Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Master

Kundalini awakening

Hi all, I have been practicing yoga meditation and they talk about what happens when kundalini awakens. When kundalini awakens will that make astral projection a lot easier to do? I could ask the teacher that question but I do not like to.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Guide
If you ask a hundred people what an "awakened kundalini" means to them... you'll either get the textbook response from them, or you'll get a completely different answer from each person.

Stick with the meditation. Try to improve your ability to meditate... whatever occurs from that, enjoy. :)

I've had some strange things happen to me while meditating. I choose to not label them as anything in particular, yet I cherish each one and try to remember them in as much detail as I can so I can see if they happen again. But as for labeling... nope, don't care to. What I experience is unique to me... just as what you'll experience is unique to you. Just log them, and enjoy them.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Master

Thank you Xanth. I was just reading from astral pulse and someone said, people have problems trying to ap because they do not believe they can do it. (May not be exact words). It is very true. When I believe I can ap I do ap. It just happens. The mind can easily get in the way. You have to focus and not to talk yourself out of trying to ap. That is what I do a lot at night time when I go to bed. A few days ago late in the afternoon, I was meditating and I saw a boy saying are you my mummy? If I stayed relaxed I would have ap or perhaps I was already out of my body. I was not expecting to see someone when I was meditating so I woke up. It has been on my mind for a while and it is good to share it with other people. This is the first time I mentioned that experience.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Stormweaver

Hey Astralusuzy

I asked my teacher about that, and she looked me in a worry like state. The whole class looked at me funny, and said things like " why would you want to see ghosts ..?.."
I guess they did not researched about astral travelling.
My teacher told me after class to keep meditating, and once my Kundalini awakens, I wont even think about astral travelling.

But now I have stopped going to those classes, I just didnt feel like I belonged there. I had different views , I wanted my thrid eye to pop open. But the class was scared about that thought. My teacher tried to tell me to not think about it...
Old 03-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Master

Hi Stormeaver, thank you for comments. It was a shame you had such a negative response from everyone. I go to sahaja yoga meditation to practice being a better person. Do not get me wrong, I am a good person, but there is always room for improvement, such as, not to think about negative things and to cope better when bad things happen. I will not talk about astral projection to anyone in the class in case I may get a negative response.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Master

Another reason why I go to sahaja yoga meditation and that is they say when you practice it helps to stop the thoughts coming into your mind. It is very helpful when I am meditation.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Stormweaver

Sahaja Yoga meditation is really good Astralsuzy. If you can awaken your Kundalini, it would be so nice !

I had a bad experience when I refused to soak my foot in the tub of water. A nice lady insisted that I should do it, and so she filled up the bucket with warm water instead of cool.

Then you know when you put your feet in and do the ... "thing" ... sorry I forgot the right term for it. I felt dizzy afterwards and very uncomfortable.

After that I just didnt turn up to any more classes. I was about to attend the collective conscious meeting that they hold once a year, I believe last years was in Burwood or something... I could be wrong with the suburb.

But anyways, I wish you well with the meditation class Astralsuzy !

Winners don't quit. =)
Old 03-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Master
My teacher told me after class to keep meditating, and once my Kundalini awakens, I wont even think about astral travelling.

Actually, Stormweaver, awakened kundalini and astral travel have nothing to do with each other. Astral projection is a natural ability that just about anyone could develop. Whereas, in my view kundalini is best left to awakening spontaneously. When we 'try' to do it there can be problems.

And... in our spiritual growth no one knows how our paths may lead us.

If you're interested in astral projection you could read up on it. An excellent book is William Buhlman's "The Secret of the Soul".

And here's a thread on Kundalini Rising -
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8082

Xan

Old 03-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Stormweaver

Thankyou Xan , I always appreciate your help.
Will read up on them.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Master
Suzy in response to your Op and awakening if you want your third eye to open you may see unusual things or experience unusual things. Just as in life we see and experiene good and bad things so it is when your third eye opens. While you might get some good intuition following it you might also see some freaky stuff too.

I thought I should at least let you know that if you are going to pursue this.

A sudden awakening can be quite an altered state of awareness and some of it is not all pleasant but some is. someone else might have good advice regarding slower safer methods and research what you might expect as after effects and how transitional processes could feel.