Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 23-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Vie Belle

Selection Help

I am interested in stones you all think might be helpful for he following:

A young Gemini (cusp of Cancer) who experiences mood swings and seasonal effective disorder. He also would like both additional energy and calming, as well as focus and a more positive outlook.

I know that's quite a list. Any suggestions?
Old 24-05-2013, 12:29 AM
bleepjk

Maybe some lithium quartz and some heliodor.
Old 24-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Vie Belle

Thanks bleepjk. I will definitely look into those. He is a very special young man with many gifts for the world. Some of these traits impede those abilities.
Old 24-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Experiencer

I thought about responding to this thread earlier but was hesitant. I recently got several kinds of stones for someone and discovered she couldn't tolerate many of them. Her energy field is quite dense, I've been told by a friend, and that's why she can't handle the stones with higher frequency. She gets wonderful relief from earthy stones such as bloodstone, ocean jasper, and black tourmaline. This person is in a lot of physical pain and the above stones bring miraculous respite.

I myself can't handle tiger's eye. It is too powerful for me. Even a little tiny stone bothers me. It makes the hand that holds it ache...and the aching persists, even when I put the stone down. I've been told that I actually need tiger's eye, but I'm just not ready for it yet.

What I'm trying to get at here is that we may be able to offer suggestions but those suggestions should be taken cautiously. Stones can be overpowering. I don't know that stones will damage people, but they can cause, I've been told, a healing crisis. A person feels absolutely awful because the stones are too powerful for the person at the time. So I suggest testing the waters, taking it slow, introducing one stone at a time.

That said, I have found ocean jasper to be incredible. Michael Gienger lists it under the heading of "Revitalisation/Regeneration" in his book The Healing Crystal First Aid Manual. It is also found in many other sections of his book. Under "Revitalisation," he says it "contributes to basic cell renewal and physical revival" (215). On the same page he says "it also strengthens emotional renewal and brings new hope and courage and has been described as the 'crystal bringing with it the energy of waking up on a spring day.'"

When I've come home from work aching all over, I slap on a few pieces of ocean jasper and the pain goes away.

I can't speak directly to mood swings and seasonal affect disorder. I wear a piece of citrine in a pouch around my neck. This is for depression. Most citrine is heat treated amethyst, but I have authentic citrine. It took me quite a bit of research to find it. It has really helped my depression.

I've also found amazonite helpful for depression. I gave a piece to a friend who complained of being very depressed. The next day I asked if the stone had helped. She said no. I asked if she was still depressed. She said she didn't have time to be depressed! We both laughed. The stone helped, but she hadn't realized it at the time.
Old 24-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Vie Belle

Dee47

Point taken. I very much agree that the stones are individual and you must take it slowly. I have had some stones that others said were very powerful that actually did nothing for me and others that were profound. I have a lovely small piece of ocean jasper that I haven't really tried yet. Looking forward to it. I did research the lithium quartz and the heliodor, which both sound tailor-made for him, but I always like to use one at a time to see the reaction. This is a good time of year for him generally, so I think a good time to start. I will also check out amazonite. I believe I have a small piece already. Thanks for the tip on citrine. Purchasing gems can certainly be a bit tricky with some of them, can't it? Again, thanks.
Old 24-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Experiencer

You're welcome, Vie. Hope you're able to help your friend.

P.S. I've also discovered that it sometimes takes awhile before stones help. You might need to have a stone in your house for up to 2 weeks before using it. Another tip I found: stones are more likely to do their thing if "stressed" a bit--within reason. When I sent more ocean jasper to the person I mentioned above, it didn't seem to help at all. She hadn't had it in her house long enough. I told her to put it in the fridge (a stresser), and then it worked right away.
Old 24-05-2013, 05:45 PM
nebetmiw

I would like into smokey quartz, agates, even a rough aquamarine.
Old 24-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Veres

Maybe a basic selection of calcites (Blue, Red, Orange, Green)? They are easily obtainable, easy to work with and can address the issues you mention.

I would say once he get used to calcites perharps you could advance him to more speciality stones like a combination of: Red Aragonite, Vanadinite, Zircon.
Old 25-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Vie Belle

Seriously, thank you all for your responses. I will take each into consideration. This is for my son and he has had a tough road. He is truly a special person (not just saying this as his mom-have heard it all his life) and I think some of his struggles have helped to shape this. He now, however, would like more internal peace and to find his way. Your input has been very important and very much appreciated.
Old 25-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Master
Sunstone came to mind with pryite for grounding x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.