Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 25-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Knower

What do butterflies mean?

The last week or so I keep finding butterflies in my kitchen or sometimes dining room every day. This just doesn't happen normally. I never see them come in I just find them there. I'm always helping them out and then often I will find another one. They are all the same species but some are bigger or smaller.
Although I'm not into totems and signs I was just wondering what they mean.
Old 25-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Guide
Butterflies normally represent rebirth, new beginnings.
Old 25-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Master
Is the species the 'Admiral' butterfly ?
Old 25-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Seeker

Buterflies are often a sign that angels are near by :)
Old 25-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Suspended
Butterflies represent significant changes ahead.
Old 25-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Master

Spiritually the butterfly is always a fortuitous sign.

On the earth level, its just butterflies having been awoken early from their slumber by a brief burst of winter sunshine.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 25-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Everly

Beautiful responses! Butterflies can mean all the things posted so far...and probably more. But what you might also consider is this: What do they mean to you? You, not anyone else.

It's easy to look up generalized symbolism, but ultimately, we have to think for ourselves and trust what we get. No matter how silly something can seem at first, ponder what things mean to you. You can start with popular symbolism, and perhaps that's what will resonate. But if not, you have to look within and figure out what something means to you. And most importantly, you have to be open to change...the meaning of a thing to you might change over time, so be open to it.

(I love butterflies. What a shame we are killing so many beings who share this planet with us...butterflies, bees, birds...I wonder when we will truly respect all the life on this little rock we live on.)
Old 27-02-2015, 03:15 AM
Knower

Yes..lovely responses. Thank you all.
Everly ,I also get a lot of bees here when one of my trees blooms , thousands, for about a week(?) It's a really loud constant hum.

KnightofAlbion , Thank you ,it's summer here , I'm in North Queensland.:)

Tristan, the butterflies are common species here.
Here's a link.I think it's the same species , or if not ,it's very similar.

http://rainforest-australia.com/Common_Eggfly.htm

I didn't find another butterfly in my kitchen again this morning , but when I went outside. I saw one fluttering at the window , as if trying to get in. I wonder why?
Old 27-02-2015, 04:07 AM
Master
Hi Fairfre ,I posted today on the spirituality thread my Butterfly healing story. I truly think I may have been one and my daughters and grandaughters are Fairys. Deepsoul. My grandaughters name is Feridy.............I too am in QLD near Brisy!
Old 27-02-2015, 10:53 PM
Knower

Hello fellow Queenslander ,Deepsoul

I will check out your story.