Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 13-09-2015, 08:12 AM
Ivy

Death is not the end, or a scary being, or even a negative. We constantly experience death of our old self and way of life and re-birth to a new part of life and new discoveries of ourselves.

If it helps, I've had visions of death throughout my adult life... and I'm still here in my forties. But each time I've had those visions, I've looked at what my fears are - they are more often about leaving the people that I truly love or of seeing my loved ones hurting, than about death itself. So that apparent fear of death has led me to appreciate the love in life.

Digestive problems and shortness of breath are common symptoms of numerous conditions as well as stress. So it may take doctor's a while to find what the cause is, but don't let them stop trying. Have you been for allergy testing (a pin prick test up your arm usually)?
Old 29-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Okay L.C.... When a person endures through significant internal growth and goes through a spiritual awakening - at the latter stages of the process there is a very real sense that one's former identity (the sense of self that was rooted in the infleunce of the physical/egoic mind) is dissolving and fading away. This can create the feeling that you are losing yourself (which is really your old self, your old way of being). In this specific context, it is natural for an individual to experience the impression that one is 'dying', or that there will be an impending 'death'. Sometimes individuals will experience messages/signs in dreams, other times it's just the straightforward impression that it feels like this will be so, or in your case, through synchronicities delivering the message. However, it's important to note that under these circumstances, the perception that one is going to experience physical death is illusory - that's just the way that the physical mind influences you to interpret such feelings. Rather, there is the very real experience of psychospiritual 'death', or 'ego death' - in which nothing happens to the physical body itself, but there is a transformative 'shift' to one's state of awareness (state of being), and the individual transcends his/her former identification with the physical/egoic mind as a source of one's sense of self. So the messages/impressions that one was going to 'die' can be interpreted as symbolic and as a byproduct of one approaching the threshold where conscious identification with the physical body (and physical mind) is risen above (transcended). Here are some relevant quotes...

"However, the spiritual birth does not have to be associated with the death of the body. It can occur at any time in the course of deep self-exploration or even during a spontaneous psychospiritual crisis (spiritual emergency). It is then a purely symbolic event, an “ego death,” or “dying before dying,” which does not involve any biological damage. Abraham à Sancta Clara, a seventeenth-century German Augustinian monk, summed it up in one sentence when he wrote: “The man who dies before he dies, does not die when he dies.” ~ The Cosmic Game (Stanislav Grof M.D.)

"Death is the stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to die before you die - and find that there is no death." ~ The Power Of Now (Eckhart Tolle)

"Ultimately, through the process of spiritual development, we are seeking to transcend the ego, the limited sense of self. This can, however, be a terrifying process for the ego, and for us, because we are so identified with the ego. As we start to move into transpersonal levels of consciousness, the ego senses there is no place for it. The fear of dying that many experience when going through spiritual emergency is largely the ego’s fear of being extinguished. It is very easy, in such extreme states, to confuse psychological or ego death with physical death. Hence the danger of physically dying can feel all too real and we can become preoccupied with our own death." ~ In Case Of Spiritual Emergency (Catherine Lucas)

"As we are clearing these old programs by letting them emerge into consciousness, they are losing their emotional charge and are, in a sense, dying. But we are so identified with them that approaching the moment of the ego death feels like the end of our existence, or even like the end of the world. As frightening as this process is, it is actually very healing and transforming. However, paradoxically, while only a small step separates us from an experience of radical liberation, we have a sense of all-pervading anxiety with impending catastrophe of enormous proportions. What is actually dying in this process is the false ego that, up to this point in our life, we have mistaken for our true self. While we are losing all the reference points we know, we have no idea what is on the other side, or even if there is anything there at all. This fear tends to create enormous resistance to continue and complete the experience. As a result, without appropriate guidance many people can remain psychologically stuck in this problematic territory. Following the experience of psychospiritual death and rebirth, we feel redeemed and blessed, experience ecstatic rapture, and have a sense of reclaiming our divine nature and cosmic status. We are overcome by a surge of positive emotions towards ourselves, other people, nature, and existence in general." ~ The Stormy Search For The Self (Stanislav Grof M.D.)

Let me know if any of this helps or speaks to what you are experiencing...

~WOLF

Wow. This is very interesting. I'm glad i read this thread.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 29-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Deactivated Account

Death signals the end of something. But every end has a new beginning. It is likely symbolic for a situation in your life right now, rather than literal.

And like Wolfgaze said, right before my own spiritual transformation I was convinced I was dying from rabies. But I was fine.