Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Yassi

Sleep paralysis

Do you think people can die from sleep paralysis?
Last time when I was in that condition I didn't want to wake up to see what would happen. It seemed like I was about to die. It took me much more time to come back than usually. I've read that some people die during their sleep and no one can identify the reason of death. Maybe these people died from sleep paralysis...
Old 20-11-2011, 08:14 AM
b3yond33

Perhaps, if one was so scared of the fact that they were awake but they can't move (sleep paralysis) or anything else one might experience while being in that state, then maybe one could possibly have a heart attack and die. Especially, those that have never experienced being in that state before (I'm not trying to scare anyone, it is just a thought). If you or anyone else finds themselves in this state, just attempt to move like a finger, then your hand, then your arm and so on to break free from the paralysis. If one wants, they can take advantage of the paralysis and go out-of-body by simply doing an exit technique.
Old 20-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassi
Do you think people can die from sleep paralysis?
Last time when I was in that condition I didn't want to wake up to see what would happen. It seemed like I was about to die. It took me much more time to come back than usually. I've read that some people die during their sleep and no one can identify the reason of death. Maybe these people died from sleep paralysis...

I suffer from Sleep Paralysis and have been under a physicians care for this for quite some time. To my knowledge, despite how frightening the event can be, nobody has died from it. Unless they were already prone to a heart attack or heart failure and the sudden start that occurs when you snap out of sleep paralysis triggered one. But even that is pretty far fetched, so I wouldn't worry.
Old 24-11-2011, 12:42 AM
omcasey

Some passing through here might find interest in listening in on this interview, an open discussion on sleep paralysis; David J. Hufford is being interviewed--
http://www.youtube.com/user/omcasey1.../0/21kW39IcLKA.

Old 24-11-2011, 04:54 AM
XeR0

Sleep paralysis is a natural biological function. Not sure how exactly we could live without it. Scientists still don't know WHY we sleep other than the fact that we suffer greatly if we don't. So don't expect scientists to really grasp why we need to be paralyzed during sleep anytime soon....at least not until we figure out why exactly we need to sleep.

I think sleeping is the brain's way of "defragmenting" all the days memories, ideas, thoughts, learned data, etc. Ever defragment the Windows registry and were told you MUST NOT move the mouse? I think the same applies in the brain. When we sleep, our brain stumbles upon ideas/thought processes/actions etc. that may trigger physical movement that may disrupt the defragmentation process. And so, sleep paralysis is needed to prevent this. It's just a theory....albeit, one that I came up with on the fly...so please do take it with a grain of salt....maybe a couple. ;)
Old 24-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Yassi

Thank you for your replies
Old 24-11-2011, 07:43 PM
earthatic

From a heart attack, definitely. I've had some pretty scary experiences during sleep paralysis.
Old 24-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Fujiwara Kaito

For those having problems with exiting sleep paralysis.

This technique works for me:

Stay aware of your own presence and focus on returning to your body. Draw Ki in to your body quickly. If there is mischievous spirits taking advantage you can throw negatively charged Ki in their direction.