Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 08-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Master
I think because our early Ancestors depended on nature for their survival men started to form beliefs/religions around it.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I think because our early Ancestors depended on nature for their survival men started to form beliefs/religions around it.
Yes, that is part of it. But not the whole story IMO. There is an identifiable element in every religion, and every philosophy, that is recognizable as higher truth, from a higher source of inspired understanding, that pertains to collective humanity.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Master
Also sky... one would have to believe the standard scientific theory of primitive civilizations, if one is to believe that it's just about our early ancestors. Whereas there are spiritual theories that identify the human hierarchy as having "been around" for tens of millions of years. For eons. The echoes of the human hierarchies' infinite, eternal and timeless relationship with spirit, comes through here and there, in bits and pieces, in all of the various religions' scriptures. Like intermittent voices between radio static, broadcast from a faraway planetary system.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Master
So why do the western and eastern religions differ so much? The difference is noticeable. It is like a contrast.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
So why do the western and eastern religions differ so much? The difference is noticeable. It is like a contrast.
One spiritual theory is that human consciousness is always evolving. Eastern belief is from a time when the human being was much closer to spirit in their consciousness, and lived in a kind of spirit-like dream state. Nirvana consciousness, you could call it.

Whereas western belief is the next step in awakened human consciousness. This is where the Adam-Eve story comes into play. That story was about our human collective evolving out of and away from that ancient dream state -- being kicked out of the Nirvana dream garden -- into a more awakened state of consciousness.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Also sky... one would have to believe the standard scientific theory of primitive civilizations, if one is to believe that it's just about our early ancestors. Whereas there are spiritual theories that identify the human hierarchy as having "been around" for tens of millions of years. For eons. The echoes of the human hierarchies' infinite, eternal and timeless relationship with spirit, comes through here and there, in bits and pieces, in all of the various religions' scriptures. Like intermittent voices between radio static, broadcast from a faraway planetary system.

What do you think about beliefs being in our DNA ?
Old 08-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Master
Quote:
What do you think about beliefs being in our DNA ?
I have not studied that so I can't say. My general sense about many modern spiritual and new-age theories -- stuff you find on YouTube and such -- is that they take a physical-material approach to explaining what essentially is inexplicable spiritual phenomena. But like religion, science is helpful in coming to higher spiritual understandings of life. So I try to keep my mind open.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I have not studied that so I can't say. My general sense about many modern spiritual and new-age theories -- stuff you find on YouTube and such -- is that they take a physical-material approach to explaining what essentially is inexplicable spiritual phenomena. But like religion, science is helpful in coming to higher spiritual understandings of life. So I try to keep my mind open.

I was reading some scientific research on DNA and scientist are now saying that some of our ancestors memories are in our DNA... It was just a thought about beliefs, I also have an open mind, who knows
Old 08-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
I was reading some scientific research on DNA and scientist are now saying that some of our ancestors memories are in our DNA.
Good example. See, I would say it's more about our soul and karmic memories. Memories that are tied to, and even shared with, other souls... souls we have had karmic ties to, either currently or in the past. And souls that are currently incarnated, as well as souls that are now in the spirit realms.

Another theory I have come across is that souls have soul families that tend to incarnate together, or act as guides for their incarnated soul family members. And so in a very real way, "ancestor memories in our DNA" has some validity if one believes in soul families that have incarnated together over many centuries.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

are you familiar with Joseph Campbell? he was "best known for his work in
comparative [not contrasting] mythology and comparative religion".

"Campbell's concept of monomyth (one myth) refers to the theory that sees
all mythic narratives as variations of a single great story."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Campbell