ask the right questions. Eg, instead of "what does the future hold for me in terms of ___" or "what will the outcome be if I ____", you can actually ask things like "how can I best work on ____?" or "How can I best prepare for my next ____"?

Hope this helps :)
Old 15-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Neville

The Tower traditionally (though I accept it gets a lot of bad press) is about the sweeping away, quiet suddenly of old and established ways and situations.

The tower itself is quiet an old edifice anyway and if the lightning had not of struck it, it would have most likely crumbled under the weight of it's own old and decaying fabric.

So we are looking at a situation that was crumbling anyway, The positive aspects of the tower...(And I do accept the shock, trauma and disorientation of this influence,)....Is that it Feng Shui's the whole business and provides for a blank canvas on which to build afresh. It really is the possibility to make a Phoenix rise out of the ashes and to start anew.

When reversed however, It means that there is not yet this realization and one is still feeling imobilized, numbed, stunned even, by the sudden events of the Tower, to me it is , a sense that the possibility of this event was present and known of but it is still a shock when it happens.

Climbing out of the Ruins however will provide for breathing the clean air , seeing the Sunshine and a New Landscape to explore and journey through,

Very often in Tarot the Tower sweeps away the Devil and is akin to Death and often pressages the Fool and maybe even the Sun, Look to your World Card for further evidence of a completion to a situation that was not the conclusion you would have perhaps hoped for (because it is reversed)

Time to move forward and to move forward a lot lighter of step as previous situations that were possibly weighing you down have now been destroyed.
Old 15-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Experiencer
Thanks guys, makes a lot of sense and very useful :) Time to move forward to the next journey... whatever it maybe.
Old 15-12-2013, 11:50 PM
pgrundy

Is this about a love interest?

The replies here are so excellent, I would just agree with all of them, great advice. I just wanted to tell you that as I read your initial post all I could hear was "That guy is not for you."

If this is way off base, feel free to ignore it!

I have DCA--Dysfunctional Clairvoyant Abilities.
Old 16-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Experiencer
Lol, pgrundy. You're right, it was about a love interest. We had only been dating since summer, but there was a lot of pushing and pulling on his end, and he is a bit shallow, though a very good guy. The things he would say would make me feel very insecure, and he has unresolved issues of his own.

We broke up in october, but he didnt feel sure about the break up... more pushing and pulling on his end, then he wanted to try again (I also felt we had a real great talk about what hadn't been working) but nothing had changed and I still felt very unhappy, didn't know where I stood with him... I ended up snapping and I just let everything out, not in a nice way, I had enough. We broke up for good 2 weeks ago (a week after he wanted a fresh start).

From the begining I felt I knew he wasn't for me, but I so wanted him to be because even after all of this he is a good person and I liked him a lot and I felt he cared a lot too... but we had different needs and values. Without going into details he hurt me and my self esteem a lot without wanting to (he would never hurt anyone on purpose, emotionally or otherwise). There is a real beauty to this person, inside and out, and I still hoped somehow things could eventually work, but I know I would probably always feel insecure with him. There has to be better for me out there, somewhere :(
Old 16-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Pamuya

You coud see it that way, or accept ths person as they are, do not think you can change them... beauty and the beast is a fable, a beast is a beast, accept them for who they are or move on. Not saying in this case they are a beast just saying this is as good as it gets. It all depends how far you are willing to compromise, or love them as they are, or move on.

We were posting at the same time. Good luck to you.