Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Master

The "Pike" quote - that's from a BBC serial from about 30 years ago - Dad's Army. The setting is the homeguard in WW2 in a very small village and the captain of the platoon is very self-important and takes it hugely seriously, that they will be responsible for defeating the Germans. The platoon is made up of very motley and mostly somewhat geriatric folk. One day the Germans find themselves invading and reach our friends doing their drill and pick on the hapless Pike (who is very very wet and about 17 and asks him his name. To which the captain says bossily "don't tell him Pike". The Germans duly note that in their book.

The humour may well be lost for that specific joke not knowing the BBC series and also it was very specific to the characters who made it more funny.

As for laughter, the spirits love to play, they love joy and gladness. yes they comfort and surround us in sadness but they desire for us to be happy. So yes, tell your dad funny stories of what you did when you were a kid, memories that are specific to you or him.

And, I'm so happy that you have a joy when you see his pictures. I look at dad and smile rather sadly.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Raven Poet

Okay, seriously - please don't take this as the rantings of some insane old woman (or do, but I won't believe it! Ha ha)

I am currently experiencing grief over having to let go of an Elder I love; and just last night as I was visiting with him and his wife in the hospital, I told them how I wished my Dad would contact me now and then, just to say
hello.

And as I am processing my sadness about my Elder today, the phone rings ... no sound on the other end. That has not happened for months.

Coincidence? Right now, I am saying: Not! Instead, I said into the phone: Hi, Ni PaaPaa!
Old 13-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Ecthalion

Can't you dial 1471 to find out who rang you? I realise this may be a British thing but don't they have a similar service in Canada?
Old 13-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Seeker
Hello! For me there's no doubt that it's your father who contacted you through phone.. Last year I experienced while praying daily for my deceased loved ones (more than 20 of them) in a continuous basis for almost a month, there was one day that I received a text message "thank you for your continued support" in bold letters, sent by " no number" ...it made me smile because I knew from my heart that it came from the other side :)
Old 14-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Can't you dial 1471 to find out who rang you? I realise this may be a British thing but don't they have a similar service in Canada?
Do you think the phone companies are wired into the afterlife world??
Old 14-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlady
Hello! For me there's no doubt that it's your father who contacted you through phone.. Last year I experienced while praying daily for my deceased loved ones (more than 20 of them) in a continuous basis for almost a month, there was one day that I received a text message "thank you for your continued support" in bold letters, sent by " no number" ...it made me smile because I knew from my heart that it came from the other side :)
Thanks Sweetlady! That's a really cool experience - wow!
Old 15-04-2014, 04:35 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
Do you think the phone companies are wired into the afterlife world??
Maybe. But if it was a wrong number or a junk call this would settle the matter.
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago and according to BT no call was received, which supported a supernatural event. If I hadn't checked then I would be more likely to put it down to a human origin.
Old 15-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Knower

I worked for this woman and she had a phone that she could not get to work. She ask me if I could check it out to see what was wrong with it. I put it on my night stand at home and didn't have time to check it out. A couple of mornings later...I wake up to that phone ringing. I didn't bother checking to see who called. It was not plugged in. When I went to work the next day at her house...she had died.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Knower

Sometimes at night I will listen to music on Pandora. Instead of shutting down the laptop all the way off I tend to most times just close lid. The music will stop playing within a few seconds; between the hours of 630am to 800am, the music will play for a few seconds as if I had the lid up and then stop. My ex used to normally get up between those hours to start his day when he was alive. It doesn't do it during the day at all. It tends to wake me up. I will just say "have a good day" and go back to sleep.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:08 AM
SpiritAngel

Think you're looking to much into this, no answer on a phone doesn't mean its related to spirits.

As a member said you can get silent calls and they are a automatic dialler from a database (usually india) and the call stays silent until a agent takes the call which is an illegal practice.

Plus you get idiots who like to dial random numbers and not answer.