Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 02-05-2014, 06:34 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClover
Minuet,Mozart,Beethhoven. My kids got me into it because it's a big money market in the children items. It amazes me how easy it puts babies to sleep.

Here are a few I recommend. When you start listening to them over and over,its pretty powerful and infectious

Debussy Clair de Lune (a personal fav)
moonlight sonata
Bach- minuet in G major
Canon in D

I'll go along with movements I & 2 of the Moonlight Sonata but the 3rd...I'm sure he wrote that to annoy the neighbours!! (Perhaps I'm saying that because I've never been able to play it, not well, anyway).

The Andante from Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony is rather beautiful.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Lorelyen

I surprise myself that I'm not much of a fan of Mozart but I would recommend his Eine Kleine Nacthmusik any time for peaceful background listening that still has some energy. His Horn Concertos are pretty nice too.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I'll go along with movements I & 2 of the Moonlight Sonata but the 3rd...I'm sure he wrote that to annoy the neighbours!! (Perhaps I'm saying that because I've never been able to play it, not well, anyway).

The Andante from Tchaikovsky's Fifth Symphony is rather beautiful.

Oh I adored Moonlight and smugly I could play it - but Pathetique defeated me.

I don't know much Tchaikovsky but I'm taking the time to listen to classical music in the car when I'm on my own. This evening it was Mozart 23 Piano concerto and it took me back years and years - evocative.

One piece of music that makes me weep strangely is Harmonious Blacksmith. I'm not sure why.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Oh I adored Moonlight and smugly I could play it - but Pathetique defeated me.

I don't know much Tchaikovsky but I'm taking the time to listen to classical music in the car when I'm on my own. This evening it was Mozart 23 Piano concerto and it took me back years and years - evocative.

One piece of music that makes me weep strangely is Harmonious Blacksmith. I'm not sure why.

Not sure if I should envy you (re Moonlight, last movement) - I suppose I could play it if I bothered to practice! I just find it grates after that beautiful first movement and the scherzo. I'm not much of a pianist - I do a bit of lounge-styled jazz at receptions and events but no matter, it is so 'therapeutic' to play, don't you think? At one moment, relaxing, at another a release of all those pent-up energies!

Here's one of my takes of Blue Moon, if you happen to be interested!
Somewhat laid back. Well, it pulls in a bit of extra cash here and there!

https://soundcloud.com/absinthes-music/blue-moon

Old 03-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Here's one of my takes of Blue Moon, if you happen to be interested!
Somewhat laid back. Well, it pulls in a bit of extra cash here and there!

https://soundcloud.com/absinthes-music/blue-moon

Ooooooooooh this is lovely. I just need a cocktail and long swishy dress.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Suspended
I've been listening to Mozart quite a bit this past week. Very loud with headphones. Incredible how a bit of volume makes such a difference. Makes me pretend to be the conductor!
Old 03-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Suspended
Lorelyen - I'm now listening to When I Fall in Love - one of my favourites - you do it beautifully.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Lorelyen

You are most kind! Thank you.

Those were takes in a studio or my parents' home.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Master
Very lovely, Lorelyen...bravo!
Old 27-05-2014, 07:35 PM
kenowe

is very important for a baby Preview this music