Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-11-2011, 06:29 AM
BlackWolf

Fish Did I Astral Project or was it just a dream in a dream?

Ok, so I just remembered my "dream" like 2 minutes ago and rushed to my computer to post this. I remember I was standing in front of a mirror and something was scaring me. I can't remember if it was following me or not but I felt very aware that I was suddenly dreaming. I looked at myself in the mirror and said "Denise, wake up. You are dreaming and you need to wake up and get the hell out of here, fast. WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!". Then I slapped my chest a few times (like it was what I was supposed to do to get myself to wake up or something) and I felt my dream body collapse and wake into my real body. Something was after me in the dream and the only way to get away from it was to wake up. It was sooooo real. I was standing in a glass type room that I could look out and see people standing outside in the open but I cannot remember what I was looking at. I remember the mirror and looking at myself and thinking "ok, I look like my real self" like I was expecting to look different or something, lol. Something in the back of my mind right now keeps saying/thinking that whatever it was followed me into my dream. I felt no negativity or anything before I went to bed. I do wake up a lot, A LOT, at night and sometimes I feel like something is there and if I open my eyes I am gonna see this creepy thing looking at me, so I just don't open my eyes. Lol. Too many scary movies I guess.

Anywho, was this APing or what? It was sooooo real and kinda cool that I was completely in control of my dream but while I was dreaming I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to wake up. I also remember telling myself I was Astral Projecting and I needed to wake up. I read a post on here about if you are scared while you are in a dream, just tell yourself to wake up and you will. Thank goodness I read that because that is why I did it.
Old 20-11-2011, 08:47 AM
b3yond33

What confuses me is that during your dream, you told yourself you were dreaming, which would be a lucid dream but you also stated that you told yourself you were astral projecting, so...I would say from the point where you said you were astral projecting, you were because of your awareness and acknowledgement of you being out-of-body.
Old 20-11-2011, 08:58 AM
BlackWolf

I know! I don't get it either. lol. I remember telling myself I was APing and I needed to wake up. Then my dream body collapsed and I woke up in my real body AS my dream body was falling. hmmmmmm.
Old 20-11-2011, 09:18 AM
mattie

Stop Running

Meanings from dreammoods.com. Fuller meanings on the site.

Seeing one’s self in a mirror can be pondering your inner self. What gave you the urgency about having to wake up & flee a dream? Do you have some basic fear about dreams? One meaning of chest is feeling overwhelmed & a feeling of being confronted by danger. Glass can be protection & putting up a barrier around your self.

What really jumps out at me is the comment, ‘I do wake up a lot, A LOT, at night and sometimes I feel like something is there and if I open my eyes I am gonna see this creepy thing looking at me, so I just don't open my eyes.’ This shows a long-standing fear of the unknown & negative energies.

There is no need to fear any unknown energies. You have the ability to question them & give them direct instructions to whether they can contact you or not.

The next time you have this feeling, don’t run or exit the dream. Turn around & tell whatever is pursuing you to scram. Until you do you will likely continue to have this same type of dream.
Old 20-11-2011, 09:47 AM
BlackWolf

Hmmm Mattie. I never thought of it that way. I am not afraid of dreams at all, this dream was just very scary. Something was after me and trying to find me and I HAD to get out of there. The thing is, sometimes I don't know whether the feeling of a presence is a positive or negative energy. I get scared but sometimes I think it's because there is an energy in my room. Sometimes it's very looming and all around me and sometimes it's faint. Sometimes I can deal with it being there and sometimes it's so strong I can't sleep. I was told by someone it is my spirit guide because it isn't so frightening that I run out of the room, it's just there. It gets annoying sometimes because I really want to sleep but can't while it is there.