Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-04-2014, 01:26 AM
Mazulu

Evidence for the existence of ghosts

In electronics/(signals and systems) there is a concept of Signal to Noise ratio. It means that the strength of a signal is taken as the ratio of the signal to the noise. If there is a lot of noise, then you have to boost the signal. I think that is what is happening with the long sought after proof of the afterlife.

There is quite good evidence of ghosts and othe paranormal phenomena. But there is way too much noise. By noise, I'm referring to a laundry list of things like
-psychics who are just not very good,
-people who give some evidence and then follow it up by saying something absolutely crazy
-people who give messages that are not backed by scientific evidence, etc...

For these people, it's not their fault. They do the best they can which is all we can ask.

Then sometimes there are paranormal experiences that are so strange and so bizarre that skeptics mistakenly believe their story is impossible.

Then there are also the pranks, hoaxes, and disparaging jokes that make the rational skeptic lose hope. This third category I find offensive because it undermines the credibility of real legitimate phenomena through no fault of their own.

So to those who don't believe in paranormal activity because of all the noise, I'm afraid you'll just have to be cheated out of the benefits of belief and knowledge of the paranormal.

Edited by SF Staff
Old 13-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Djurplagare89

Somewhat real sceptic and sometime I just cannot see a logic sense, our brain is a mystery though we can see/hear/sense things that arent existing, from memory defrag our senses are getting mixed up with old memories. Also seeing a person while laying in your bed paralized has its explanation.
Some psychics are just using Cold Reading in order to feed themselves of info without the person noticing, I know some and all they want is MONEY! I dont think anyone can contact a spirit, theyll contact you and thats final. If they feel like it.

I havent had as many spirit contacts other than my father and grand granmother, my father stayed after his death in my childhood house, he was watching us as we could feel his presense, saw him sitting in the kitchen reading the newspaper every morning for years, he was a mailman so he woke up at 3 am. He also loved to tickle me under my feet when I was asleep, that was real annoying but it kept happening.
Nowadays I dont have any activity rather than I can see a dark shadow looking at me, but that could be a hallucination, then I would sense something also but its nothing really.

You have to keep a distance between brain influent experience and paranormal activity, sometime we seem getting it mixed.
Old 13-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djurplagare89
Somewhat real sceptic and sometime I just cannot see a logic sense, our brain is a mystery though we can see/hear/sense things that arent existing, from memory defrag our senses are getting mixed up with old memories. Also seeing a person while laying in your bed paralized has its explanation.
Some psychics are just using Cold Reading in order to feed themselves of info without the person noticing, I know some and all they want is MONEY! I dont think anyone can contact a spirit, theyll contact you and thats final. If they feel like it.

I havent had as many spirit contacts other than my father and grand granmother, my father stayed after his death in my childhood house, he was watching us as we could feel his presense, saw him sitting in the kitchen reading the newspaper every morning for years, he was a mailman so he woke up at 3 am. He also loved to tickle me under my feet when I was asleep, that was real annoying but it kept happening.
Nowadays I dont have any activity rather than I can see a dark shadow looking at me, but that could be a hallucination, then I would sense something also but its nothing really.

You have to keep a distance between brain influent experience and paranormal activity, sometime we seem getting it mixed.
I certainly agree that spirits will come around you if they want to or not if they don't. I certainly agree that there are psychics who use cold reading because their spirit helper, being invisible, snuck off and is doing something else. :(

I believe that spirits can create shadows. I've been toying with a theory that goes something like this. Our 100 trillion cells have their own life force that connects to our spirit/soul. When we die, that life force leaves the physical body and goes with the spirit. Eventually this life force of the cells will be shed and we will go into the light. But until then I think that the cellular life force to become slightly opaque and absorb some light. The result would be a shadow entity. Therefore, if you're seeing a shadow entity, it could be that the spirit has not shed their cellular life force. I'm not sure if this hypothesized cellular life force is the astral body or how it all fits together.

I ownly know that the origin of the laws of physics seem to come from a mysterious inner realm.
Old 15-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Master

There was a very knowledgable man that died in the late 1800s . After death he gave bits and pices of what he knew to psychics from all over the world that he had not known him while he was alive . It was only when all the psychics got togher that they knew who had given them the info . More a story of life after death than proof of a ghost , and its not 100 % proof , but its good enough for me . If I find some links on the story I will post them .
Old 09-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Knower
You might want to check out the spirits book or the mediums book both by allan kardec.