Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Aquatic_Dragon

First Astral Projection

Last night i tried to astral project and i couldnt seem to get anywhere with it so i went to sleep.

It was not untill the morning when i woke up with a bit of a stomach ache that i went back to bed to rest, while i was laying on my side i all of a sudden felt really warm, i then started to hear this weird and loud sound sort of like rushing water, i then sort of sunk through my bed and i felt like water myself, it was such a weird feeling, my hip felt stuck to the bed and was uncomfortable so i moved and i came back to my body.

For the first time i felt that i had finally succeeded with astral projection, but the thing is i wasnt using any of the techniques i usually would use and i also wasnt planning on leaving my body at that moment in time.

If i try to astral project tonight do you think that i will be more successful because of this mornings events?

It was such a weird and wonderful experience but i feel confused because i dont know how i got to that state.
Old 16-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic_Dragon
Last night i tried to astral project and i couldn't seem to get anywhere with it so i went to sleep.

It was not until the morning when i woke up with a bit of a stomach ache that i went back to bed to rest, while i was laying on my side i all of a sudden felt really warm, i then started to hear this weird and loud sound sort of like rushing water, i then sort of sunk through my bed and i felt like water myself, it was such a weird feeling, my hip felt stuck to the bed and was uncomfortable so i moved and i came back to my body.

For the first time i felt that i had finally succeeded with astral projection, but the thing is i wasn't using any of the techniques i usually would use and i also wasn't planning on leaving my body at that moment in time.

If i try to astral project tonight do you think that i will be more successful because of this mornings events?

It was such a weird and wonderful experience but i feel confused because i don't know how i got to that state.

Techniques never really worked for me. I used to try them in the beginning with little success but now I just wait for the right moment. For me its more like a cycle I go through, I just wait for it to come around and take advantage of it when its available.
With effort I can increase the frequency of projections but the effort is more like a focused intent than a technique.

BTW congrats
Old 16-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Aquatic_Dragon

Thanks I AM,

Do u think that laying on my side will increase the chances? Because i was successful when i layed on my side.
Old 16-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Experiencer
For me it doesn't seem to matter.
Old 16-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic_Dragon
Thanks I AM,

Do u think that laying on my side will increase the chances? Because i was successful when i layed on my side.

Aquatic--

Someone recently posted links to youtube videos which I remember watching. [I had success with Buhlman's ideas after 45 days but haven't since--now 3 years ago]

But this guy in the videos seems sort of like used car salesman but talks about how your body prepares for sleep by that final flip to the side. So his technique is about leveraging that urge. You lay on your back for a long time until you can't stand it anymore. Then, once flipped, you don't move at all, forcing your body through the tests it does for "am I asleep? Is my body asleep? Is my brain asleep?" quicker.

It did make sense to me but then I didn't feel like stifling urges to move body to get more comfort, so I really didn't follow through.

I'll find the links and put them on again. It is at least good info to have in the back of your head.

IsleWalker - Lora

P.S. These videos too emphasize something that I think has been misinterpreted--the emphasis on vibrations. He makes the point that you want to lessen vibrations (or entirely remove them) because they are basically drawing away energy and focus from you. Also he talks about the best times of the night (early morning 3am-6am between sleep sessions when you are rested but still body relaxed, like you experienced.)
Old 16-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Master
Aquatic--

Here it is--or the first in the series. It's free as long as you don't "subscribe" to the 102 class, I think. It's been a while so I don't remember, but you'll get enough just watching the free videos in this.

They're at least ideas to keep in mind.

Here is from someone else's site. They couldn't find video Part 1 either:

Note: I couldn't find Parts 1/12, 4/12 and 11/12 but there is a bunch of excellent information in the other parts listed below.

ENJOY and happy traveling!

Part 2/12: Waking Sleep Paralysis: The Holy Grail For New Lucid Dreamers & OBEers - Lucidology 101 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJOMqIhvHM

Part 3/12: The Stop Drop & Roll Sleep Command To Fall Asleep Fast - Lucidology 101http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb8eGsu_nX4

Part 5/12:Fast Relaxation For Lucid Dreams And OBEs - Lucidology 101http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_frSh_EQU8

Part 6/12: How To Avoid The #1 Mistake In Lucid Dreams & OBEs Using The Sun - Lucidology 101http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw5r6gPLOU0

Part 7/12: Lucid Dream Timer Method: Fastest Way To Have Lots Of OBEs & Lucid Dreams - Lucidology 101http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKquVghfwG0

Part 8/12: The 4 Easiest Movement-Free Reality Checks For Lucid Dreams And OBEs - Lucidology 101 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZSAxoA2XMM
Part9/12: Lucid Dream Exit Blindness - 3 Fast Solutions - Lucidology 101 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AL1dSH3Eg

Part 10/12:OBE Vibrations & 3 Ways To Tell How Close You Are To An OBE - Lucidology 101http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zeoLMO37i0
Part 12/12: 5 Fast Exit Methods For Lucid Dreams & OBEs - Lucidology 101 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOaNw4RedOU
Old 16-11-2011, 11:08 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Aquatic--

Someone recently posted links to youtube videos which I remember watching. [I had success with Buhlman's ideas after 45 days but haven't since--now 3 years ago]

But this guy in the videos seems sort of like used car salesman but talks about how your body prepares for sleep by that final flip to the side. So his technique is about leveraging that urge. You lay on your back for a long time until you can't stand it anymore. Then, once flipped, you don't move at all, forcing your body through the tests it does for "am I asleep? Is my body asleep? Is my brain asleep?" quicker.

It did make sense to me but then I didn't feel like stifling urges to move body to get more comfort, so I really didn't follow through.

I'll find the links and put them on again. It is at least good info to have in the back of your head.

IsleWalker - Lora

P.S. These videos too emphasize something that I think has been misinterpreted--the emphasis on vibrations. He makes the point that you want to lessen vibrations (or entirely remove them) because they are basically drawing away energy and focus from you. Also he talks about the best times of the night (early morning 3am-6am between sleep sessions when you are rested but still body relaxed, like you experienced.)

I used to be able to induce an oobie laying on my stomach with my head under the pillow. Doesn't work so much any more.
Old 16-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
I used to be able to induce an oobie laying on my stomach with my head under the pillow. Doesn't work so much any more.

How bizarre! That'd be the last thing I would think would work---but just shows how different everyone is!

Guess we'll all find our way...or not

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 17-11-2011, 07:58 AM
b3yond33

@Aquatic_Dragon My thoughts on your experience...When you went back to bed, your body was beginning to fall asleep again. Since, you had a stomach ache, your mind was focused on that/being relieved of that pain. You then entered the mind awake, body asleep state. Your desire to project was in your subconscious because of your conscious intent to project last night before you went to bed. Put that all together and this is what lead to your spontaneous OBE while you were trying to relax/rest. Use this experience to motivate you...You are not trying to go OOB, you are trying to go OOB again...because you've already succeeded! Hope I/that made sense.
Old 17-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Seeker

Aquatic_Dragon,

In my experience, and the way to induce obe's is to get up in the middle of the night for about an hour or maybe a little longer. I generally just wake up for an hour or two on my own. For some reason when I go back to bed it happens for me more often than not. I also noticed that it would happen frequently when I nap in the daytime. I belieive it has to do with interrupting your normal sleep cylce and then going back to sleep a short time later. This works for me, and apparently for you as well!