Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 18-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Guide

Crystals that you once had an aversion to but now like?

I've been collecting crystals and stones for a long time now and looking back I couldn't help noticing that the ones that I had some kind of light aversion to or just didn't interest me at all at the time are now attractive to me in a way.

Smoky Quartz was always a stone that never held any interest and I even disliked it but right now the stone really does attract me in a way, there is a pull somehow. A stone that is very attractive to a lot of people like Labradorite does nothing to me though. I can see that its' a very beautiful stone but it just doesn't resonate with me. At all. Hematite as well. I wonder if that will change in time.

I wonder if some of you have had the same experience, that as we change sometimes how we feel with certain stones changes as well.
Old 18-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Master
I understand what you mean.

I am usually not very fond of rose quartz normally but have found I love rough specimens.

Lately I am not fond of photos of amethyst but I am considering that in person my fondness level may change.

Smokey quartz has always been a favorite of mine, with an Earth astrological sign, and having personal experience in finding it as a child and again recently.

Actually I love smokey quartz and do not think this will ever change.

Yes though personally I do have experience with what you speak and have found personally my own likes and dislikes with stones change periodically as well even in the case of disliking something during one period and then growing into it the next or falling out of fondness.
Old 18-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Administrator
Hello

Both Smokey Quartz and Hematite are crystals that you have to give them time to work with you. They are two of the more powerful stones, you just needed the time to catch up to them is all.

With hematite not all can wear it, it is a crystal that can leave a a mark on open skin.

Those are two of my favorites I have a smokey quartz healing wand and lots of hematite laying around the house.

I too have had some that I have come to appreciate that I never liked. Amethyst is one of them, I was like OK common OK pretty as a tower, but that is that. Then I got a huge raw geode of Amethyst that needed a lot of cleansing and healing. Now its a stone that I have lots of in raw form laying around the house. Its one I too look for when I am out shopping.

Lynn
Old 19-08-2018, 08:39 AM
Guide

Hi Saturninepluto and Lynn, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Interesting you both love Smokey Quartz so much. I've been wearing a pendant for a day and intent to wear it longer to see hows it feels.

I noticed that so many people, especially young people, are absolutely in love with Labradorite. Still wondering why I'm not attracted to it even though I can see it's a beautiful stone.
Old 19-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Experiencer
what about the opposite of this?

i once was inlove with my yellow calcite, but now i don't know what to think anymore, I think it may make me think of bad things scenarios digging.... i know its tied with mental skills but meh.. might be just a very weird amplifier stone. it does amplify a lot in a weird way.
Old 25-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Guide

That happens too from time to time. Best to clean it and put it away for a while, you might be attracted to it in a later stage of your life. I've always been a fan of Lapis Lazuli but recently the pull just isn't there anymore as strong as it once was although I still recognise its' beauty.